Ads

Realm Class Balance vs Unique Class Identity

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Realm Class Balance vs Unique Class Identity

Post#91 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:12 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:53 pm
billyk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:50 pm tl;dr: Destro is salty their big Orks get creamed by manlets, when DPS shouldn't go for tanks in the first place.
They don't, but AoE does hit both tanks and people tanks are guarding. Since damage is undefendable tank takes half of damage from guarded target, and their own dmg, which is big due to high armor penetraion on given career, tanks melt much faster than dps their are guarding, without any focus just AoE spam.
dont waste your time with that guy

Ads
blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#92 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:31 pm

I'll say it again: To stop any and all whine and balancing woes, do the following.

Give all classes' skills and abilities, tactics, etc. to their mirror. Exchange everything. Ability-wise WPs are now DOKs, RPs are now Zealots, BOs turn into SMs ("Me feelin' preddy today, boss"), WEs into WHs and so on. You just change the abilities, nothing in the rgaphics (so you won't have to make up WP dual wielding hamemrs animations, they keep their tweo handed hammers, just their stats, skills and items in the paperdoll change; nothing changes from the outside).

This will be kept for a week or two. Call it "Global Van Horstmann's Speculum" (because said item changes your and your opponents combat values in the tabletop game) and make up a story about an Altdorf magic experiment gone awry if you want.

You will then see who is right and who is wrong. Is Rampage really the best skill in the game? Is it Chop Fasta? Are Shammies really OP? Or are WPs really better healers than DOKs? Or is it all player skill? All these questions and many more will be answered once and for all, no whining allowed.

Sounds crazy, but think about it (if it is even doable, I'm no programmer and would just cut&paste).

ravezaar

Post#93 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:37 pm

do we really need more of these posts ? poor arguments that dosent stand up
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#94 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:38 pm

ravezaar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:37 pm do we really need more of these posts ? poor arguments that dosent stand up
Why are you bumping the thread if you don't like it? First MMO?

normanis

Post#95 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:24 pm

feinted position bypassing block/parry has 1mincd .
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#96 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:29 pm

blondgelockt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:38 pm
ravezaar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:37 pm do we really need more of these posts ? poor arguments that dosent stand up
Why are you bumping the thread if you don't like it? First MMO?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re457Sb ... annel=AEMW
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

teiloh

Post#97 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:13 pm

zij83 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:57 am If rampage did the same thing as BG furious howl or SH pierce defenses or maybe even a bit more lets go wild and say 50%, I think that would be fine. By Slayers being able to mitigate block/parry completely you're removing an entire archetype (tank) from the equation. On my full Sov SnB Black Orc I have on multiple occasions had my guard and myself go from 100 to 0 by a slayerball before healers even got a chance to react. It's such a cheap ability that requires 0 skill to pull off, have 3-4 slayers with invader armor pen bonuses, profit. The solution to a slayerball is running away until they aren't rampaging. That's just dumb and makes for boring gameplay.
I personally haven't seen that. Slayers will be cutting your defenses down a lot just by having a ton of Str and some strikethrough. On almost all non-tanks Rampage will effectively give you nothing (unless they use morales).

I think if you gave Slayers a damage + 15% defense debuff in place of Rampage that didn't drain rage, their performance would not be much different.

randomeclipse

Post#98 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:37 pm

billyk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:50 pm tl;dr: Destro is salty their big Orks get creamed by manlets, when DPS shouldn't go for tanks in the first place.
Orcs*

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#99 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:30 am

normanis wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:24 pm feinted position bypassing block/parry has 1mincd .
haha lol

Sofong

Post#100 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:29 am

emiliorv wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:30 am
normanis wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:24 pm feinted position bypassing block/parry has 1mincd .
haha lol
what am i reading in this thread, slayer needs 20s to get to yellow, now FP bypass block and parry/.......