Recent Topics

Ads

Call to the development team

Let's talk about... everything else
Seravajan

Re: Call to the development team

Post#71 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:29 pm

Twick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:39 pm Then you have to give Order a viable melee
Order has Slayer, WH and WL which are quite decent.

Ads
Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#72 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:31 pm

Twick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:39 pm
Seravajan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:23 am Order has three viable rDPS, while Destru seems to have only one somewhat viable rDPS (Magus). Another of these rDPS (SH) performs better in melee and the third rDPS (Sorc) is lacking in utility and defensives.
Then you have to give Order a viable melee

Are we playing the same game lol?
Slayer is literally the best mdps class in the entire game.

Rekoom

Post#73 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:09 am

I'd LOVE for order mDPS to play less Slayers lol. That's an indirect buff to Destro.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

hammerhead

Post#74 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:42 am

It's a pity I didn't see this topic before, I would then show the city score where the "useless" Magus did 4.7 million damage and he could not be killed by the focus before the champions' time expired. In contrast, his mirror explodes like a balloon when it encounters a cactus.
(\|)o0(|/)

catholicism198

Post#75 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:01 am

hammerhead wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:42 am It's a pity I didn't see this topic before, I would then show the city score where the "useless" Magus did 4.7 million damage and he could not be killed by the focus before the champions' time expired. In contrast, his mirror explodes like a balloon when it encounters a cactus.
Cities are rarely balanced.
Gear+rr > class/"skill"
Equally geared+rr Sorc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magus, and yes, magus is better than an engineer for "end game."

Bignusty

Post#76 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:58 am

dalen wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:45 am
Wushi wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:32 pm The recent changes (~nerfs) to different solo specs/classes seem more and more as if the dev team is trying to force people to play certain roles, instead of allowing for diversity and fluidity in builds. I'm a bit worried an unintended side-effect of these changes is taking the fun and longevity out of the game.

I understand you guys want to focus on group play, but a group consists of different players, who more often than not also want to be able to be useful outside of this group play. There is also a solid base of solo/duo/roaming players that love tweaking builds, trying out different specs. Why invest hours and hours in a class that you love because of its roaming abilities, when it can get nerfed at any time and forced into a certain playstyle? I'm afraid it's not guiding players into certain roles, it's pushing them away to different games.

Frankly, and I'm saying this out of a love for the game, I feel like you guys have been taking the 'easy route' a bit lately by just taking away certain specs/tactics that make classes able to participate in smaller settings, and more often than not are the things making the classes fun. Why instead not look at the aspects that make certain classes less attractive and fix those, maybe incorporate some fun elements in those, instead of taking away the fun aspects from classes people are playing succesfully?

Another (smaller) aspect is, in my opinion, the obsessive focus with faction balance. For example in this last patch, taking away the damage on squig leap feels a little weak. Just because Pounce was overperforming for White Lions' single target damage, doesn't mean squigs were overperforming in this department. Yet they get hit with the ban hammer just the same, because 'Faction balance'.

If you really want to look at faction balance, look at the whole faction. Why is order overperforming in forts for example? Well the ranged classes are attractive and fun, people love playing Bright Wizards and Engineers...etc etc...

All in all, this is a call not to lose focus on what brings people to play the game, and what makes warhammer a fun MMO. I understand it's important to have a certain aspect of the game (Warband play) as a focal point, but please don't blatantly nerf and ignore the many other aspects. I feel like it will inevitably drive people away to more diverse games.
Nerfing some tactics or abilities that are completely overpowered in solo play is not about forcing everyone to play in a group or removing the option to play solo.

By making the game both more balanced in 1v1 as well as in group play, It is actually making it possible to play solo on more classes.

If making it more balanced is taking away the fun for you, sorry about that.
So rampage for slayer isnt an overpowered abilitie for solo/group/wb play ? That why you dont touching it ? Ok .

Seravajan

Post#77 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:25 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:01 am
hammerhead wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:42 am It's a pity I didn't see this topic before, I would then show the city score where the "useless" Magus did 4.7 million damage and he could not be killed by the focus before the champions' time expired. In contrast, his mirror explodes like a balloon when it encounters a cactus.
Gear+rr > class/"skill"
Equally geared+rr Sorc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magus, and yes, magus is better than an engineer for "end game."
Are you sure that a sorc is better than a magus? The sorc is a very subpar version of the BW and is near completely lacking in self defense. And BW has more utility than a sorc. The best utility is to KD an enemy for 3 secs. Most time this is enough time to finish that enemy off. Sorc suffers from redundant spells in their specs.

Rekoom

Post#78 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:20 pm

Seravajan level your Sorc and gear him up. Sorc is an excellent class. Yes it is lacking vs. BW aoe but the single target burst potential is higher. If you can't use it properly the issue is on your end/your playstyle (group up, get support etc.).
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Ads
catholicism198

Post#79 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:55 pm

Seravajan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:25 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:01 am
Gear+rr > class/"skill"
Are you sure that a sorc is better than a magus? The sorc is a very subpar version of the BW and is near completely lacking in self defense. And BW has more utility than a sorc. The best utility is to KD an enemy for 3 secs. Most time this is enough time to finish that enemy off. Sorc suffers from redundant spells in their specs.
He's talking about end-game/cities.
Sorcs/BWs can hit 100 mechanic and blow things up without a care in the world far more effectively than a Magus with equal support. i.e. premades.

If you're talking about "solo roaming" "picking on weakling" "scenarios" etc. then a Magus would excel because they can spec defensively with out having to worry about going boom every other skill.

Seravajan

Post#80 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Rekoom wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:20 pm Seravajan level your Sorc and gear him up. Sorc is an excellent class. Yes it is lacking vs. BW aoe but the single target burst potential is higher. If you can't use it properly the issue is on your end/your playstyle (group up, get support etc.).
He is not only lacking in the AOE area but in self defenses too. PBAOE detaunt? None. Single target KD? None. Self Cleanse? None.
Tested the AOE build but this was suboptimal. Only the ST looks viable because several insta casts and mobility.