Recent Topics

Ads

This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Let's talk about... everything else
Clue

This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Post#1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:48 pm

im a order player. i play witchhunter. just as i did 10 years ago for about 1000h. so i know my class. that being said, the experience i had in here after i hit 40 was awful at best. you get matchmaked with rr70+ premades left and right. even tho there are enough players to match the playerbase in 40 - 50 50-60 60-70 groups. (im sure there are enough, the waitingtime for sc's is minimal. most times it pops up in seconds.)
this leads to such bad winrates / performances, that ive reached rr47 by getting stomped over and over, and havent even earned enough coins to buy a single piece of rr50 gear. (260 coins so far,... a single weapon is 400.) so after i hit 50, i get new coins at a even slower rate than between 40-50. so i have gained rank (at like 500 rp/szenario), but no chance to progress in stats at all.
thats not fun. unless youre a rr70+ that likes to have fresh meat to beat which has not even a chance to get new gear. even if they stick around.

im not sure how to find the right words for how broken this system is. its basically set up for a p2w system,.. without actually having a shop.

hope some dev reads this,... but i have a hard time believing they dont already know this. since it feels so deliberate. no way such a system can become reality in good faith.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Post#2 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:03 pm

It is rough to level alone/without a geared grp around you. Based on what you said, I think thats going to be your roadblock. Your only other option is to hide in open warbands and float on the zerg zone locks.

As I am sure you are aware, WH is also the hardest class to level since if you are playing gank/stealth spec your chance to get renown boils down to getting good matchups you can win.

My advice is hunt for AAO, it will help get you through the lower levels fast. Also, due to how good subjagator is, you don't really NEED to farm the scen weapons, almost all DPS can make do with Subjagator.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Detangler

Post#3 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:08 pm

Don't do scenarios as a fresh 40. Get vanq gear and then work on upgrading your subjugator weapons. It'll feel much better.

Also just queue for the PUG scenario. No 6 man premades.

Problem solved.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Clue

Post#4 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:10 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:03 pm It is rough to level alone/without a geared grp around you. Based on what you said, I think thats going to be your roadblock. Your only other option is to hide in open warbands and float on the zerg zone locks.

As I am sure you are aware, WH is also the hardest class to level since if you are playing gank/stealth spec your chance to get renown boils down to getting good matchups you can win.

My advice is hunt for AAO, it will help get you through the lower levels fast. Also, due to how good subjagator is, you don't really NEED to farm the scen weapons, almost all DPS can make do with Subjagator.
im okay with progressing slower, as long its humanly possible to progress at all. its not even the slow renown gain thats problematic,.. its that i get almost no currency while getting little renown,.. so by the time i hit the next step in a snails pace, i cant even afford new gear. this makes it not just hard to progress, it makes it impossible. :(

Clue

Post#5 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:11 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:08 pm Don't do scenarios as a fresh 40. Get vanq gear and then work on upgrading your subjugator weapons. It'll feel much better.

Problem solved.
where can i get vanq gear?
and which one is the PUG szenario?

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:34 pm

Clue wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:11 pm
Spoiler:
Detangler wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:08 pm Don't do scenarios as a fresh 40. Get vanq gear and then work on upgrading your subjugator weapons. It'll feel much better.

Problem solved.
LMAO

you will not find much difference to match against a RR70+ premade or a RR50+ premade as a pug, you will be stomped anyways and will get slower sc pops. Look for PUG sc (typing .pug ingame) and queue only for that sc. Another option is form a grp to play scs, or roaming in the lakes ganking solo or duo with another WH (usefull when fresh 40)

diedrake

Post#7 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:01 pm

All of us go through the "fresh 40" rofl stomp. To relieve it slightly bring friends. I know my guild funnels medalions to our lowbies and fresh 40s. Had one lvl fresh 40 and at the end of the week he was mixed inv and the set b4 invader gear along with subj weapons.

Good luck in scs as a 40 solo at any rr and gear rank, because thats just a pain train.

The system is p2w as " play" to win. I do understand the frustration but the idea you have bracketing grps in a 10 rr ranks would cause less sc pops. Not only by the system taking longer for match ups but also less peeps qing if they have a friend(s) that they wish to q with but in different rr bracket. The low rr players would prob just run the lakes for the fast rr gains to play catch up.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:20 pm

The best part is claiming that "THIS GAME NEEDS SERIOUS CHANGES" and even have no clue how to get RvR sets or wtf is a pug SC...

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Problem solved.
Type ".pug" in your game chat. Vanquisher gear you get from orvr. You'll get those medals when you hit a certain minimum renown rank. 50 I think it is? Its been a bit...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Kaelang

Post#10 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:20 pm

Problem solved.
Your respective city, where you buy all of your gear.

You can type .pug to highlight the current pug scenario.

Both of these questions have been answered on here and also when you came to echo this thread on Discord. I appreciate you voicing immediate concerns as it sounds like you are particularly new to RoR however not so new to WAR (playing on live). However I would ask that you give the game a chance and look at how you can optimise the steps you are taking as a player prior to suggesting drastic changes need to occur.

For example, we wouldn't necessarily want someone who has never stepped foot into Gunbad to immediately tell us our fights aren't tuned correctly and should be reworked.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from with this statement and any hostility that may come from my comment here isn't taken personally, I'm British, we're straight forward with replies at times.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.