KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Hardkoar
Suspended

Re: WH and WE (Discussion)

Post#42 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:54 pm

Seravajan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:12 am
Hardkoar wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:31 pm It changes nothing giving them a melee snare on 1v1 situation and even less in group play.
At least your enemy can not just run away from you or even kiting you around. Now imagine what happens if you get snared?
Tbh i've never had any issues getting kited on both we or wh, you have enough cc of your own to stay on top on everyone. If anything the only issue currently is getting insta gibbed from 1 kd from a SW dropping 8k hp withing the KD duration lol.
But not to stay on your target.

siglade

Post#43 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:54 pm
Seravajan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:12 am
Hardkoar wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:31 pm It changes nothing giving them a melee snare on 1v1 situation and even less in group play.
At least your enemy can not just run away from you or even kiting you around. Now imagine what happens if you get snared?
Tbh i've never had any issues getting kited on both we or wh, you have enough cc of your own to stay on top on everyone. If anything the only issue currently is getting insta gibbed from 1 kd from a SW dropping 8k hp withing the KD duration lol.
It's not all about kited (good luck without snare against mobility class, look at sh/sham :evil:), snare is a key when facing melee/tank to move in their back. If you don't want to fight a we/wh the option to run away with all class is not really hard. That is a personal issue if you get outplayed by a SW.
bachata, excommunicate abuser

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#44 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:42 pm

siglade wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:36 pm
Seravajan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:12 am At least your enemy can not just run away from you or even kiting you around. Now imagine what happens if you get snared?
It's not all about kited (good luck without snare against mobility class, look at sh/sham :evil:), snare is a key when facing melee/tank to move in their back. If you don't want to fight a we/wh the option to run away with all class is not really hard. That is a personal issue if you get outplayed by a SW.
Funny how I'm pointing out that the damage in both ranged and melee of the SW is borderline ridiculous now and you turn it into a passive aggressive ''L2p, git gud'' situation, but you getting kited by Archemages is totally fine and you need a melee snare lol.
Don't even get me started on trying to ''snare'' a tank to move in their back, you obviously have absolute 0 experience when it comes to any form of 1v1 situations and probably slot flanking.

Adelmar

Post#45 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:36 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:42 pm
siglade wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Funny how I'm pointing out that the damage in both ranged and melee of the SW is borderline ridiculous now and you turn it into a passive aggressive ''L2p, git gud'' situation, but you getting kited by Archemages is totally fine and you need a melee snare lol.
Don't even get me started on trying to ''snare'' a tank to move in their back, you obviously have absolute 0 experience when it comes to any form of 1v1 situations and probably slot flanking.
I mean, ASW does some insane burst but seems balanced against the MSH (formed from countless 1v1s against BiS MSHs) but ranged SW I definitely wouldn't say is borderline ridiculous unless you're getting RKD'd by a scout specced one and allow them to get their fester combo off. WE should have 0 issue with skirmish granted you actually get your opener on them, but what do I know?

On topic: I think both classes have taken direct and indirect nerfs throughout this server's timeline. Having weapon dps at a MUCH lower value from live for equal RR weapons definitely hurts us, as does the various healing buffs, armor values scaling without dps to keep up, as well as straight up ability value nerfs. We've gotten some nice QoL buffs as well as a longer stealth and an insta stealth/MS buff, now a bit more raw damage would help make the "assassin" archetype actually feel like one.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

siglade

Post#46 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:40 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:42 pm Funny how I'm pointing out that the damage in both ranged and melee of the SW is borderline ridiculous now and you turn it into a passive aggressive ''L2p, git gud'' situation, but you getting kited by Archemages is totally fine and you need a melee snare lol.
Read again what i said, it's not all about kited.. For the rest, i have atleast more experience than you so idk :D
bachata, excommunicate abuser

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#47 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:46 pm

siglade wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:40 pm
Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:42 pm Funny how I'm pointing out that the damage in both ranged and melee of the SW is borderline ridiculous now and you turn it into a passive aggressive ''L2p, git gud'' situation, but you getting kited by Archemages is totally fine and you need a melee snare lol.
Read again what i said, it's not all about kited.. For the rest, i have atleast more experience than you so idk :D
I know each and every WH/WE that roams solo or duo, you aint one of them. Tagging around the zerg out of the wb does not count as solo lol. You go have a nice day trying to snare them tanks to get on their back bud.

Back on topic, what both WH/WE need is more flat dmg if you want to keep them glass cannons but for sure what they truly need is a reason to be welcome in group play/wb/end game content.

Seravajan

Post#48 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:53 pm

I killed a WE in an SC solo just by smacking her with the melee snare and then using all useable attacks I can use while walking on her. And the turret is nice to support firing on her too.

Ads
Zxul

Post#49 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:07 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:46 pm what they truly need is a reason to be welcome in group play/wb/end game content.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41937

Testing it a time, but the more WEs/whs the merrier.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#50 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:15 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:07 pm
Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:46 pm what they truly need is a reason to be welcome in group play/wb/end game content.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41937

Testing it a time, but the more WEs/whs the merrier.
Altough it is a nice and welcome idea, not many players in ROR play for the PVE aspect of the game. Already too much gear is gated behind pve in a game that is 99% built around PVP. I believe there should be an option for PVE players to acquire some gear yes, but PVP gear should always be the BIS in my opinion.