Recent Topics

Ads

Why am I not invincible with 1200 toughness?

Let's talk about... everything else
TreefAM

Re: Why am I not invincible with 1200 toughness?

Post#11 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:20 am

Toughness is a useless stat, don't be fooled by random talk. Barely any difference between being at 600 and 900 toughness unless you are just sitting all day in aoe and covered with dots in forts, but even then the difference is not really that much.
Go with armor and wounds, keep your toughness above 600 and you're golden, as a SNB bg you can easily buff up your avoidance stats to great numbers (even though the disrupt tactic is kinda useless unless, well like I said, you are standing in BW aoe in forts)

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#12 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 am

Well said TreefAM. My IB with just 750 toughness feels alright till I get relentlessly stupid and jump into a river with crocodiles.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Sofong

Post#13 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:21 pm

in short, is it worthy to stack toughness over typical armor/wnds for tank?

vanbuinen77

Post#14 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Toughness and crit reduction is better then armor and wounds.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Fey

Post#15 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:37 pm

I wonder about this as well. I have some tanks in the 50-60 range and I dont ever put armor talis on my snb tanks. Maybe I should.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

kmark101

Post#16 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:05 pm

Teefz is outdated. Toughness is the king stat since the changes(fixes?) a couple weeks ago.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

TreefAM

Post#17 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:41 pm

Armor/wounds, toughness is still useless unless you are a solo roamer.

Uchoo

Post#18 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:04 am

dalen wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:57 am for a physical attack it is basically like this:

(<ability base damage> + <weapon DPS> * <weapon DPS multiplier> + (<offensive stat> - <toughness>) * 0.2 * <primary stat multiplier>) * <damage multiplier>

Then after that you get absorbs, crit, armor mitigation & guard damage splitting.

But as you can see the base damage will vary. And even if you have more toughness than the offensive stat of the attacker, how much of the base damage you remove will depend on how high the primary stat multiplier for the attack is.
Exactly as Dalen says. 1200 Toughness will negate a lot of damage, but it's only the tip of the iceberg for damage.

I haven't done Toughness testing for awhile, but back when I tested (Against my borc/bloodlord WE/Magus/few others) I can ROUGHLY GENERALIZE that 200 Toughness will give you 10% damage reduction. If you look at Toughness from that PoV, there are a few rules you can establish. The most important being that the more Toughness you have, the more effective it is. 800 Toughness should be roughly giving you 40% damage reduction before your other mitigation. This can get quite good as a defensive layer if your other defensive layers are also very strong. Of course, this is general statement and it does not apply to all situations or all abilities.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Ads
Sofong

Post#19 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 am

TreefAM wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:41 pm Armor/wounds, toughness is still useless unless you are a solo roamer.
y is it good for solo roamer??

phononHYPE

Post#20 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:15 am

My orc understanding: If some dps hits you for X damage, their dps stat (Str/BS/Int) adds some bonus from base tooltip, and toughness is a direct counter for this. I.E. if I have 1050 STR and you have 1050 Toughness our bonuses equally cancel out. If I have 900 STR and you have 1050, you cancel more than my bonus, so I am at a loss to my damage but not to my base tooltip damage. I am not sure about any diminishing returns (unlike Initiative, which does), but as a full deftard tank (I have 2 tanks, both snb), there isn't much difference for me from 900 Toughness to 1050. I mean, there is [/]a difference, I've tested it a wee bit, but over all I just shoot for 900 and call it a day (knight and BG respectively). Put the rest of that into other stuffs.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative