Recent Topics

Ads

Are Shamans worthless?

Let's talk about... everything else
Hardstylezz

Are Shamans worthless?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:13 am

Heyo there!

I've just recently found out about the return of warhammer and im excited to try it out ofc as i loved the game back in the days.

As im watching reviews and people talking about this game i have found that people say shaman is a worthless character. That if you wre to avoid any classes shaman is the worst or probably top 3 worst class in the game atm. Can anyone confirm this or has it been rebalanced so that its worth playing? I used to play shaman and would love to have the nostalgia of it again, but if its that bad then its not rly good to chose him right?

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Are Shamans worthless?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:16 am

Whoever is saying shaman is worthless is trolling or very bad player. I played shaman live and and here and it's still awesome fun both healing and dmg.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ysaran

Post#3 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:05 am

Shaman is really fun and it can also be really strong in both heal and damage setup. It's hard to master though.
Zputadenti

Goermsi

Post#4 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:41 am

As a healer you will only get better results in certain combinations and circumstances. Fact.
As a DamageDealer, you'll never be better than AOE classes, your damage runs over time, and clever healers peel your DOTS instead of counter-healing. Fact.

But your chances of surviving through good positional play are very high thanks to several "detaunts" and a "race tactic". But that doesn't help your group much in the end and therefore groups avoid you ;-)

But hey, shamans have style. So color your shoes red and join the WAAAAGH! :mrgreen:
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Sulorie

Post#5 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:45 am

Hardstylezz wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:13 am

As im watching reviews and people talking about this game i have found that people say shaman is a worthless character. That if you wre to avoid any classes shaman is the worst or probably top 3 worst class in the game atm.
Don't listen to "people".

And welcome! :^)
Dying is no option.

Foltestik

Post#6 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:48 am

you need to be realy good player to be average healer with shaman

if you are average player you will be crap healer and with zealot/dok you will be easy average or above it :)

Hardstylezz

Post#7 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 am

Alright that kind of gives me a relief to hear that its not as trash as it was said to be. I played it on old warhammre as i said and i loved it. And if its a hard class that could explain why people think its bad. I love to play the hardest things as they are the strongest and i find it very easy to play them and therfor unlucking the full potential (like batchat-25 on world of tanks).
Now im defo looking forward to getting into shaman again :D

Thanks guys!! <3

While im at it tho. Could anyone be so kind as to give me a brief update on how the game has progressed and changed since the return? What are different now, what are better now and what NEW things are there now?

Also the playersbase and online players is that still going strong so it wont feel like a dead game?

Thanks again guys!

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:41 am

If you like solo play and killing stuff go dps. Damage shamans are easily the best roaming class for RvR.

Ads
carlos

Post#9 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:00 pm

For a kiting group, a shammy is pretty much mandatory (best together with a zealot).
Starfkr

sogeou

Post#10 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:22 pm

Hardstylezz wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:13 am Heyo there!

I've just recently found out about the return of warhammer and im excited to try it out ofc as i loved the game back in the days.

As im watching reviews and people talking about this game i have found that people say shaman is a worthless character. That if you wre to avoid any classes shaman is the worst or probably top 3 worst class in the game atm. Can anyone confirm this or has it been rebalanced so that its worth playing? I used to play shaman and would love to have the nostalgia of it again, but if its that bad then its not rly good to chose him right?
DPS shaman is the only way to play. Go full dps and enjoy.