Recent Topics

Ads

RR80 FS4 Worth It?

Let's talk about... everything else
Josewales

RR80 FS4 Worth It?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:21 pm

My understanding is that negative chance (24% from FS4) to crit applies onto others positive crit chance on top of the 15%. I have messed with a few defence combos as a (Sov/WL) White Lion. And it really feel no different than standard FS3 that most go with, except crit dots that eats through additional HP as part of a stat trade off (15 RRs for FS4). Keep in mind offensive burst is just as much as a priority for my WL. I mostly duck and load in zergs, but defence is still just as much as a priority for 1v1s.

Thoughts?

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: RR80 FS4 Worth It?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:53 pm

FS IV definitely helps smooth out spike damage for me, though it does also seem like dots are the big 'slip on through'. These come from glass cannon builds though, so I'm not terribly surprised. Remember, at the games current access of Sov gear, having high crit values is still pretty easy.

As a choppa I can get a passive 20% without any rr points, which puts me at 34% (+15 more for 49% for the Hitta tree). I'd imagine Sorc/BW have that in their sleep. Compare that to my defenses (Sov mix ups depending on general situation or mood), I have Initiative around 270-330 ... ~9% change for me to be crit. FS III takes that to -6%, then FS IV to -18%. That is still easily in range of many classes, even pre-Sov gear. Lets not forget of course INI debuffs or flat-out crit increase debuffs from BG (knights for destru). I think the base INI debuff is around 60, which is what, ~5-6% increase? Then 10% from BGs and you easily have your FS IV go from -18% to +16%.

Life sucks on the lakes when odds stack against you, best to run away Mr. WL, and stay off my poor little guy.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Josewales

Post#3 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Yes it feels like keeping up with the crit Joneses now.

When leveling RRS in Vanq/BL last year I ran no FS as a Guardian/Hunter WL with KD, soft cap,600+ WS, 48+ parry, decent D/D, and 9k HP. Lots of fun especially against WEs. Don’t think that will fly now with so many Sov builds. I should try this build again for chit and giggles even though tankeys will be a longer chew. Right now I am in axe build.

zij83

Post#4 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Josewales wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:21 pm My understanding is that negative chance (24% from FS4) to crit applies onto others positive crit chance on top of the 15%. I have messed with a few defence combos as a (Sov/WL) White Lion. And it really feel no different than standard FS3 that most go with, except crit dots that eats through additional HP as part of a stat trade off (15 RRs for FS4). Keep in mind offensive burst is just as much as a priority for my WL. I mostly duck and load in zergs, but defence is still just as much as a priority for 1v1s.

Thoughts?
I can't imagine that this is worth it based on what you'd be losing out on by taking it, I only run FS1 and have no problem staying alive in most situations. The only scenario I could see this being useful in is helping get through the door in forts.

Sundowner

Post#5 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:29 pm

FS 4 is probably not worth it for dps, but what about FS 2 vs FS 3? thoughts?

VindicoAtrum

Post#6 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:31 am

Sundowner wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:29 pm FS 4 is probably not worth it for dps, but what about FS 2 vs FS 3? thoughts?
Thoughts: If you're only on FS2 and don't have init piled high you're gonna be seeing some big numbers and many respawn screens.

badoglio

Post#7 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:05 am

f3 is fine

Mruvka

Post#8 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:59 pm

82 RR WL in BIS gear here - you are fine with FS on level 2 with Exquisite Gunbad Diamond. You are below 0% chance to be critically hit with the Initiative from the Sovereign gear.

Ads
Sundowner

Post#9 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Mruvka wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:59 pm 82 RR WL in BIS gear here - you are fine with FS on level 2 with Exquisite Gunbad Diamond. You are below 0% chance to be critically hit with the Initiative from the Sovereign gear.
How much ini do you have?

Mruvka

Post#10 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:02 pm

Sundowner wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:43 pm
Mruvka wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:59 pm 82 RR WL in BIS gear here - you are fine with FS on level 2 with Exquisite Gunbad Diamond. You are below 0% chance to be critically hit with the Initiative from the Sovereign gear.
How much ini do you have?
334 Initiative without any potions/unguents/liniments

In fact, you almost reach the 0% without the Exquisite Gunbad Diamond, so with the diamond it is actually negative. I have 4xOpportunist, 3xDeft Defender, 3xReflexes, 2xFutile Strikes for Renown Skills