Recent Topics

Ads

Ditching Forts Mid-Siege

Let's talk about... everything else
k12yptic

Re: Ditching Forts Mid-Siege

Post#41 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:42 pm

MMXX43 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:29 am Forts are fine and fun . Just cause destro lose them doesnt mean its broken . On another note , only desto ditch forts from what i have gathered thus far , they also are the only ones that zerg camp the warcamp . Order has just less jerks in it i suppose.
This is a hilarious statement considering how many people play both factions.

Ads
Zxul

Post#42 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:43 pm

dalen wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:46 pm There's already a coming change in next patch that will help regarding this:

[Fortresses]

The time left on forts will start ticking down faster if certain conditions are met:
- It is stage 2
- There is less than 30 minutes left of the fort (15 minutes has passed in the stage)
- The door health is 100%
- The defenders have held all five flags for at least two minutes.

If all the above conditions are met, the time left will start ticking down five times faster.
Won't do anything, except giving defenders a little less of an afk time. As a destro, if (like it likely is) there is no hope for taking fort, I will rather leave after I get the necessary minimum of contribution, and go work on other zone/fort. Or, if for example it were changed so leaving will give no rewards, will just afk somewhere till fort is over.

Not to mention, unless there is a second fort starting, in most of forts destro actually wins s2, and in s3 leaves after 1 push. So per conditions above, it won't even shorten the time for defenders.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

TreefAM

Post#43 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:21 pm

Imagine leaving the fort bot not even pushing a second one
Who is even herding these pug shitters these days on destro

On another note, lol at thinking that forts are in any way fun, this is your average order spammer that afks in Altdorf but logs in for pride )
MMXX43 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:29 am Forts are fine and fun . Just cause destro lose them doesnt mean its broken . On another note , only desto ditch forts from what i have gathered thus far , they also are the only ones that zerg camp the warcamp . Order has just less jerks in it i suppose.

lifeson

Post#44 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:25 pm

Probably a combination of low morale and lack of organisation - as others have said.
Anecdotal in nature but in order fort attempts there is usually a flurry of people trying to make 2-2-2, even pugs with low levels inside warband seem to try - on destro its not so much like that apart from the usual couple of names having a go.

Gurf

Post#45 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:50 pm

The Devs even added the option for you to parachute your melee in to kill the Order ranged and still people give up, pretty bad mentality really. Most of a Fort time is stage 1 which is normal rvr (but with more even numbers), you only suck at it and get farmed if you are small scale or solo heroes and don't like to go in proper warbands

MMXX43

Post#46 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:53 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:21 pm Imagine leaving the fort bot not even pushing a second one
Who is even herding these pug shitters these days on destro

On another note, lol at thinking that forts are in any way fun, this is your average order spammer that afks in Altdorf but logs in for pride )
you tried ! 1/5 ✰

CountTalabecland

Post#47 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:56 pm

Spoiler:
emiliorv wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:39 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:33 pm
Spoiler:
emiliorv wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Then what is the problem? you can defend both forts, what is your issue with this?
Because destro never even makes it to the 2nd fort, or even if they do, they lose and log off. My issue is that it blows up the campaign, everyone logs off, and then zones have 20 ppl each in them and its no fun.
Dont defend and let attackers win. problem solved.

You cant win fort and stop campaign and at same time pretend that campaign keep going...
Yeah, I'm not going to get banned for throwing. Or if you are saying just not play and afk in Altorf, how can a game be designed where not playing it is the optimal choice?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

MMXX43

Post#48 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:01 pm

franzjaeger wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:52 pm
MMXX43 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:21 pm
franzjaeger wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:25 am

Implying Order doesn't zerg camp warcamp when you have the numbers? LMAO you really do like the smell of your own farts, don't you?

Why would Order want to double push, they already have a ~94% win rate as attacker due to meta advantage.
You might have a 6 man or less patroling near the wc in SOME zones ( not all zones are as eligible for ganking due to the geographical localities of each warcamp / chapter being, even them, destro favourable, example KV keep / Warcamp, 2 exits in Caledor etc etc etc., on the other hand, you constantly zerg camp the order warcamp Caledor etc .etc. etc .

Disregarding the fart part , each has his own fascinations i suppose .
Order has been pushing double even triple fort and winning cause your tryhard overlords dont care about you puglings/zerglings , they already full sov :) gl hf.

Lol you've got to be kidding me. Just a week or so ago when order consistently had twice the destro numbers in RvR they were constantly roaming with full wbs ganking and camping wcs. Not that I saw any destro players complaining about that, it's part of the game, but don't pretend like it didn't happen. But this narrative is pushed constantly, just like order can't admit that they're zerging too when they get the chance, to them it's just "order pride" and they're still the honorable underdogs even when they siege a keep with thrice the destro numbers.

Both sides zerg, both sides gank. Simple as that.

And yeah sure forts are fine and balanced, no changes needed. Ofc when destro were dominating cities, order took to the forums singing an entirely different tune and got the changes they wanted. I don't don't hold any illusions about destro getting the same favorable treatment, though.
Comparing forts to cities is like ...<>?! :?: :!: i would sympathize if the destro realm was not overstacked with cc utility and synergy <3 Destro was dominating the cities cause they could build m4 in 30 sec , wb scale and bomb , having 6 !!!!!!! morale pumps in either plain tactic or minor speccing , while order has 3 all self or specced up in trees and st :) I ll rest my case . https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... ale_Drains

Ads
zij83

Post#49 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Gurf wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:38 am Destro have taken Forts quite a lot recently, but yesterday was ridiculous, Destro didn't even try in one Fort and half the pop jumped out to go to Reikland thinking they will get in the second one to find the ram was down and by the time it was up Order had enough defenders to defend the zone. If they had bothered trying they may well have had a 5 star city, but they barely even tried.
It's called strategy. The fact that you all are on here whining about it means it must be working.

zij83

Post#50 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:20 pm

MMXX43 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:21 pm
franzjaeger wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:25 am

Implying Order doesn't zerg camp warcamp when you have the numbers? LMAO you really do like the smell of your own farts, don't you?

Why would Order want to double push, they already have a ~94% win rate as attacker due to meta advantage.
You might have a 6 man or less patroling near the wc in SOME zones ( not all zones are as eligible for ganking due to the geographical localities of each warcamp / chapter being, even them, destro favourable, example KV keep / Warcamp, 2 exits in Caledor etc etc etc., on the other hand, you constantly zerg camp the order warcamp Caledor etc .etc. etc .

Disregarding the fart part , each has his own fascinations i suppose .
Order has been pushing double even triple fort and winning cause your tryhard overlords dont care about you puglings/zerglings , they already full sov :) gl hf.
When order zergs you call it gitting gud and organizing. When destro zergs you call it zerging. Both sides zerg...