Recent Topics

Ads

This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Let's talk about... everything else
abezverkhiy

Re: This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Post#41 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:07 am

It looks like the OP should be given a gold medal for trolling. Having said he played a lot on live and still wonder about gear sets, clueless about /advice and whinge about SCs... Come on he plays you for fools)))
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Jabba

Post#42 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:08 am

Sonnyblack04 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:12 am Maybe we need more Double Renown Weekends to Catch Up with the High RR Players?
RR is very rarely the problem, rr is easy to come by, gear is the thing that's slow to get.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Dwarni

Post#43 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:15 am

As I see by the reactions here the elitists don't want to change anything, it seems like they enjoy "farming" fresh players that's why there are no plans to change anything.

This game has probably the worst fresh max level experience of all MMORPGs I played so far. As I said before it is so much fun from level 2-39 and then the fun stops at level 40.

In other threads developers talk about using data to be part of their decision process, why not use data here?

- How many players reach level 40 but then stop playing the character?
- How many players prefer to play another new character instead of progressing their level 40?
- How many players just stop playing this game completely after leveling 2-3 chars to 40 and not bothering to grind out better gear?

Why not simply add 100% exp reduction scrolls and see how many players will prefer to stay in <40 range forever instead of joining the shitshow that fresh 40 player experience is.

In other games, you look forward to reaching max level but in this game, you have to delay it and you fear becoming max level because you know after dinging 40 you are just useless and free renown points.

Just a quote from https://grimnir.me/2013/09/19/warhammer ... itter-end/:
When I quit playing a couple years ago patch 1.4.1 had released (they’re up to 1.4.8 now). With it came all sorts of changes to the tier structure in order to justify the top tier gear and level escalation from previous patches. It was a breaking point for me because unless you were over renown rank 80, it screwed over your ability to play competitively in tier 4, while also blocking you from playing in tier 3. In a single patch I had a pile of viable t4 characters made insignificant and obsolete. My only recourse with them was to grind out being slaughtered, our reroll in the new meta that destroyed any semblance of using the PvE content to effectively gear up.
New Players have exactly the same problem you had with the new RR introduced in original Warhammer Online, they suddenly can't play competitively unless they stupidly grind gear only to be not killed in seconds. In a single ding, a viable character becomes completely insignificant and obsolete.

If nothing is done this game will lose more and more players because old players are getting burned out, want to play something else and new players will mostly stop after leveling the first character to 40 because it is just a terrible fresh max level experience. Maybe also try to reach the majority of players that of course never post here in the forums, but silently quit. Most in my guild agree with me that the experience is just bad at fresh 40.

But hey you develop it in your free time, it is your game, your decisions, I don't demand anything, I just tell you my opinion and what I'll personally do if this game stops being fun: Not play it anymore.

Seravajan

Post#44 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:32 pm

My first character, a level 37/RR 38 sorc is near to L40/RR40 and then there is a big wall in the way. I have already some issues gearing that guy up. The stuff for officer emblems (RR39) (Mercenary) seems not to be better than the RR 29 (Duelist) stuff.
Another issue is, that many players with their first characters freshly hitting L40 don't know what to do exactly. Some do more SC just to get stomped on the floor in less than a second.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#45 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:00 pm

Dwarni wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:15 am As I see by the reactions here the elitists don't want to change anything, it seems like they enjoy "farming" fresh players that's why there are no plans to change anything.

This game has probably the worst fresh max level experience of all MMORPGs I played so far. As I said before it is so much fun from level 2-39 and then the fun stops at level 40.

In other threads developers talk about using data to be part of their decision process, why not use data here?

- How many players prefer to play another new character instead of progressing their level 40?
- How many players just stop playing this game completely after leveling 2-3 chars to 40 and not bothering to grind out better gear?

Why not simply add 100% exp reduction scrolls and see how many players will prefer to stay in <40 range forever instead of joining the shitshow that fresh 40 player experience is.

In other games, you look forward to reaching max level but in this game, you have to delay it and you fear becoming max level because you know after dinging 40 you are just useless and free renown points.

When I quit playing a couple years ago patch 1.4.1 had released (they’re up to 1.4.8 now). With it came all sorts of changes to the tier structure in order to justify the top tier gear and level escalation from previous patches. It was a breaking point for me because unless you were over renown rank 80, it screwed over your ability to play competitively in tier 4, while also blocking you from playing in tier 3. In a single patch I had a pile of viable t4 characters made insignificant and obsolete. My only recourse with them was to grind out being slaughtered, our reroll in the new meta that destroyed any semblance of using the PvE content to effectively gear up.
New Players have exactly the same problem you had with the new RR introduced in original Warhammer Online, they suddenly can't play competitively unless they stupidly grind gear only to be not killed in seconds. In a single ding, a viable character becomes completely insignificant and obsolete.

If nothing is done this game will lose more and more players because old players are getting burned out, want to play something else and new players will mostly stop after leveling the first character to 40 because it is just a terrible fresh max level experience. Maybe also try to reach the majority of players that of course never post here in the forums, but silently quit. Most in my guild agree with me that the experience is just bad at fresh 40.

But hey you develop it in your free time, it is your game, your decisions, I don't demand anything, I just tell you my opinion and what I'll personally do if this game stops being fun: Not play it anymore.
Except we did take a great many steps to rebalance gear, introduce more options for gear near that critical R40 turnover, and refused to implement things like the hidden CR levels for RR80+ as well as not granting additional Mastery points or Renown points after RR80. Our top level gear is Sovereign, not Doomflayer/Warpforged. The last meaningful level for progression is RR80, not RR100. Stats on all gear has been squished by a good 30% over live values at the very top end, but for entry level T4 gear is relatively unchanged or buffed compared to live levels.

Why did all of this come to pass? Mostly because I either did it myself, or yelled at people until it was done. Because I'm the guy that wrote that blog post 7 years ago. The problem you're having is accepting there's going to be any kind of cutover to the next tier which I believe I mentioned earlier. What you're asking for with a 100% xp reduction potion is the same thing you're complaining about, wanting to sit at max rank for your bracket and farm everyone else because it makes your power fantasy feel good. I think that's far more telling about your complaint than trying to quote me out of context and 7 years late.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

CountTalabecland

Post#46 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:04 pm

If you use the reduced XP scrolls and surf in open wbs, it is incredibly easy to ding rank 40 around rr50, throw on full conq, most if not all of genesis, and subjagator weapons.

That loadout will make you competitive in any warband for ORvR. Sure you won't beat city warbands in full sov but, thats endgame.

IDK what all this "fresh 40" nonsense ppl are talking is about, atm, you are most vulnerable mid 30's when bolster is weaker and you are in anni gear or less. That's the hard part. Dinging 40 means your career level is no longer holding you from equipping things or using all your renown points.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Dwarni

Post#47 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:29 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:04 pm If you use the reduced XP scrolls and surf in open wbs, it is incredibly easy to ding rank 40 around rr50, throw on full conq, most if not all of genesis, and subjagator weapons.
Yep if you enjoy doing RvR, but as I said for me personally it is one of the most boring contents in this game. Grinding PQs is more fun than this gigantic zergfest. Back and Forth, back and forth ultra boring. The only good RvR content are forts, but oh wonder they are more like a scenario...

Do I get all that you mentioned from playing scenarios? And if you aren't RP/Zealot it is even worth, you only get dps set from doing SCs, but what if you like healing? Oh wait you have to do RvR just to be good in SCs at healing.

Maybe RvR would also be a lot more interesting if they made:

- t1 + t2 = level 1-39
- t3 + t4 = level 40

And no bolstering does almost nothing against someone with RR40. Bolstering is great in scenarios because a level 39 does not have such a gear advantage as a level 40 with high RR gear has...
IDK what all this "fresh 40" nonsense ppl are talking is about, atm, you are most vulnerable mid 30's when bolster is weaker and you are in anni gear or less. That's the hard part. Dinging 40 means your career level is no longer holding you from equipping things or using all your renown points.
In SC I am not most vulnerable in mid-30s, maybe in RvR because for some reason devs decided in RvR it is ok to throw level 16-40 in one pot... Dinging 40 means, oh **** this game isn't fun anymore.

The forum is so full of other "nonsense" like the 1000x slayer is op, chosen is op, wl is op, destro is op, order is op thread, maybe this thread can be tolerated by you too, I guess.

horuson

Post#48 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:42 pm

I started RoR one month ago, I didnt feel any problems with being fresh 40. I'm playing healer so it may help. I spammed RvR the whole way, hit 40 with rr 63, I kept my annih very long because I skipped conq (cause of my rr) and I was doing fine in wb, wasnt very helpful in fort tho

the only problem I found is the medals from bag, I would like to get medals related to my rr before hitting 40. but that also means staying under 40 very long isnt usefull as it was on live, should had rush 40 earlier.

for anyone used to retail, RoR experience is pretty smooth
I dont think it needs any big change

Ads
hammerhead

Post#49 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:26 pm

Dwarni wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:15 am
Spoiler:
As I see by the reactions here the elitists don't want to change anything, it seems like they enjoy "farming" fresh players that's why there are no plans to change anything.

I get the impression that you are trying to convince yourself. On my desktop I always have a couple of links to old projects where I have characters and a couple of new ones. I update them about once every six months and it lasts for about half an hour, and then I want to hang myself on the cord from my mouse. Most of them slowly but surely turn into a shop simulator, with daily quests for oligaphrens, or offer an endless slaughter of the same boss to knock out some enchant with a drop rate of 0.0000001
As an ordinary player, I completely and absolutely disagree with you. I was even tacitly opposed to making a drop of medals in rvr, but devteam went to meet the players. The only thing that I personally would like to fix is ​​to add a couple pug scenes, since I have a small guild and I often run around them myself. In all other respects, this game has a minimal barrier to entry, since the game at high lvl is isolated in 24v24 battles where it makes no sense to go to 75rr anyway.

beastlord, equip for influence, gundab, purple weapon at auction, onslaught, epic quest, tome unlock juverly. When I lvl my first character, I did an PQ for several days, for which a party was assembled to wear a ruin set, which is now being farmed for a game session in one person !!! What the hell are you talking about?

upd. And in addition, if you are really so bad, you can simply stand behind the wall and lich rr. Before you get into the organized party/wb, no one will demand the supernatural from you.
(\|)o0(|/)

zulnam

Post#50 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:36 pm

It is pretty daunting when you first reach to 40; especially after the 35-39 SC powertrips you get towards the end of Mid-Tier.

But Wargrimmir is right; the situation is not as bad as it was (or could be). The ones that suffer most from it are people who refuse to play their class's main spec (dps tanks and healers, really) and if they choose that; fine, but expect to meet great opposition.

Personally I think it's not bad enough to require overview at the moment. I have to say I never look forward to dinging 40 on a new toon, but that's because I know what's coming. I also know that in 3 weeks or so of RvR i will breach that gap significantly and in 2 months i'll be breathing on their necks.

If you're a constant player it's really not that hard to gear up fast.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG