Let's talk about... everything else
Onigokko0101

Re: Fort Tracking One Month In

Post#121 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Gurf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:21 pm
emiliorv wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:59 pm
Onigokko0101 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:23 pm
Spoiler:

So lets get this straight. You think old data is viable when the game is in a completely difference balance state then it was when that data was collected?

The Fort tracker is now tracking City data and it looks like its 10x Order / 8x Destro. HMMM. Not that 18 is a large enough data pool to accurately extrapolate from, but lets be honest here, cities are for **** sure not 70% Destro, and have not been for awhile now.
What i tried to point is: back when order city winrate was like 30% the sky was falling and the data about city winrate was used like a "balance argument" (some still using...), and for sure motivated "balance" changes (IMO).
Now when someone collected data about fort winrate and we are seeing that overall winrate for destro is 20-25% (around only 5% when defending) results that data collecting means nothing...well.

Probably, only quoting with that old thread link with that "order forum drama" without writing anymore is a bit short...but really i got tired of this BS...i dont care anymore, more after listening the last Q&A...everything is ok....forum drama...working as intended...the best joke was about BW/Sorc...
Except the Dev's made continuous changes for Forts after this, changing ratios and most recently the Flyers which obviously help the more melee heavy faction more by allowing them to get to the ranged on the walls. So the Dev's did make changes based on the data.
The fliers are literally a joke and do absolutely nothing. Furthermore the ratios have actually made it worse for Destro.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
Gurf

Post#122 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:36 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:29 pm
Gurf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:21 pm
emiliorv wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:59 pm

What i tried to point is: back when order city winrate was like 30% the sky was falling and the data about city winrate was used like a "balance argument" (some still using...), and for sure motivated "balance" changes (IMO).
Now when someone collected data about fort winrate and we are seeing that overall winrate for destro is 20-25% (around only 5% when defending) results that data collecting means nothing...well.

Probably, only quoting with that old thread link with that "order forum drama" without writing anymore is a bit short...but really i got tired of this BS...i dont care anymore, more after listening the last Q&A...everything is ok....forum drama...working as intended...the best joke was about BW/Sorc...
Except the Dev's made continuous changes for Forts after this, changing ratios and most recently the Flyers which obviously help the more melee heavy faction more by allowing them to get to the ranged on the walls. So the Dev's did make changes based on the data.
The fliers are literally a joke and do absolutely nothing. Furthermore the ratios have actually made it worse for Destro.
Not sure the Flyers have been fully utililsed yet but in a recent Fort 2 of our healers were punted off the walls by flyers resulting in our Warband being severely weakened because of it. But if it isn't enough to help and they aren't doing a great deal you could always offer some more suggestions, but you can't complain that the Devs are doing nothing with the data as they obviously are.

Naelar

Post#123 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Seems a lot of Order folks are a bit butthurt that people have pointed out they are zerging...

Naelar

Post#124 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:17 pm

The Maw last night (line 139) had a pop of 168-45 at the start, btw.

zij83

Post#125 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:04 pm

Naelar wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:59 pm Seems a lot of Order folks are a bit butthurt that people have pointed out they are zerging...
They zerg? Noooooo...can't be!!!

Sponn
Suspended

Post#126 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:53 am

Naelar wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:59 pm Seems a lot of Order folks are a bit butthurt that people have pointed out they are zerging...
I mean at peak times destro has the pop advantage. Maybe we should zerg too. Tired of solo/roaming.

But yeah I think we need to get another aoe ranged and order needs another aoe melee to balance things out, probably will come with the rsh rework maybe

priestxes

Post#127 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:00 pm

Suggestion for OP, add a raw number column next to percentages. So we can easily see how many forts are triggered by each faction rather than just the percentage of wins.

It'd be nice to see how many times a realm pushes to fort and the result, rather than just results.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#128 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:02 pm

zij83 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:04 pm
They zerg? Noooooo...can't be!!!
You mean the "realm pride"?? dont be confused, looks the same but its only zerg when destro do it...

Ads
Nosun

Post#129 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:02 pm

I didn't read thru 13 pages of comments and probably its been said but i would say almost all those fort wins for Order are during NA time when destro doesn't even try to defend and the numbers for when destro is attacking don't look that bad to me i mean it should be hard to take forts when people are actually trying to stop you.

Kyraith

Post#130 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:30 am

@zij83 Love this!

I am particularly intrigued by the per specific fort Win rates, but am concerned about bias caused by Destro’s tendency to multi push.

Can you segment the data into Forts where the fight was abandoned early for another fort vs ones where that was not the case?
Kiyon - RR 81 Swordmaster of Hoeth