Recent Topics

Ads

The problem with SoR and RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Bignusty

Re: The problem with SoR and RvR

Post#11 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:44 pm

Unfortunately i dont think this is gonna happen but yeah Sor is not as good as it is to make Orvr more fluid and more surprising

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#12 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:27 am

there are other addons to know population in each zone, i remember zonepop but dunno if there are more..

VindicoAtrum

Post#13 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:33 am

This issue has plagued other games.

Eve online had (has) real-time galaxy-wide intel in many ways and it stiffled the game hard. They slowly started removing some real-time intel capabilities eventually because it started to become a drag on activity.

Free, real-time global intelligence is bad for the emergence of strategy.

SoR + War Report = instantly defend anything, anywhere. I'd wholly support removal of the numbers entirely. Want to know how many are in the zone? Better get scouting hadn't you.

Brakh

Post#14 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:38 am

I like this change but I think that will require some work from the dev team. They will need to disable all queries related to population information accross the zones including ingame search option.

Kragg

Post#15 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:03 am

It does however stop most of the PvE sieges that were taking place before.

Are you all so short of memory or what? :roll:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Lithenir

Post#16 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:57 am

Kragg wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:03 am It does however stop most of the PvE sieges that were taking place before.

Are you all so short of memory or what? :roll:
That's why I just want the numbers removed, not the add-on itself. You would still be able to see every siege in every zone. Just not how many attackers.

Not so hard to understand what I want :roll:

NSKaneda

Post#17 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:13 am

Lithenir wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:57 am That's why I just want the numbers removed, not the add-on itself. You would still be able to see every siege in every zone. Just not how many attackers.

Thus cannon ninja teams would make a comeback, hitting keep doors to divert opposition while real attacks are happening in different zone(s). We've been through this before...
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Dwarni

Post#18 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:18 am

Does the addon not get this information from the Buff "against all odds", maybe just remove the numbers from there completely so the addon can't get them.

The main problem is that there are only 2 factions, in GW2 it is a lot more interesting because there are 3 factions fighting for control, that makes it a lot harder for 1 side to overpower the others by pure numbers. But adding a third faction is nearly impossible here I know that.

Maybe also somehow changing the "Against all odds" buff would help, instead of giving boni to exp/renown/influence (which don't help at all in the actual battle that takes place right now), add some bonus to characters. Maybe add 10-20% of the current bonus to hp/damage/heal, for example:

100% = 20% new bonus.

This could help the side with fewer numbers.

Ads
Gurf

Post#19 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:33 am

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:13 am
Lithenir wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:57 am That's why I just want the numbers removed, not the add-on itself. You would still be able to see every siege in every zone. Just not how many attackers.

Thus cannon ninja teams would make a comeback, hitting keep doors to divert opposition while real attacks are happening in different zone(s). We've been through this before...
Then the players could announce in T4 what was going on, so it would rely on realm communication and cooperation rather than an app.

Although I didn't play without it except on live.

normanis

Post#20 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:34 pm

hard to imagine game without sor, u cant see actuall numbers. and sor is game breaking because its shows real numbers of zone. ppl look at sor 200 vs 190 . no i dont whant this i go in empty zone. byt when keep is sieged there is 340 vs 200 defenders ( maby not all even in keep) mostly before fort . most ppl are already in fort waiting lord death faster.
sor itself is not bad addon byt ppl exploit it on their favour and that why its game breaking. because ppl see numbers and aao dont play role. se know is it worse defend zone or not.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"