Recent Topics

Ads

The problem with SoR and RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Lithenir

The problem with SoR and RvR

Post#1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:14 pm

First of all. I am glad the addon SoR exists how it is - mostly.

The problem with the addon showing the population is that it makes RvR kind of not dynamic. People tend to watch the population and react to it.
This leads to a rigid campaign sometimes. People refuse to siege or even move around the zone because "we don't have the numbers". Making everyone just stand around and wait instead of doing something. By removing the population counter the whole RvR would become more dynamic.

Right now if a keep is sieged which isn't in the "main" zone people look at the numbers and can react to the numbers of players in the zone and sending just one WB over because it would be enough. The rest can just stay knowing that not much is going to happen in the other zone because enough defenders are on the way.
Taking the numbers away would increase the need of strategy and communication. It would also increase the influence of small scale parties since the population would be divided around the zones. You would need or send spies to these zone then looking for enemy movement. Maybe make it like live that claimed keeps can put up extra guards giving warnings to the guild how many attackers are around the keep when a ram is close and/or on the door.

And for a QoL change. Bring back the possibility to queue scen for a whole party in a WB. Would help small to medium guilds to play alltogether in RvR and que scen from time to time without making new parties.

Ads
Bignusty

Re: The problem with SoR and RvR

Post#2 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:33 pm

Lithenir wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:14 pm First of all. I am glad the addon SoR exists how it is - mostly.

The problem with the addon showing the population is that it makes RvR kind of not dynamic. People tend to watch the population and react to it.
This leads to a rigid campaign sometimes. People refuse to siege or even move around the zone because "we don't have the numbers". Making everyone just stand around and wait instead of doing something. By removing the population counter the whole RvR would become more dynamic.

Right now if a keep is sieged which isn't in the "main" zone people look at the numbers and can react to the numbers of players in the zone and sending just one WB over because it would be enough. The rest can just stay knowing that not much is going to happen in the other zone because enough defenders are on the way.
Taking the numbers away would increase the need of strategy and communication. It would also increase the influence of small scale parties since the population would be divided around the zones. You would need or send spies to these zone then looking for enemy movement. Maybe make it like live that claimed keeps can put up extra guards giving warnings to the guild how many attackers are around the keep when a ram is close and/or on the door.

And for a QoL change. Bring back the possibility to queue scen for a whole party in a WB. Would help small to medium guilds to play alltogether in RvR and que scen from time to time without making new parties.
fortunately the destro offers some play not like order on Orvr sleeping inside warcamp and staying a day inside keep ... to wait destro move Zzzzzzzzzz or prime time end to do something :lol: :lol: :lol: so fun ! But im agree whit you Sor addon stuck the Orvr most fight are around one lake and when someone guilds or PUG trying to take another lake everyone runing on it and stuck the Orvr again

Whitout Sor addon the Orvr will be more fluid more interesting to play all players or organzid guild will be splited against other side guild or PU to fight on each lake ( really 300 V 300 on 50m2 isnt fun at all) and maybe play some city on a day then palyers will win bags faster then gearing more faster to

PS: a bit Tired dont know if my english is right sorry

Gurf

Post#3 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:12 pm

I always said the game would be much better without SOR then at least you could pull of some surprise moves and have a more dynamic less predictable rvr. But the Devs aren't interested

priestxes

Post#4 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:17 pm

I'd like to see a mechanic to lock warbands, guilds, alliances to racial pairings somehow. It's a bad game design when you see 300vs300 in praag, but 0vs0 or #vs## in another zone, then as soon as a keep is flagged, boom 300vs300 in that zone.

Maybe when a warband is formed, the leader can declare for the zone/racial pairing, so everyone involved gets double rr/contrib while there and half elsewhere until the zone locks. Or maybe guilds/alliances can declare for a racial pairing, getting 1.50 rr while operation in that theater and only .75 in other zones until a fort is triggered.

Lithenir

Post#5 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Gurf wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:12 pm I always said the game would be much better without SOR then at least you could pull of some surprise moves and have a more dynamic less predictable rvr. But the Devs aren't interested
I don't have a problem with SoR in general and we could keep the numbers for forts since it would make sense to see it.
You can still be surprising enough with people seeing a keep is under attack not knowing how many it will be.
Something needs to change since rvr often is static and mostly focused only in one zone

Bignusty

Post#6 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Lithenir wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:24 pm
Gurf wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:12 pm I always said the game would be much better without SOR then at least you could pull of some surprise moves and have a more dynamic less predictable rvr. But the Devs aren't interested
I don't have a problem with SoR in general and we could keep the numbers for forts since it would make sense to see it.
You can still be surprising enough with people seeing a keep is under attack not knowing how many it will be.
Something needs to change since rvr often is static and mostly focused only in one zone
There is no surprise atm as long you can see number of people on each zone and how many players trying to siege a keep .

Lithenir

Post#7 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:22 pm

Bignusty wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm
Lithenir wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:24 pm
There is no surprise atm as long you can see number of people on each zone and how many players trying to siege a keep .
That's why I want the numbers gone

kmark101

Post#8 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:39 pm

It would be great if SoR would only give a general information about one side per zone, like "Praag: Order has the upper hand!" But no exact numbers, so it would still be up to the players to figure as it could be massive outnumber or just 1 person more.

I think showing the actual numbers for fort population is great because you can see if you have a chance to get in or you gotta move to next zone, I'd keep that as it is.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
lyncher12

Post#9 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:23 pm

I agree. As it is now its really stale.

Sarnai

Post#10 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Maybe for a week or two make it like T1, where it just show AAO and not the actual numbers? Just to see what happens.
WH looking for gunbad left