Recent Topics

Ads

Make Pug SC second Event Sc every week

Let's talk about... everything else
Crumbs

Re: Make Pug SC second Event Sc every week

Post#81 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:08 pm

Its true, you should be coordinating, pre-planning and working to turn a vision into reality, I don't play any 'meta' classes, like wargrimnir said the meta is not locked down to several individual classes, but rather a composition and their playstyle. There is not just 1 meta, our guild has been playing with that concept and we've tried many different compositions and found success in the areas we thought such a comp would be strong.

To the new players making demands; people have been playing this game for years, they know your own class better than you do, they know its weaknesses, they know the kind of CC they have, morales etc. If you want to compete with them you need to place yourself on their playing field, the gear setup they've picked has been pre planned for weeks/months knowing exactly what they will do with each piece of gear and the kind of specs/playstyles they are designed for. Its not because they started playing with the intention of being the most tryhard elitists but rather that they've worked up to that level of gameplay and knowledge through trial and error, and the same rough patches you've all been through. Every class in the game has at least 1 very viable and amazing spec, some have 2, others have over 3 specs depending on the playstyle, point is no class gets left out.

On the other hand, about this event SC map (eternal citadel).... It really seemed like a cruel joke from the devs. Sure it heavily favours melee and its a common minor issue for order pugs, but the real problem lies in just how degenerately exploitable this map is, repeatedly punting people into the black hole with BG long punts from the other side of the room over and over again with no counterplay, hugging the walls so you dont get wiped by cheese only to step 5ft away from the wall and a BG instantly knocks you down, squeezes in, and punts you again into the black hole and youre on a 28 second respawn timer as a unrezzable healer in 222 group and now this group literally **** jerks off for the next 60+ seconds as they slowly wipe without you. Then after youve all finally wiped and ready to have another crack after those 2mins of resetting, you all click portal and theres a Zealot chain punting entire group up against walls as you spawn out of portal, wp cant even cast a heal whilst the melee train wails on them as they get sent flying repeatedly over and over again up against a wall with no immunities, and then a BG knocks down and punts you again.

Absolute **** trash, i didn't even have to play this sc to know this was going to be by FAR the worst event SC ever decided on. Big mistake on your part devs, maybe you couldnt have forseen this, but im sorry, im calling it for what it is and all i can do is hope that we dont get another map like this for an event, maybe your analytics have already told you this map is not a good idea if you want to keep the game healthy.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
Kyraith

Post#82 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi! One of the T2/T3 Destro Premade members here.

Yes, we very much enjoyed the large amount of XP and Renown from the many wins; but more fun was had from the near even fights against other premades (except for the ones that went all 15 mins with almost no deaths on either side...talk about sore fingers!!!).

However your request for a mode where premades can face each other already exists in the weekend warfront, you are basically just asking to block solo joining the weekend warfront (You still get rewards from the other SCs available, just not as good). Otherwise the premade only rewards would need to be so much better than the WW rewards, you would then be upset that premades get such better rewards.

Out of curiosity, what is keeping you from making a premade? With SwiftAssist and LFG channel you can increase the enjoyment of the game and your win percentage by so much! Why do you avoid it? Also, many of the event tasks take ages to complete if you are not in a premade...it is more time efficient to form a premade.

Anyway, I want to thank the devs for the sweaty 6 man SC weekend. It was a LOT of fun to have the feeling of a ranked brawl for the SC (even in the 15min slogfest matches) and it is something that I think all the premades would enjoy the opportunity to go up against each other in again in the near future. I do agree with Crumbs though that the Abyss was a little too powerful of an environment hazard from something that felt like it wanted to capture hardcore tournament style competition. I also agree that the layout was tough on ranged classes and they could have benefited from a better layout, though we did see some REALLY strong competition from some of the SWs we were up against.

Anyway, thanks for mixing it up! Hope to see some improved takes on it in the future!
Kiyon - RR 81 Swordmaster of Hoeth

Ysaran

Post#83 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:43 pm

Crumbs wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:08 pm Its true, you should be coordinating, pre-planning and working to turn a vision into reality, I don't play any 'meta' classes, like wargrimnir said the meta is not locked down to several individual classes, but rather a composition and their playstyle. There is not just 1 meta, our guild has been playing with that concept and we've tried many different compositions and found success in the areas we thought such a comp would be strong.

To the new players making demands; people have been playing this game for years, they know your own class better than you do, they know its weaknesses, they know the kind of CC they have, morales etc. If you want to compete with them you need to place yourself on their playing field, the gear setup they've picked has been pre planned for weeks/months knowing exactly what they will do with each piece of gear and the kind of specs/playstyles they are designed for. Its not because they started playing with the intention of being the most tryhard elitists but rather that they've worked up to that level of gameplay and knowledge through trial and error, and the same rough patches you've all been through. Every class in the game has at least 1 very viable and amazing spec, some have 2, others have over 3 specs depending on the playstyle, point is no class gets left out.

On the other hand, about this event SC map (eternal citadel).... It really seemed like a cruel joke from the devs. Sure it heavily favours melee and its a common minor issue for order pugs, but the real problem lies in just how degenerately exploitable this map is, repeatedly punting people into the black hole with BG long punts from the other side of the room over and over again with no counterplay, hugging the walls so you dont get wiped by cheese only to step 5ft away from the wall and a BG instantly knocks you down, squeezes in, and punts you again into the black hole and youre on a 28 second respawn timer as a unrezzable healer in 222 group and now this group literally **** jerks off for the next 60+ seconds as they slowly wipe without you. Then after youve all finally wiped and ready to have another crack after those 2mins of resetting, you all click portal and theres a Zealot chain punting entire group up against walls as you spawn out of portal, wp cant even cast a heal whilst the melee train wails on them as they get sent flying repeatedly over and over again up against a wall with no immunities, and then a BG knocks down and punts you again.

Absolute **** trash, i didn't even have to play this sc to know this was going to be by FAR the worst event SC ever decided on. Big mistake on your part devs, maybe you couldnt have forseen this, but im sorry, im calling it for what it is and all i can do is hope that we dont get another map like this for an event, maybe your analytics have already told you this map is not a good idea if you want to keep the game healthy.
This is some nice piece of truth in this sea of dung.

I would just argue that Stonetroll Crossing would be the worst Sc for the event
Zputadenti

lyncher12

Post#84 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:50 pm

twisted tower

Maliceblades

Post#85 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:31 pm

I enjoyed the event I wish there was more like it although I run premades with my guild it sounds like most of the people in this thread need a guild imo

CountTalabecland

Post#86 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:25 pm

This last weekend was not fun as a healer. Either you roll solo and chain-heal repeatedly wrecked RDPS with no guard on Order. Or you join a premade and watch as no one dies if they are a premade as well. And even if you get "lucky" and get to exploit a pug grp, they give up after 2 wipes and you sit there.

While I agree that there is a 24/7 pug scen so weekend event doesnt need its own pug version, picking 6v6 maps is not a good idea either as it just leads to this sort of nonsenese where maybe 1 in 10 is a competitive scen since pugs being on either side means an instant loss and then boring waiting down the clock. Additionally, event should probably be 12 man since at least some extra pugs can shake up a premade v premade so it doesnt stalemate.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.