Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Tracking One Month In

Let's talk about... everything else
zij83

Fort Tracking One Month In

Post#1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:49 pm

We've been tracking fort data for about a month now and I wanted to come back and provide some updated information as I know some of you have been asking for it. Going forward I will be posting this information once per month at the beginning of each month. For example my next post will be around the first of December for the entire month of November. We have also begun to track city data, however I am not including that in today's post as I don't feel we have collected enough to spark any meaningful discussion. I'm not going to analyze this, simply provide it and then I'll respond to some comments if they aren't just trolling. It's a long post so I put it behind a spoiler so it doesn't take up giant sections of the page and people can read replies.
Spoiler:

Source Data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Total Forts - 110

Destro Attacks - 60
Order Attacks - 50

Realm Attack Percentage

Destro - 54.55%
Order - 45.45%

Fort Population at Beginning Stage 3

Full - 78.40%
Not Full - 21.60%

Overall Fort Win Rate

Destro - 26.36%
Order - 73.64%

Destruction Attack Wins

Destro - 43.33%
Order - 56.67%

Order Attack Wins

Destro - 06%
Order - 94%

Reikwald Fort Win Rate

Destro - 22.73%
Order - 77.27%

The Maw Fort Win Rate

Destro - 00%
Order - 100%

Stonewatch Fort Win Rate

Destro - 58.82%
Order - 41.18%

Butchers Pass Fort Win Rate

Destro - 16.67%
Order - 83.33%

Shining Way Fort Win Rate

Destro - 55%
Order - 45%

Fell Landing Fort Win Rate

Destro - 05.56%
Order - 94.44%

Ads
Hardkoar
Suspended

Re: Fort Tracking One Month In

Post#2 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:04 am

Looks like we need to buff engis.

Bomaye

Post#3 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 am

Hardkoar wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:04 am Looks like we need to buff engis.
True

JarlBerzirk

Post#4 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:23 am

Hardkoar wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:04 am Looks like we need to buff engis.
Gotta get that 100% man

Sofong

Post#5 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:48 am

should start tracking city also, last i seen was order 5:1

dwcook90

Post#6 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:54 am

Just wanted to say thanks for compiling and posting the data. Hopefully some objective information will be useful for the development team when it comes to future balancing.

Lorsten

Post#7 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:24 am

Statement from lead GM. Balance team dont see any realm-wise balance issues.
L2P Destro (or switch order and spam aoe in funnel).

billyk

Post#8 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:33 am

Lorsten wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:24 am L2P Destro
Exactly. Destro can only zerg. That's why you often lose in fort - cap on numbers. That's why you win more often when you attack than when you defend - defensive zerging isn't a thing.

If Destro was actually weaker than Order, you wouldn't make it to fort in the first place because you'd get creamed in oRvR, but as we can see from the statistics, Destro attacks forts more often than Order. Why? Because you can do your 100% AAO zerging in oRvR where there is no cap on player numbers. Then you go to fort and fall apart because you suddenly don't have 2x the toons that Order has anymore. That's the explanation for the data here.

tl;dr: l2p, numbers can only get you so far

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#9 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:01 am

So from this you can see that the attacks are very balanced, but in defenses Destro doesn't even bother to try to defend.

Data is mostly likely gonna be skewed by the fact that majority of Order fort pushes happen in late NA when destro has very low pop compared to Order, so destro is overextended and underorganised to defend properly.

ould love to skew that data by some EU forts, but throughout the day you can't push because destro has the pop and late EU we're barely keeping it at stalemate and out of the city.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:56 am

nuadarstark wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:01 am So from this you can see that the attacks are very balanced, but in defenses Destro doesn't even bother to try to defend.
What data shows is that destro only have some chance to win when outnumber order, and still losses more than win. When destro have less numbers is close to imposible to win (94% winrate order).

Looks so funny when destro is stomped in forts means that "dont even bother to try to defend" but when order was being rolled in cities was a "huge imbalance problem" (when mostly those instances were filled with solopuggers facing proper 2-2-2 wbs).

94% winrate for order atacking and 74% winrate for order overall forts, and still the most played order RDPS got buffed last patch => the message is clear, go away or rerol order.
Last edited by emiliorv on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.