Recent Topics

Ads

Ditching Forts Mid-Siege

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Ditching Forts Mid-Siege

Post#1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:17 am

I have seen this thing recently where destro will attack a fort, usually after having approx 200 numbers advantage in the prior zone, but then they leave fort after the outer doors come down. Ppl don't seem to leave at any set time, but when they do its been pretty pointless whether before getting inner down or after failing lord's room pushes. Really I would describe this behavior as throwing except its the opposite of the usual kind of throwing.

In most cases the only logical reason to do this would be to split the defending realm but I don't think ppl who enter a fort should ever leave it. In almost every case destro has had so many ppl online that they can just keep pushing other zones. By leaving fort the other there and the ppl that didnt get in are kind of left in the lurch.

Additionally, they usually zerged the first zone so fast that they are now crunched up against the fort timer to get the 2nd keep down and a 2nd fort open while the original defenders are still occupied at the 1st fort.

I understand that this is probably being done because Lord's room door pushes are not the best game mechanic and Destro tends to lose them. However, I can't say that opening forts just to leave them makes any sense. I would say the chief offenders here are the ppl zerging zones with no coordination for a second zone push to cap a keep in the right time-frame to split the defenders.

I play a several destro alts but not in any major guild except Freebooters. I was on my Choppa today when one of these fell apart, it was a mess.

I guess my main question is are organized wbs or guilds initiating this as a "strategy" and then kind of screwing over the realm by ditching the fort or is this just short sighted pug behavior rushing a fort with little chance on winning and not taking the time to set up a double fort?

Edit: Entirely possible Order does this too, just saying I have only seen destro do it in my own experience.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
diedrake

Re: Ditching Forts Mid-Siege

Post#2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:46 am

As playing predominantly on order side i have noticed the same. It seems from an order standpoint, that if the first push into lord room is failed, destro gives up. Or the 2nd one as the first sometimes is a dry push. After that seems like destro moral is low and leave. On the defending side, it does get boring waiting 20 or so mins like earlier today at stonewatch.

Granted i personally wasnt there but most of my guild was, they ended up playing scribble ( pictionary) untill the time was up.

Anyhoo, again seems like organization is an issue on destro side, idk but haveing 400 destro take a zone i am sure many that got to fort would most likely have been pugs or folks with low organization and coordination.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Sarnai

Post#3 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:54 am

I just assume they're trying to lock defenders in there so they stay for the free rewards and allows them attack a different, underdefended fort.
WH looking for gunbad left

Starx

Post#4 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:09 am

Forts are not fun, attacking is even more not fun. Secondly forts are content that the devs are forcing on the player for whatever reason, even though on live there were no restrictions on RvR gear.

So people are literally just there to get their shitty grind over with. After a few failed choke pushes, its just statistically better to leave and go soak up invaders from a new fort happening in the case of a double fort push as you will get medals from BOTH forts even if you arent there.

Devs could easily fix this but I dont think they even know this is going on, and I dont think the playerbase really wants them to fix it.

MMXX43

Post#5 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:29 am

Forts are fine and fun . Just cause destro lose them doesnt mean its broken . On another note , only desto ditch forts from what i have gathered thus far , they also are the only ones that zerg camp the warcamp . Order has just less jerks in it i suppose.

diedrake

Post#6 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:42 am

No need to throw jabs at destro with snarky remarks. As is order camps destro wc too at forts.

In regards to peeps not liking the forts or certain parts of rvr, personally i dont like cities. That middle bo in stage 1 of city is a pain attacking. That and it seems destro only really has great premades that come out and play only when city is up.

Kind of wish those premades would come out to the lakes more often.

Anyhoo, wish destro wouldnt leave 20-25 mins left at forts to run to another end zone and then fail at keep seige. But in all honesty, i can tell ya when destro leaves or loses moral to keep trying, it does get pretty boring. Also a few of us order arent going to forts anymore as much, wish there was a way to pass or give our reservation to someone needing the forts.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Nekkma

Post#7 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:12 am

Starx wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:09 am Forts are not fun, attacking is even more not fun. Secondly forts are content that the devs are forcing on the player for whatever reason, even though on live there were no restrictions on RvR gear.

So people are literally just there to get their shitty grind over with. After a few failed choke pushes, its just statistically better to leave and go soak up invaders from a new fort happening in the case of a double fort push as you will get medals from BOTH forts even if you arent there.

Devs could easily fix this but I dont think they even know this is going on, and I dont think the playerbase really wants them to fix it.
This. You can participate in fort 1, leave after first failed push in stage 3 and go to fort 2. This will give you a minimum of 2 more invader medals for close to the same time invested. As forts are terrible content, imo, you just grind your invader medals in the most efficient way.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Goermsi

Post#8 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:21 am

What can you say, the morale on Destro side is currently very low. One feels not heard by the developers, rather taken for a ride.

So what does the average Destro player do?
He plays the fort until 2 tokens are safe, then he leaves the fort to secure other zones and grab bags. This is how you get the most out of a fort (or ... 1h playtime) without getting killed half an hour before the lordroom. This is not about realmpride or organization. It's simply about effectiveness (time, cost, benefit) and as so often, people choose the path of least resistance. No need to be surprised
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Ads
franzjaeger

Post#9 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:25 am

MMXX43 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:29 am Forts are fine and fun . Just cause destro lose them doesnt mean its broken . On another note , only desto ditch forts from what i have gathered thus far , they also are the only ones that zerg camp the warcamp . Order has just less jerks in it i suppose.

Implying Order doesn't zerg camp warcamp when you have the numbers? LMAO you really do like the smell of your own farts, don't you?

Why would Order want to double push, they already have a ~94% win rate as attacker due to meta advantage.

Gurf

Post#10 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:38 am

Destro have taken Forts quite a lot recently, but yesterday was ridiculous, Destro didn't even try in one Fort and half the pop jumped out to go to Reikland thinking they will get in the second one to find the ram was down and by the time it was up Order had enough defenders to defend the zone. If they had bothered trying they may well have had a 5 star city, but they barely even tried.