Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Tracker One Week In

Let's talk about... everything else
zij83

Re: Fort Tracker One Week In

Post#91 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:06 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:58 pm Just want to say that aside from all the faction sniping whoever is maintaining this is doing good work. Amazing how the discussion can actually progress with sufficient data.
Thank you! I'm working on automating it, but right now it's all manual work. I have a small crew that is helping me keep up with data whenever I am not on, but I'm usually on or keeping SOR online up at all times to watch the campaign.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#92 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:01 am

Hardkoar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:58 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:29 pm Pretty much every fort is full. IDK where the "its not worth it" mentality comes from.

Clearly everyone thinks it is worth it. IF there is adequate population online, forts are full. I don't think we're anywhere near the point where ppl actively avoid them.
Lmao, you only play order, ofc forts are full! you are entirely missing the point. Seriously wtf dude. Today alone destro on both forts had plenty of empty spots and ppl afking right outside jail not even bothering to try. And for what? 1 vanq medalion? lol ok.
I play both sides. Additionally, I have yet to walk into or be in an empty lords room. This must be something localized to whatever time slot you play during. Empty forts are not a primetime issue. Hell even T2 gets 400+ players when the zones are open.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#93 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:15 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:01 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:29 pm Pretty much every fort is full. IDK where the "its not worth it" mentality comes from.

Clearly everyone thinks it is worth it. IF there is adequate population online, forts are full. I don't think we're anywhere near the point where ppl actively avoid them.
Lmao, you only play order, ofc forts are full! you are entirely missing the point. Seriously wtf dude. Today alone destro on both forts had plenty of empty spots and ppl afking right outside jail not even bothering to try. And for what? 1 vanq medalion? lol ok.
I play both sides. Additionally, I have yet to walk into or be in an empty lords room. This must be something localized to whatever time slot you play during. Empty forts are not a primetime issue. Hell even T2 gets 400+ players when the zones are open.
I play Eu time, not only 2h during primetime, the game is very active throughout most of the day. You'd know what people are talking about if you were actually present. Because you are not, you can't form an educated opinion.
''This one time at the chippawa camp during prime time'' is not enough experience to be relevant.

Onigokko0101

Post#94 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:51 am

zij83 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:46 pm
nuadarstark wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:30 am Well, cause that way you're never gonna get to that sweet 5 star Dorf...

But in all seriousness, I get the rut, I do. I was in it 6 months ago when Order was getting zerged everywhere and we were having 2-15 loses in every city siege. For months. Was that fun? No. Were we told to "git gut" and get more organised? We did. Do I have this perverse feeling of comeuppance in the back of my mind. I can't lie here, I kinda do.

I've done few fort defenses on Destro recently with my old Chosen and no one is even trying unless you have FMJ or VII in the house. No organisation, no coordination, random 6-man groups everywhere, people in speccs not wanted in that type of content, entire warbands **** off and leaving after first push cause "they don't want to drop royal shards to Order". I also did one of the famed destro double fort pushes and people started leaving the first pushed fort before we even got to stage 3, moving to second and promptly losing it. Chat that day was throwing the blame on that entire thing on 1 known engi in the fort that was apparently so leet he was killing all 160 people all the time...

Destro was having issues taking forts vs determined defenders before, but even if there is a nerf to rdps AoE damage (which would have enormous impact everywhere, not only in sieges - on oRvR destro generally doesn't perform as horrid, cities are completely balanced now), it's not gonna solve the organisation problems, which is the issue Destro has right now when it comes to your general non-guild event oRvR.
Oh boy the problems with this post. First of all FMJ and VII barely contribute anymore and aren't the only reason destro wins forts when they do, but good job knowing the name of two destro guilds. The rest of this is just towing the line with the "destro needs to get good and organize" BS that every other person trying to deny that there is a serious balance problems with forts is spouting. In any kind of balanced situation the win rate would be closer to 50/50 regardless of other factors. As I type this up we are about to lose another Maw that we don't even have a chance to defend because for 10th time (I counted) this week we have less than max defender numbers on or going to fort.
VII contributes on raid nights, aside from that its hard to field a full WB.

That said, its less about singular guilds and more about the alliance, as generally when Destro is winning our alliance is fielding atleast one WB
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Mnemon

Post#95 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:52 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:15 am

I play Eu time, not only 2h during primetime, the game is very active throughout most of the day. You'd know what people are talking about if you were actually present. Because you are not, you can't form an educated opinion.
''This one time at the chippawa camp during prime time'' is not enough experience to be relevant.
This banter is why its great somebody is tracking hard data. Because everybody's views are going to be tainted by their own experiences.
Swordmaster | BeneTleilax
Former Guild Master | Knights of Darkness | Badlands Live Server

CountTalabecland

Post#96 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:15 pm

Spoiler:
Hardkoar wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:15 am

What are you on about? We are both playing at the same time apparently. How are we having completely opposite experiences? Primetime, EU time, NA time, you name it, ppl flock to forts.

Why are you saying I am not present? Just to troll or what?

So your anecdotal experience is enough to be relevant? Funny how that works. No need to be so hostile bro
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#97 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Yesterday's city siege the chat was filled with:
''Don't go to the city, let them queue till the timer ends''

In both forts that happened yesterday early noon and around 7-8pm CET destro had plenty of vacant slots not even being filled. People entering and afking in corners throwing forts while tabbed out. Xreamlming appears to be the only solution because on destro u'll be getting 1 Vanq medallion, are we serious? Going to forts is just not worth anybodies time on Destro.
Destro is literally not giving 2 fks bout forts/cities anymore.
They were just trolling Order for pushing a 1 star city siege.

Next fort/city i'll SS some chat so u get to see how it feel to be on destro side during these events.

RuhRoh

Post#98 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:23 pm

The drop of rewards from 4 to 3 then again to 2 hits hard for loser when it expected the other side will win.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#99 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:04 pm

RuhRoh wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:23 pm The drop of rewards from 4 to 3 then again to 2 hits hard for loser when it expected the other side will win.
The problem is that usually you get 0 for low contribution...

JarlBerzirk

Post#100 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:30 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:03 pm
JarlBerzirk wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:52 pm I think one of the biggest issues is the contribution system desperately needs reworked. If you're in a fort and you're participating, fighting, killing, taking bo's defending you should get medallions no questions asked. Im up to 7 forts in a row where "my contribution was too low for rewards" and that is no joke. I can't make this s up. And when you do 7 forts in a row for literally nothing but getting farmed by orders zerg, then you start to think to yourself, "these forts are not worth me wasting my time on. Its impossible for me to get to a flag to get enough contrib anyway, and even if i do its still not garunteed enough to actually get rewards." The problem is this mindset is shared by a lot of destro players, and that number is growing rapidly everyday. Id be more inclined to actually go to a fort if i was garunteed something at all for going and participating...even if i did lose.
That is strange, but probably something that pops up quite often, I know of few order players too that haven't got any rewards. I think that is the part of forts that needs to be adjusted the most. And while we're at it, can we also fix the contribution in cities too? Cause that is even more of a random tossup than in forts.
Couldn't agree more with this statement. It sucks a lot and makes me just not want to do forts anymore. I can't be alone in this mindset. And this is coming from someone who even though we're the underdogs atm i still want to play and fight no matter what.