Let's talk about... everything else
vastou

2021 Roadmap further developments

Post#1 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:46 am

Hey mates, i love this game
Could we know the next "project" for the server

Like RR100 set (warforged etc)
New endgame set/weapon ?
Idk, just ideas to give people objectives after reaching rr 80 and new content to play with

I wish we have a vision of next cool surprises for 2021 :) Could you share some?

But please, stop killing classes as changing all the game mechanics like you did for chosen / knight. This spread fear and unmotive. No body want to have his class sad because of adding a new requierment or deleting a tactic from builds after hours and hours of farming.

Thanks for making this serv available for free and /ror to all

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: 2021 Roadmap further developments

Post#2 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:58 am

There are several projects being worked on. This doesn't mean there is a roadmap for these projects nor that they could be ready by 2021. Roadmaps need deadlines and our projects could be paused or delayed indefinitely due to several reasons, mainly technical and manpower.

Moreover, we prefer hyping releases over simply telling you whats being cooked.

If you are mainly looking at the balance team's roadmap, Wargrimnir already informed you that there is none.

Atropik

Post#3 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:56 am

LV WHEN?
Nicelook | Obey

Kaelang

Post#4 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:37 pm

As GamesBond said, typically when projects are being worked on, they're behind closed doors. We're volunteers and the project team like to work on things they're passionate about. If for whatever reason they need a week away to refresh for example there are no time constraints stopping them doing so which means more often than not, the project quality increases come release. Even if it's slightly delayed.

However, perks of no timeline. ;)
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Mithdraz

Post#5 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:23 pm

Yes, thank you guys for what you are doing! The fact i was away for a few years, only to come back recently to check out of curiosity and see the amazing updates. Plus its better to know something is cooking eventually than what the super staffed and funded Cyberpunk keeps doing with fake deadlines. Like telling people who are asking will it be released and will take vacation only to be replied with of course, jk. :lol:

normanis

Post#6 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:08 pm

i think no need more pve or new armor sets. its good if in 2021 we can still play game and has better game balance, less laggy.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Foofmonger

Post#7 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:44 pm

Technically you don't need deadlines release dates for roadmaps. That would be for release plans, which are generally conflated in the gaming industries terminology.

A roadmap can be as simple as "we are working on this list of 3 things".

That being said, I wouldn't expect a small volunteer dev team to be creating externally facing roadmaps for a free product. A waste of time you would be better off spending just working on the project itself. Generally speaking you do external roadmaps for marketing reasons when you are a for profit company.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#8 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:11 pm

Atropik wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:56 amLV WHEN?
After Hunter’s Valley ! :)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#9 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:44 pm Technically you don't need deadlines release dates for roadmaps. That would be for release plans, which are generally conflated in the gaming industries terminology.

That being said, I wouldn't expect a small volunteer dev team to be creating externally facing roadmaps for a free product. A waste of time you would be better off spending just working on the project itself. Generally speaking you do external roadmaps for marketing reasons when you are a for profit company.
The whole reason of roadmaps is obvious here; Transparency and accurate news. Moreover, usually this industry requires roadmap timelines as it gives a general idea of what and when to expect stuff. Otherwise our answer would be that we're working on everything, because with an indefinite timeline, we will actually try to work on everything.

"We're working on rSH" with an indefinite timeline is also meaningless, misleading and inaccurate.

So anyway, roadmaps here are meant to be realistic (with a timeline) - which confronts with our way of working on projects here, since priorities shift often and new tasks could become new priorities.

Foofmonger

Post#10 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:21 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:02 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:44 pm Technically you don't need deadlines release dates for roadmaps. That would be for release plans, which are generally conflated in the gaming industries terminology.

The whole reason of roadmaps is obvious here; Transparency and accurate news. Moreover, usually this industry requires roadmap timelines as it gives a general idea of what and when to expect stuff. Otherwise our answer would be that we're working on everything, because with an indefinite timeline, we will actually try to work on everything.

"We're working on rSH" with an indefinite timeline is also meaningless, misleading and inaccurate.

So anyway, roadmaps here are meant to be realistic (with a timeline) - which confronts with our way of working on projects here, since priorities shift often and new tasks could become new priorities.
Yep, I agree with you, and it makes perfect sense. The only thing a roadmap would do for you guys is make your customer base annoyed that you change it so much, and cause you guys to have to spend time constantly updating the roadmap with how projects/tasks maturate.