Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Win Rate Tracker

Let's talk about... everything else
Gurf

Re: Fort Win Rate Tracker

Post#81 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:35 am

All the IC pushes have been in the middle of the night EU time, I don't remember the last time we successfully pushed IC during regular time. If you want the forts to change what exactly do you want? The first stage in forts is much better than it used to be, the second stage is determined by what organised guilds are on either side and what setup each side brings. Stonewatch the other day was taken by Des by them having and organised Warband on Postern who sent a MSH in first to pounce and knockback the stairs allowing their tanks and mdps to morale bomb the healers, result was Order wiped and fort was taken. First time in ages I have seen them try some proper tactics.

Ads
farng84

Post#82 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 am

If you did read my post I stated I was being sarcastic; so, yes ofc I was exaggerating the situation... Thanks for noticing, shame you did not get it

As I said several times a large part of the issue is in the class distribution which is not a problem with a solution (can't say stop playing your choppas guys, we need you to roll sorc). That problem was (and still is, at least partially since a few more good slayers are now available) shared with city. It is noteworthy that win rate increased more than slayers number btw, so I would say it it not the only cause.
That said, if you see no issues with the way the campaign is going in recent times there is not much to discuss..

Gurf,the miracle you were able to witness is that mSH did reach stairs, that sort of idea (reach stairs and hinder healers/rdps) is the basic tactic for every fort. Usually, 1-2 tanks might be able to reach the stairs and do very little/nothing at all (one of them might be me, come and say hi, with your axe)

farng84

Post#83 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:01 am

Just one more thing, yes, 3 IC is a day is not daily occurrence, but you can see morning/afternoon IC (EU times) on a regular basis.
If there is a siege I usually expect it to be IC

nuadarstark

Post#84 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:05 am

Afternoon barely, maybe when stars align and we all have WBs up on guild event nights. We're usually defending till Destro breaks during the EU times.

Very early to Early EU morning is usually when you see IC, cause that's late NA and a time that's particularly poor for Destro pop. Though that very quickly swings into Destro's favour again when NA folks log off and Europeans log in.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

farng84

Post#85 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:17 am

Not anymore? gosh was a common occurrence till at least the end of September (I would log around 1-2 pm whenever I wasn't working just for that)

Well, thanks to EU destro for protecting our capital a little more, we can do it (as long as we have at least 1.5 times order pop) :)

And sorry for being offtopic, this thread should be only to report forts win rate and possibly draw conclusions

Gurf

Post#86 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:37 am

farng84 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 am If you did read my post I stated I was being sarcastic; so, yes ofc I was exaggerating the situation... Thanks for noticing, shame you did not get it

As I said several times a large part of the issue is in the class distribution which is not a problem with a solution (can't say stop playing your choppas guys, we need you to roll sorc). That problem was (and still is, at least partially since a few more good slayers are now available) shared with city. It is noteworthy that win rate increased more than slayers number btw, so I would say it it not the only cause.
That said, if you see no issues with the way the campaign is going in recent times there is not much to discuss..

Gurf,the miracle you were able to witness is that mSH did reach stairs, that sort of idea (reach stairs and hinder healers/rdps) is the basic tactic for every fort. Usually, 1-2 tanks might be able to reach the stairs and do very little/nothing at all (one of them might be me, come and say hi, with your axe)
I have a Slayer and I can promise you Slayer doesn't help very much on attacking a fort, I doesn't have any decent default Morale. A Beserk slayer will melt in seconds along with guarding Tank, so can't charge the door with Beserk Rampage. I can pretty much guarantee if you check damage logs it won't be the Slayer doing it on attack. I would prefer Choppa for pull, as a healer i get pulled out of position off stairs into the grinder quite often, or pull tank out of position. On Defense Slayer is better though.

I prefer the Campaign now there is more rvr than before when it was City multiple times a day, most people agreed that they prefer rvr to City. If the Forts were too easy then Altdorf would be on farm like it was previously, as Des have the numbers every day at the moment and would just Zerg there without any proper organisation or real effort, there has already been 4 Forts today I think before midday. While IC is low on stars for the vast majority of players it isn't on farm and most of my guild hasn't done a City in weeks.

I have full confidence a few decent Des leaders can take forts when they want to, but I don't really care if Des zerging pugs keep losing. When I play in pugs in forts I usually lose, when we have some good leaders on we usually win.

JarlBerzirk

Post#87 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:52 am

Bump

Gurf

Post#88 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:23 am

Can we also continue to do the City win rate tracker?

Last two I have seen this week:
Des 11 : 4 Order - Des 73% win rate
Des 8 : 3 Order - Des 72% win rate

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#89 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:31 am

Gurf wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:23 am Can we also continue to do the City win rate tracker?

Totally off-topic. This post was made to track the FORT win rate.

M0rw47h

Post#90 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:32 am

Gurf wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:23 am Can we also continue to do the City win rate tracker?

To quote some order from this topic "<insert faction> can't zerg in <insert content>, so they lose".

Both cities and forts could use some adjustments, but instead complaining about results, try to find a proper solution.