Recent Topics

Ads

Why am I not invincible with 1200 toughness?

Let's talk about... everything else
Dondabon

Re: Why am I not invincible with 1200 toughness?

Post#21 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:28 am

dalen wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:57 am for a physical attack it is basically like this:

(<ability base damage> + <weapon DPS> * <weapon DPS multiplier> + (<offensive stat> - <toughness>) * 0.2 * <primary stat multiplier>) * <damage multiplier>

Then after that you get absorbs, crit, armor mitigation & guard damage splitting.

But as you can see the base damage will vary. And even if you have more toughness than the offensive stat of the attacker, how much of the base damage you remove will depend on how high the primary stat multiplier for the attack is.
Hi Daren,
Thanks for clarification, this is quite useful.

Can you please bring some light on the following:
What is <weapon DPS multiplier> ? How is it calculated?
What is <primary stat multiplier> ?
Where <damage multiplier> comes from?
It would be useful if you could give some examples on real abilities :)

In addition, can you please share this formula for magic dps?

Thanks a lot!
Zealot 84, Sorc 83, BG 83, WP 50+

Ads
Ysaran

Post#22 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:56 am

I see a lot of "armor/wounds is better" and "no, avoidence and anti-crit is better" and so on, but can you provide any proof? any math? or at least some context for your assertion.

From Dalen formula is clear that thougness has its own limits. In sc is basicly useless, since you wont be hit at all but from a couple of aoe (as a tank). Toughness doesn't mitigate guard damage (cuz it can only be avoided and it can't be mitigated) or damage that doesn't benefit from stat contribution, i.e. damage from tactic like Jagged Edge or Centuries Of Training will not be mitigated by Thoughness but only by armor/resists.
Toughness is only usefull to mitigate damage from zerg.
So depending from the context it can be useful or not.

P.S. do you really thought that was enough to get 1200 thoughness to be immortal? Do you really think is that easy to break this game :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Ysaran on Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zputadenti

Ysaran

Post#23 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:59 am

Dondabon wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:28 am
dalen wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:57 am for a physical attack it is basically like this:

(<ability base damage> + <weapon DPS> * <weapon DPS multiplier> + (<offensive stat> - <toughness>) * 0.2 * <primary stat multiplier>) * <damage multiplier>

Then after that you get absorbs, crit, armor mitigation & guard damage splitting.

But as you can see the base damage will vary. And even if you have more toughness than the offensive stat of the attacker, how much of the base damage you remove will depend on how high the primary stat multiplier for the attack is.
Hi Daren,
Thanks for clarification, this is quite useful.

Can you please bring some light on the following:
What is <weapon DPS multiplier> ? How is it calculated?
What is <primary stat multiplier> ?
Where <damage multiplier> comes from?
It would be useful if you could give some examples on real abilities :)

In addition, can you please share this formula for magic dps?

Thanks a lot!
weaps damage multyplier and primary stat multyplier depends on the ability you are using, they aren't fixed values. Damage multypliers are like Choppa's Rage (+50% damage-> 1.5 multyplier), Flanking (+15% damage->1.15 multyplier), SW's Vengeance (+25% damage->1.25 multyplier) and so on. Damage bonuses stacks additively, i.e. Rage+Flanking will give a damage bonuse of 1.65 (0.5+0.15), and not 1.725 (1.5*1.15).
Zputadenti

Vaul

Post#24 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:32 am

Here's a link to something no doubt outdated in part but still useful I posted on my old blog.

Meet Tanky...
http://blurringshock.blogspot.com/2016/ ... e.html?m=1
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Bignusty

Post#25 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:48 am

As long the meta will be based on drop moral and aoe train slayer rampage/ BW then wound is the stat to use for talisman . Toughness is good for small or solo roam if you r able to find some solo ...

Aezron

Post#26 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:26 pm

Vaul wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:32 am Here's a link to something no doubt outdated in part but still useful I posted on my old blog.

Meet Tanky...
http://blurringshock.blogspot.com/2016/ ... e.html?m=1
Wow, this is awesome!

I've found most "old" (Live) information of mechanics are gone from the internet, or very very basic, thanks for sharing this!

vanbuinen77

Post#27 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:24 pm

I have seen the best damage reduction with getting 1k toughness and -38% chance to be crit.

It depends on what class you are using.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#28 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:46 pm

Primary stat multiplier is a value set in each abilties at a different rate, which multiply te effect main stat will affect the base damage .

Weapondps modifier depend of the value on your weapon , if you are dw or using 1H weapon or 2H weapon , and the global cool down multiplier
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
kmark101

Post#29 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:19 pm

On the top of this, there seems to be a problem/bug with quick ticking dots in the game since the toughness changes.

If you check your combat log then usually you can see these numbers (for the sake of displaying the problem):
- AA swing 150 damage (250 mitigated)
- Heavy Blow swing 135 damage (240 mitigated)
- Heavy Blow's dot damage 5 damage (295 mitigated)

Something is wrong.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

grease

Post#30 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:39 pm

my dude said .go with armor.ROFLMAO as if everyone is able to spend 3000 gold on armor talismans..devs really need to do something about this insane prices hiest.