Recent Topics

Ads

Which classes are currently meta?

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Re: Which classes are currently meta?

Post#11 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:10 pm

On Order Swordmaster, Knight, Slayer, White Lion, Bright Wizard, Warrior Priest, or Rune Priest are the only valid classes. Every other class can’t do its archetype as well as these comparatively. These classes can do better in a /5 grp and use AoE builds in cities effectively and right now that is the meta.

Any destro class is fine. I can’t really think of one that is out of synergy with melee train. Ppl complain about heal shaman but its numbers are pretty good when spamming heals. Obviously Choppa is king DPS and everyone else just supports them.

Absolutely do not play engi, sw, wh, am, ib, etc unless you are in a guild and you have a party compensating for those classes weaknesses. You can use these classes in scens, ranked, roam whatever but they are not meta for city.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Rekoom

Post#12 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:32 pm

Didn't expect you to rank the IB as non meta but since you play one, can you explain why? I understand Knights are Knights and SMs have WW but beyond that?

I'd have thought the good Oathfriend buffs, the short CD punt, the aoe slow, armor debuff and general tankiness would compensate for all the useless buffs that don't stack but eh.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

CountTalabecland

Post#13 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:40 pm

Rekoom wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:32 pm Didn't expect you to rank the IB as non meta but since you play one, can you explain why? I understand Knights are Knights and SMs have WW but beyond that?

I'd have thought the good Oathfriend buffs, the short CD punt, the aoe slow, armor debuff and general tankiness would compensate for all the useless buffs that don't stack but eh.
Most of my IB play time was 2 years or so ago when there were no forts or cities and Bitterstone ran bigger warbands. But the reason why it is bad now is that it can only buff one groupmate who should be a Slayer. If you don't have a Slayer buddy you will spend a lot of time guarding crap Shadow Warriors and Witch Hunters who do no damage and that don't get hit that much or just get insta-killed by pulls. For tanks to get contribution you need to take a lot of guard damage (but not die) so you can be alive and absorb more COMBINED with a good DPS who is getting a lot of kills, assist kills, and damage. So as IB unless you have a good melee to follow you are usually just facepalming watching a sub-par DPS fail while you could just roll a DPS and do better yourself. Having a good Bomb spec BW can also be fun but those are especially rare these days as BW bomb grp is non-meta now anyhow.

Also, as always, Knights Grp buff auras and arcing swing are just better utility than what you bring to the table. SM has more utility than IB for being the off tank. IB is a little better now as an AP battery with recent changes but its still pretty meh.

Edit: The IB armor buff is only 900 with 100 grudges. Its useless and not worth the cooldown in wb/wb and I would say anywhere but some might argue with me that it has a point in small scale (where IB shines anyways). But taking 900 off a Choppa/mara with 4000 or so armor in full sov is pointless. I guess you could put it on a zealot or shaman but you are better using that GCD to buff/support your DPS. AoE slow is ok but there's plenty of slows out there already.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Seravajan

Post#14 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:46 pm

Absolutely do not play a WH would counts for WE too. WE seems to be even worse than WH. Don't play Engi but the Magus is ok? And the sorc seems to be a worse version of the BW. These all stuff found in the forums.

jvlosky

Post#15 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:15 pm

StrongUn wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:34 pm Dont play metas, play what you enjoy most
And never get invited to organized city groups and oRVR groups, if that is something you want to be apart of.

There are outliers of people who really know their class and are geared and etc etc, but still.

Nobody is taking an assault shadow warrior to orvr or a full warband of engis lol.

it is a valid question

Seravajan

Post#16 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:48 pm

All classes seem viable as long-only playing scenarios. But there are much more in the game than just scenarios.

Dauntl3s

Post#17 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:18 pm

Any class that can sit on a wall and spam AoE.
Sol

M0rw47h

Post#18 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:21 pm

What kind of meta? Solo roaming, duo roaming, 6 man roaming, 12 man roaming, ranked SC solo/premade, WB play, keep/fort leeching, City Sieges?

Ads
Rekoom

Post#19 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:31 am

@CountTalabecland your point on teamplay is very valid however it is the same for all tanks and I'd even extend it to all careers i.e. playing a Slayer with a poor tank and a poor healer is particularly frustrating.

Sometimes though things click and your DPS line is mowing stuff down and you have this huge rush of enjoyment that makes this team-based game so good.

I would agree IB is below Knight and probably SM when you PuG and its value is really when guarding a strong Slayer or BW but that job it does really well.

When you have an organized/guild warband however I don't think the IB is anything to scoff at. WW is a stronger buff sure but Order does not have the same play options around CD reducers that Destro have and I think having a very tough Slayer/BW fed with AP is more reliable and has better "uptime" compared to that WW burst window some classes might be able to benefit from.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Seravajan

Post#20 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 am

M0rw47h wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:21 pm What kind of meta? Solo roaming, duo roaming, 6 man roaming, 12 man roaming, ranked SC solo/premade, WB play, keep/fort leeching, City Sieges?
All of these.

What is "PuG"?