RSH Underperforming

Let's talk about... everything else
Darks63

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#71 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 am

franzjaeger wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:20 pm
Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:28 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Expert skirmisher tactic has been reworked a while back and now it only triggers when you are within 20ft from your target. That range bugs out a lot due to latency issues and on point blank range lag makes it work 2 times out of 10 (not only on rSH but any class with ES), often elongating cast times instead of reducing them. I've bug reported it and guess what, working as intended according to devs.

So yeah, shoot thru ya spam still works but ES+spam is unreliable to say the least.
Did i say its perfect ? Its only viable option for rSH right now, i didnt said its super duper amazing...

How is it viable if the tactic is broken to the point where it makes the spammed skill bug out or at best have the same cast time in practice? Then you're better off spamming Shoot Thru Ya with another tactic slotted instead that actually does something useful.

Shoot Thru Ya as a skill is also bugged or at least very unreliable. It doesn't hit all targets it should hit, sometimes it doesn't hit at all for example if there's even the tiniest difference in terrain height between you and your target. Moving seems to mess up the LOS as well sometimes, it doesn't seem to have the range of the tooltip either (is it even affected by Shootin Wif da Wind? seems like range is even less than 65ft much less 97ft) so you literally have to stand still at ~40ft range, even terrain, and pray that it hits more than two or three enemies in the blob you're firing into.
No range boosters can affect its range not tactics or gear. The SW version and engie Blunderbuss blast are similarly not boosted.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
franzjaeger

Post#72 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:05 am

Darks63 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 am
Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:28 pm

Did i say its perfect ? Its only viable option for rSH right now, i didnt said its super duper amazing...

How is it viable if the tactic is broken to the point where it makes the spammed skill bug out or at best have the same cast time in practice? Then you're better off spamming Shoot Thru Ya with another tactic slotted instead that actually does something useful.

Shoot Thru Ya as a skill is also bugged or at least very unreliable. It doesn't hit all targets it should hit, sometimes it doesn't hit at all for example if there's even the tiniest difference in terrain height between you and your target. Moving seems to mess up the LOS as well sometimes, it doesn't seem to have the range of the tooltip either (is it even affected by Shootin Wif da Wind? seems like range is even less than 65ft much less 97ft) so you literally have to stand still at ~40ft range, even terrain, and pray that it hits more than two or three enemies in the blob you're firing into.
No range boosters can affect its range not tactics or gear. The SW version and engie Blunderbuss blast are similarly not boosted.

Figured as much. It should be made more clear in game that it is not affected. But even so, in practice it feels as if the range is even less than the tooltip range of 65 ft. After about 30-40 ft I rarely seem to hit anything even when there's a fair share of possible targets. I have similar issues with M4 Arrer O' Mork which half the time misses everything even when the enemies are almost in melee range and when it does hit it's not hitting all the enemies it should.

Zadorck

Post#73 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:33 pm

ceramicartist wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:10 pm
Neverever wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:21 pm People speak as if RSW got buffed only in terms of AOE and for WB build but that is not true.
No. Absolutely no one said that. AoE is the topic we are talking about. You are pulling that assumption out of your butt.

Both aoe and single target got buffed (Skirmish aoe/skirmish ST).

I'll leave the other two stances alone.
Nope, the topic is Rsh
Msh got decent aoe dmg
But when it comes to ST, Rsh clearly does not reach sw burst sadly

ceramicartist

Post#74 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:20 am

Zadorck wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:33 pm
Nope, the topic is Rsh
Msh got decent aoe dmg
[/quote]

The convo I was having with a few others was not rSH. We were talking about a snipit of posts within this thread.

Xergon

Post#75 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:27 am

Neverever wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:21 pm People speak as if RSW got buffed only in terms of AOE and for WB build but that is not true.
No. Absolutely no one said that. AoE is the topic we are talking about. You are pulling that assumption out of your butt.

Nope, the topic is Rsh
Msh got decent aoe dmg
It clearly does, u all just ignoring fact that Squig has access to Pet which not like WL Pet, can have Range Mobile Pet, which is basically free dmg that does not cost u any AP. Specially after last patch, which gave boost to Pet stats.

Ofc i expect now ppl gonna cry: *but keeping pet alive is hard* *pet is buggy* *cant control pet* bla bla bla, bullshit, l2p, there are many rSH who use their Pets in godmode (Jurki/Teefz).

U expect to play rSH same as SW, dont, its not mirror, there are no mirrors, similar abilities or tactics or morales doesnt mean anything, there are big difference between classes, and ppl who understand it, know how to use it.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Darks63

Post#76 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:50 am

franzjaeger wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:05 am
Darks63 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 am

Figured as much. It should be made more clear in game that it is not affected. But even so, in practice it feels as if the range is even less than the tooltip range of 65 ft. After about 30-40 ft I rarely seem to hit anything even when there's a fair share of possible targets. I have similar issues with M4 Arrer O' Mork which half the time misses everything even when the enemies are almost in melee range and when it does hit it's not hitting all the enemies it should.
Yeah it doesnt help that the animations for LA/StY animations travel out further than they actually do.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

adapter
Suspended

Post#77 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:01 am

So many Order scared of a rSH buff
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Zadorck

Post#78 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:24 am

Xergon wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:27 am

Nope, the topic is Rsh
Msh got decent aoe dmg
It clearly does, u all just ignoring fact that Squig has access to Pet which not like WL Pet, can have Range Mobile Pet, which is basically free dmg that does not cost u any AP. Specially after last patch, which gave boost to Pet stats.

Ofc i expect now ppl gonna cry: *but keeping pet alive is hard* *pet is buggy* *cant control pet* bla bla bla, bullshit, l2p, there are many rSH who use their Pets in godmode (Jurki/Teefz).

U expect to play rSH same as SW, dont, its not mirror, there are no mirrors, similar abilities or tactics or morales doesnt mean anything, there are big difference between classes, and ppl who understand it, know how to use it.
Do you even play sh ?
I means, pet is not the issue, anyway i do not have any when it comes to manage it.
With, or without, it still does not catch sw burst.
That pet buff you are all talking about is not huge, but it sadly seems it's the only argument most orders have for wanting that class still underperforming

Ads
Xarko

Post#79 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:19 am

adapter wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:01 am So many Order scared of a rSH buff
You should be too. As a young SW I wanted a SW buff as well.. ended up shelving it soon after.

jvlosky

Post#80 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:45 am

adapter wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:01 am So many Order scared of a rSH buff
Oh please, Destro cried on the forums when SW got the rework and then nerfed back to level. Go play SW and watch your bradhead arrow be cleansed by anyone with half a brain come on man.

I would trade my SW in a heartbeat for Mara on Order side.