Recent Topics

Ads

Call to the development team

Let's talk about... everything else
Wushi

Call to the development team

Post#1 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:32 pm

The recent changes (~nerfs) to different solo specs/classes seem more and more as if the dev team is trying to force people to play certain roles, instead of allowing for diversity and fluidity in builds. I'm a bit worried an unintended side-effect of these changes is taking the fun and longevity out of the game.

I understand you guys want to focus on group play, but a group consists of different players, who more often than not also want to be able to be useful outside of this group play. There is also a solid base of solo/duo/roaming players that love tweaking builds, trying out different specs. Why invest hours and hours in a class that you love because of its roaming abilities, when it can get nerfed at any time and forced into a certain playstyle? I'm afraid it's not guiding players into certain roles, it's pushing them away to different games.

Frankly, and I'm saying this out of a love for the game, I feel like you guys have been taking the 'easy route' a bit lately by just taking away certain specs/tactics that make classes able to participate in smaller settings, and more often than not are the things making the classes fun. Why instead not look at the aspects that make certain classes less attractive and fix those, maybe incorporate some fun elements in those, instead of taking away the fun aspects from classes people are playing succesfully?

Another (smaller) aspect is, in my opinion, the obsessive focus with faction balance. For example in this last patch, taking away the damage on squig leap feels a little weak. Just because Pounce was overperforming for White Lions' single target damage, doesn't mean squigs were overperforming in this department. Yet they get hit with the ban hammer just the same, because 'Faction balance'.

If you really want to look at faction balance, look at the whole faction. Why is order overperforming in forts for example? Well the ranged classes are attractive and fun, people love playing Bright Wizards and Engineers...etc etc...

All in all, this is a call not to lose focus on what brings people to play the game, and what makes warhammer a fun MMO. I understand it's important to have a certain aspect of the game (Warband play) as a focal point, but please don't blatantly nerf and ignore the many other aspects. I feel like it will inevitably drive people away to more diverse games.

Ads
Alucard2010

Re: Call to the development team

Post#2 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:47 pm

Very well said. +1

andy

Post#3 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:06 pm

+1

Zadorck

Post#4 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:53 pm

+1

Kenshiken

Post#5 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:35 pm

Slowing up the progression when you have a hefty of time before while people taking advantage of it - are pretty great thing to know as a new player too.

TwistedSister77

Post#6 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:58 pm

I really don't see any specifics in the OP's post that is useful to the dev team.

Very polite gripe post. ;)

Of course the Devs balance the game around group play. Almost every class/spec has abilities impacted by this (not just solo ones).

FYI - just my opinion, if you're going to make a thread to call out the dev team to respond... better add a lot of detail.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:22 pm

TwistedSister77 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:58 pm I really don't see any specifics in the OP's post that is useful to the dev team.

Very polite gripe post. ;)

Of course the Devs balance the game around group play. Almost every class/spec has abilities impacted by this (not just solo ones).

FYI - just my opinion, if you're going to make a thread to call out the dev team to respond... better add a lot of detail.
I think he explained the issue.

TL;DR: Don't force people to play meta spec and nothing else, diversity is more interesting and fun, more options = Always better.
No need for specifics as they are common knowledge, especially for those that address balance.

Kylashandra

Post#8 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:25 pm

+1

We are slowly losing options in this game. WAR was Rvr centered but never forced you into it. There was content for everyone to enjoy, those who prefered small scale pvp could roam / have fun in SC / duel. There are several changes on RoR that is seemingly trying to force everyone into ONE single type of gameplay : mindless mass RvR.

- The signature class strengths are slowly being removed so that no single class can shine on its own in small scale (SM absorb spec, KOTBS runefang,...) outside of the classical roaming classes (sham / AM / SH / WE/ WH).
- The removal of buff stacking which allowed 6vXX and allowed small organized teams to shine, without having to rely on an overpowered set (say : sov which is way outscaling anything else in game).
- The addition of AoEs hiting 24 targets instead of the initial 9 brings a way too easy mean to win by stacking the same classes ad nauseam and favors the zerg.
- The changes brought into SCs, which are currently focusing on dumbing them down : the good size for SCs was and still is 12v12. 18 + SCs just feel like RvR and forces large scale PvP into SCs. Previously we only had Battle for Praag which felt that way, but it's getting more and more the case with alot of SCs.
I personnaly like SCs because we can have small scale PvP where individual skill and class knowledge can make a significant impact. The most recent changes to objectives in some Scs force combat on a single objective ( thunder moutain, black cairn, reikland hills), which usually leads to a melee ball chain farming on spot instead of having to split to hold objectives. It probably brings some confort to people used to blobing and waving arms mindlessly but it's definately not a satisfying way to enjoy SCs.

Ads
lyncher12

Post#9 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:45 pm

mighty soul is a noob trap and if its re-added we should be able to inspect peoples tactics to shame anyone taking it that is trying to sneak into a group/warband/ranked.

Josewales

Post#10 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:12 pm

As a WL, I don’t know if it’s really a nerf. Instead of initial dps from pounce, it’s distributed in the middle of rotations instead. I am noticing more critical damage from pet via enemy addon. And also intentionally roamed solo to bait a WE to see. I noticed they melt quicker once I dust off from a KD. Also chaining targets in zerg brawls, the new dps trade off is more suited for. Better sustainability imo. Anyways my 2 cents.