Ads

This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Let's talk about... everything else
hammerhead

Re: This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Post#61 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:25 am

catholicism198 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:27 pm
hammerhead wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:26 pm
upd. And in addition, if you are really so bad, you can simply stand behind the wall and lich rr. Before you get into the organized party/wb, no one will demand the supernatural from you.
Isn’t that what melee dps already does?
Has anyone in this topic said that this is a group game? Nobody yet? It's strange.
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
Seravajan

Post#62 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:20 am

hammerhead wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:25 am
hammerhead wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:26 pm
upd. And in addition, if you are really so bad, you can simply stand behind the wall and lich rr. Before you get into the organized party/wb, no one will demand the supernatural from you.
Has anyone in this topic said that this is a group game? Nobody yet? It's strange.
Yeah but some classes are not wanted in WBs. Guilds are another issue. There are too many arounds with too few people online at same time.

I levelled my character primary with SCs and now being stuck with L29 gear because the L39 SC gear is not better.

phononHYPE

Post#63 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:53 am

Clue wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:48 pm im a order player. i play witchhunter. just as i did 10 years ago for about 1000h. so i know my class. that being said, the experience i had in here after i hit 40 was awful at best. you get matchmaked with rr70+ premades left and right. even tho there are enough players to match the playerbase in 40 - 50 50-60 60-70 groups. (im sure there are enough, the waitingtime for sc's is minimal. most times it pops up in seconds.)
this leads to such bad winrates / performances, that ive reached rr47 by getting stomped over and over, and havent even earned enough coins to buy a single piece of rr50 gear. (260 coins so far,... a single weapon is 400.) so after i hit 50, i get new coins at a even slower rate than between 40-50. so i have gained rank (at like 500 rp/szenario), but no chance to progress in stats at all.
thats not fun. unless youre a rr70+ that likes to have fresh meat to beat which has not even a chance to get new gear. even if they stick around.

im not sure how to find the right words for how broken this system is. its basically set up for a p2w system,.. without actually having a shop.

hope some dev reads this,... but i have a hard time believing they dont already know this. since it feels so deliberate. no way such a system can become reality in good faith.
I'm not reading the 7 pages, so sorry if this is covered already...

I've done almost all classes here in RoR (less SH, WH, SM), and almost everyone struggles hard before about 65. By then you should have 2-3 pcs Vanquisher and 3-4 of your Genesis - you start to feel like your doing your classes job. Healers are pretty good if you can position a bit earlier, and WL sucks b/c I was fine as a fresh rr43 when I hit level 40. I hate them.

So, my WH was similar, she was rr60 when I deleted her (not from poor play, but trying to cut back on alts). I had a good go and was getting to the point of knowing which targets/players I could take. This was before the extended stealth - man I wish I played for that. Might have kept her. ... Anyways, to sum up, we all have to kind of pay our dues. Another reason why a lot of people (me included) try to slow the last few levels with the 20s scrolls: Instructor's Boon. Lessens your xp gains for an hour. Point being, try not to get to cr40 w/o being rr47+, closer to 50 if you can. It's tough, but pretty necessary. My dok is 35/45, and I chuck those scrolls like they are 99s stacks of HP pots. GL, all I can say past this.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#64 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:54 am

Seravajan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:20 am
Spoiler:
Yeah but some classes are not wanted in WBs. Guilds are another issue. There are too many arounds with too few people online at same time.
I levelled my character primary with SCs and now being stuck with L29 gear because the L39 SC gear is not better.
Check the wiki => SC dominator set is high in touhgnes but low in strengh.

Probably works better a mix of => 2-3 pieces dominator + 2-3 pieces annihilator/conqueror + beastlord (cloak+ring+pocket at least) => also onslaught (chp 22 pq gear) is solid for a fresh WH. any of these options are better than running in L29 gear...also can slot higher level talisman wich will increase yor stats too.

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... imator_Set

hammerhead

Post#65 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:04 am

Seravajan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:20 am

Therefore, I neatly wrote that if it is already completely (everything) bad, then as an option. But you can go the opposite way. Imagine that we have simplified the game to such an extent that we give an invader at the entrance to t4. In a week, everyone who writes "that the game is not playable and everything needs to be changed" will leave tired of boredom. And this is not something that developers can somehow influence and fix. It is inside your skull and you yourself have to invent and find joy for yourself. There is no magic patch that can make everyone happy.

Well, maybe for WH/WE to diversify objective in the rvr, except for ganking tails. But then it is better to do it in the Suggestion sections and in detail and not create posts that "everything is bad".
(\|)o0(|/)

Dwarni

Post#66 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:57 am

I wouldn't give them invader at start, but the tier set before (was ist vanquisher?)

Also, make it buyable for Officer emblems/medallions (of course a lot more than the previous set for level 3x).

That would help a lot.

The question is what would cause more players to leave? Boredom because they get vanquisher a lot easier, or frustration because scenarios and RvR aren't really fun.

This game also needs some changes regarding to PVE, almost all zones are dead, I mean who will do pve if you don't get any renown and gimp your character at level 40?

Also requiring a full wb for best pq reward (ch22) is crazy in my opinion.

In retail, there were a lot more ppl enjoying PvE.

Another question is do you really need renown ranks before max level? Or is thinking about that too heretical? ;)

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#67 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:29 am

Dwarni wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:57 am I wouldn't give them invader at start, but the tier set before (was ist vanquisher?)

Also, make it buyable for Officer emblems/medallions (of course a lot more than the previous set for level 3x).

That would help a lot.

The question is what would cause more players to leave? Boredom because they get vanquisher a lot easier, or frustration because scenarios and RvR aren't really fun.

This game also needs some changes regarding to PVE, almost all zones are dead, I mean who will do pve if you don't get any renown and gimp your character at level 40?

Also requiring a full wb for best pq reward (ch22) is crazy in my opinion.

In retail, there were a lot more ppl enjoying PvE.

Another question is do you really need renown ranks before max level? Or is thinking about that too heretical? ;)
PVE:
-Have you done beastlord quest chain?
-Have you unlocked the wards of redeye/sentinel/bloodlord??
-about Chp22 => for sure you didnt join any run. the rewards worth enough to bring a full wb.

making vanquisher buyable with officer emblems are too much...making officer tradeable to conqueror at a x5 ratio (same as lower tiers) could be enough to make access to conqueror a bit easier. Anyways, there are a lot options to get gear whe you reach level 40.

hammerhead

Post#68 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:38 am

The point is that it doesn't matter for what reasons people leave. But what matters is what remains to those who remain.
Once again, one of the last of my characters that I decided to lvl up was a slayer that was 40 /<30 used only to farm. Ask anyone the slayer/choppa is most gear/group dependent class in entire game.
Today, two months after the beginning of autumn, my slayer has grown to 69 rr and has three invader pieces in my bag, and 173 invider medals. At the same time, I actively played as Runi because it was his time to go CS.
Two month! Is it even easier to make this game ??
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
Dwarni

Post#69 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:34 pm

If the two months were fun, then it wouldn't matter, but it is just grinding, getting farmed, not being able to contribute anything.

I mean for melee RvR is even worse...

And the reasons, why people leave the matter as song as the reasons, are fixable. It also doesn't really matter how you personally or I think about this issue but how the majority especially the new players think about it.

The server would benefit a lot by players actually staying and not just quitting after reaching 40 or after reaching the 2nd 40 because the fun they had during <40 SCs was suddenly gone...

Rekoom

Post#70 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:24 pm

hammerhead wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:38 am The point is that it doesn't matter for what reasons people leave. But what matters is what remains to those who remain.
Once again, one of the last of my characters that I decided to lvl up was a slayer that was 40 /<30 used only to farm. Ask anyone the slayer/choppa is most gear/group dependent class in entire game.
Today, two months after the beginning of autumn, my slayer has grown to 69 rr and has three invader pieces in my bag, and 173 invider medals. At the same time, I actively played as Runi because it was his time to go CS.
Two month! Is it even easier to make this game ??
Try doing the same on a Choppa lol
Rekoom - 80+ BO