Recent Topics

Ads

Approcahing the endgame

Let's talk about... everything else
PlagueMonk

Approcahing the endgame

Post#1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:07 pm

So I have now leveled 4 classes to mid 30's (34-36); WL, SW, IB and WP. All with RR near 40 and geared in the appropriate lvl 40 gear and all with crafting approaching max.

However I don't really know where to go from here. I know there's Beastlord to do, Gunbad, higher level dungeons and city SC but unsure when to attempt them or even how to do any of it.

I have so far been un-guilded and have been doing fine but do I need to join a guild to get into the endgame? If not how does one do this stuff?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Last edited by PlagueMonk on Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Approcahing the endgame

Post#2 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:10 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:07 pm So I have now leveled 4 classes to mid 30's (34-36); WL, SW, IB and WP. All with RR near 40 and geared in the appropriate lvl 40 gear and all with crafting approaching max.

However I don't really know where to go from here. I know there's Beastlord to do, Gunbad, higher level dungeons and city SC but unsure when to attempt them or even how to do any of it.

I have so far been un-guilded and have been doing fine but do I need to join a guild to get into the endgame? If not how does one do this stuff?

And advice would be appreciated.

Uh, hate to break it to you bud but you aren’t close to approaching end game. Anything pre-40 is essentially the tutorial.

Get Beastlord on SW/WL/IB asap; minimum gear to not be a one shot joke is full conq with BL, subjugator/45 sc weapons, and ok jewelry. This should all take less than a week on one character (realistically you should’ve made a decent dent into Conq, gotten BL, worked on Officer emblems or gotten epic quest items all before 40). On the WP I’d look for CH22 groups for Onslaught (even though it’s been nerfed it’s still as good as vanq and you should be able to get invader before Vanq so this saves you time and effort). Get genesis jewelry on every toon from Blue ORvR bags.

Depending on how you are trying to spec the IB and WP you will need PvE on them, WL and SW need them absolutely. Gotta get 5pc Redeye (don’t need cloak) for the Ward, also need to farm 8 runs of C/T for Sentinel ring on WL/SW/IN for BiS (just got reduced from 13 runs), and need 2 runs for Bloodlord Weapon (BiS) for WL/SW (if you ever want to dabble in ASW you will need 5 runs on the SW for both weapons). Make sure you take the 4.2s axe on WL. Need to try all this ASAP, conq will make it doable on any toon (slowly on the DPS, will need Vanq for it to not take a long time). Gunbad also drops decent beginner Jewelry (and one or two excellent pieces) from mini bosses, but it’s pretty cheap on AH if you want to get a jump start (just search Gunbad).

Need to do Forts and cities ASAP. Most premade city groups won’t take you until vanq/invader rr60/70 so you’re gonna have to pug them and lose a lot to get decently geared. Once you’re rr70 with Invader you are approaching end game and once you get sov and BiS here you are.

This process takes about 4 weeks start to finish on one toon if you push hard, know what you’re doing, have decent groups, and get lucky on city bags to get Sov. For the average player it will take at least 3 months to get sov. I would suggest picking which class you like the most (not SW) and playing that class in every fort/city you can to achieve any real progression. The rest of the time you can progress any toon.
<Montague><Capulet>

Caduceus

Post#3 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:52 pm

Alright. I'll provide some advice that's a little more nuanced and little less "hardcore".

Roughly speaking, RvR, scenarios and PvE dungeons are all valid ways of gearing up to a respectable level, though ultimately you will need to do RvR and City Sieges (IC/Altdorf) to get the best gear: Sovereign.

If you're primarily interested in doing PvP I would recommend to begin aiming for the following:

For RvR:
- Conqueror set bought with Conqueror Medallions from RvR.
- Genesis jewelry and cloak bought with Genesis tokens from Blue/Purple/Gold bags from RvR
- Subjugator Weapons/Shield/Off-hand from Purple/Gold bags from RvR.

If you prefer SCs:
- Dominator set bought with Conqueror Emblems from SCs.
- Genesis jewelry and cloak bought with Genesis tokens from Blue/Purple/Gold bags from RvR
- Tier 1 Scenario weapon bought with Conqueror Emblems from SCs.

*Note that the Dominator and Conqueror sets suit different playstyles. Make sure to check which one suits yours.

If you want to run dungeons, your first stop is going to be Gunbad. You can run that with Annihilator/Mercenary/Ruin gear, the basic pre-40 gear sets:
- Redeye set dropped in Gunbad.
- Jewelry dropped in Gunbad and jewelry gained from ToK unlocks (check this topic for info on those unlocks viewtopic.php?t=13566)
- Weapon dropped from Gunbad.

Once you start to swap out some of your pre-40 gear, you can also start running Bilerot Burrow and the Bloodwrought Enclave (BB/BE). This dungeon rewards the second tier of PvE sets: Sentinel. While you cannot wear this until you complete the Redeye set (minus the cloak), you can already obtain it. BB/BE is generally thought to be slightly more difficult than Gunbad.

The Beastlord set tends to be a very decent set to mix into any of the aforementioned setups, though it is not a 'must'. Here is information on how to do the Beastlord quests: https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... stlord_Set

Also keep in mind Beastlord tends to be geared towards the classes' alternative specs, so it's best to check beforehand to see if it suits your playstyle.

When you complete one of these setups you'll have a very decent basis to play from. The next goals will probably be the Vanquisher set from RvR, the Oppressor set from SCs or the Sentinel set from BB/BE, which are basically better versions of Conqueror, Dominator and Redeye.

Lastly, I would recommend taking things easy and not pressure yourself to rush to the gear. Take some time to learn your class and explore the content the game has to offer. It's worth it!

- Caduceus
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

PlagueMonk

Post#4 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:03 pm

Thanks for both your replies! Both were similar but different and very informative.

@ Manatikik - Ah yes pardon my use of the term "endgame". I know that going from RR40-80 is not something to be done in a short period of time. How about if I use the term 'late game' as you are correct and the real endgame isn't close just yet.

I also have been doing everything on all toons; from PVE, PQs to ORvR, Forts, SCs, etc. and have a decent collection of all sorts of currency on all four toons. (Although what to do with much of it IDK just yet but your guidance has given be a start)

As for picking a class.....well I thought that's what I was going to do like 10 levels ago but since i need all 4 to cover all craft, I have had to learn how to play all of them and each has their own likes/dislikes. I thought I would reach lvl 40 on all and then go forward with one, that way the others can still be used for max craft. (probably not my SW though as my first)

@Caduceus - I enjoy doing it all so I will have to investigate each of the sets and do whatever it takes to get that, even if it requires dungeon crawling for months :D

I wondered where that Genesis stuff i had seen comes from, I assume you only get it in bags after hitting 40?

The provided links were also great because I wasn't even aware of the ToK sets!? Something else I have to do now.

I have a lot of research to do this weekend apparently :)

So to accomplish all of this can it be done solo or do you all recommend searching for a guild? I have seen the PvE Discord thread but have yet to check it out if that is still a good place to LFG. Whatever I need to do to get the job done.

Thanks again for the help

MoltenCoreMoshpit

Post#5 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:30 pm

don't be afraid to just jump into the fray in rvr, you don't need gear when you are one of many