Recent Topics

Ads

Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

yes
50%
no
50%
Total votes: 173

Dwarni

Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Post#1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:34 pm

What do you think?

Ads
RuffRyder

Re: Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Post#2 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:45 pm

I think it’s best to get to RR51 before hitting CR40, you’re flexible to choose between Vanq (with bag drops) or Conq (by conversion) depending on class from this point, and collect RR within end-30 levels. My last char hitting 40/51 was SW and after roughly 10 EU evenings (30hr playtime) I had full Vanq (bought the last 2 pieces), 3 Genesis and both Subj weapons, along with a few duplicates. Mostly pugging actually. Vanq is a good base for most classes, along with the PvE gear you have these days.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

anstalt

Post#3 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:18 pm

My preference would be to just make the main armour sets purchasable for gold like it was towards the end of live. Remove the randomness completely, whilst still keeping jewellery and weapons random / exciting. Should help fresh 40s and just keep everyone a bit happier. I mean, we're already putting in the time to rank up, just seems unnecessary to make the gear progression unpredictable.

That said

If you want to keep the existing system, the only set I think needs changing is the conq set. I found it incredibly hard to collect conq medallions before I hit CR40, they just never seemed to drop off anyone, so i didn't complete my conq set until rr51. Was relatively painful few weeks (as a casual), but once I got full conq it really made a big difference and the game started being more fun again.

Vanq seems a lot easier to get, and beyond that the power gaps are smaller so it matters less if it takes a while, but running around t4 in anni gear is ****, even if you've tried putting in the time in RvR to collect those medallions.

VindicoAtrum

Post#4 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Definitely not that difficult at fresh 40. If you level through RVR you'll have conq sat in the bank waiting for you to hit 40. Vanq is given out in gold bags, and all other bags give vanq meds, along with zone locks. What RuffRyder said is correct, vanq isn't that time-consuming either.

It slows down considerably after vanq since you have to compete for fort spots (and you need to wear full set to get the next medallion type in bags) but that isn't the topic here - you're no longer a fresh 40!.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:16 am

The game just need to reinforce the importance of being at the very least RR40 (RR50 even better) when hitting CR40.

vanbuinen77

Post#6 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:44 am

Its the classes that depend on scenerio gear that is the issue, not rvr gear so much.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Pkunk

Post#7 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:26 am

Yes. With so many ppl in sov. gear. Just give fresh 40's vanq. and rr 60 by hitting 40. As long as there will be no server reset, just give new players a chance. Saying this as rr 85 we with several other 80+ rr toons.

Akalukz

Post#8 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:14 am

Could go a long way making the belts for conq and vanq BOE and able to purchase off AH. That ways people can get double set bonuses and not melt
-= Agony =-

Ads
Dwarni

Post#9 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:01 am

Pkunk wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:26 am Yes. With so many ppl in sov. gear. Just give fresh 40's vanq. and rr 60 by hitting 40. As long as there will be no server reset, just give new players a chance. Saying this as rr 85 we with several other 80+ rr toons.
I do not even want rr 60 as a fresh 40, but at least make it possible to actually buy all peace at level 40, for example by making it buyable with Officer's Emblems/Medallions and reduce RR requirements to maybe 40 or even 38 (also reduce the rr Requirements of the previous set to rr35 or rr30). Also if they add a new tier set on top, maybe move up the lower level 40 tier, so maybe if they add a set better than sov, make vanquisher (or the sc set) level 40 starter gear.

I almost exclusively leveled my engineer by doing scenarios because I find the oRvR after t1 just boring, too many players in zones, too much lag and you get one shot by level 40s with the best gear...

I had no problem buying new tier sets after reaching the level, but with the level 40 set, there is no way you can get enough tokens so you can buy it after reaching level 40.

Maybe also adding a level 40 PQ set, which is solo farmable like the previous ones, and are on par with Conqueror/Dominator set.

While you can be semi AFK during a keep siege, doing cultivation, playing minesweeper, watching Netflix in overlay mode you have to do a lot more in scenarios or even PQs to contribute to success, that's why I don't get why RvR is so pushed by throwing gear at you, I mean why do I not have a chance to get genesis pieces from playing scenarios, or epic weapons. I mean I did a keep siege a single time and had a level 40 epic weapon in it. If I wanted to get one just by playing SCs It would take ages compared to that...

Bowldancer

Post#10 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:37 am

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think it is already easy to catch up and get competitive gear. I have done the journey quite a lot and have several more on the way.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE