Recent Topics

Ads

Hold The Line new patch

Let's talk about... everything else
Qwack

Hold The Line new patch

Post#1 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:10 pm

Greetings,

Just want clarification on Hold The Line. According to the patch notes, Hold The Line adds a 5% damage reduction on top of the normal dodge/disrupt along with 3 stacks? Is this correct? As in the dodge/disrupt amount is not affected? And it appears that the direction of the Ranged Attack must be from the front (which is a nerf, but makes some sense).
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Ads
Qwack

Re: Hold The Line new patch

Post#2 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:31 pm

Also, how does AE ranged damage affect the new directional change of Hold The Line? Damage Puddles too? And "From the Front" is that a cone? or is it 180 spread degrees based on positional hit box of the tank?.... side note, the common term is Hit Box, but really its Hit Plane 2D.
Last edited by Qwack on Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#3 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Hey,

these are Dalens pics to explain how the rework works (Discord 27/11/2020).

to clarify the position thing on Hold the Line:
this situation works just like before:

but in this situation it will no longer apply:

and not in this situation either:

Question: is the hold the line damage reduction vs all ranged, ie: archers/magic or just archers
Dalen: the range is 45ft to the sides as well. it is actually a half circle, not a box like on those illustrations

Question: one question : what about the tank himself, will the +45% apply on himself if the enemy rdps is behind the tank?
Dalen: no, only against rDPS in front of tank

(Discussion context)
"so rDPS running into your blob will make it really hard to cover them with HTL not that many rDPS will want to play like that"
"when you push as a rdps into a stack of red names, you 9/10 times have your guard-tank in front of you acting as a snowplow"
"yes but how does the enemy Tank keep himself inbetween you and his allies?"
Dalen: against close range bombing it is basically a nerf of HTL. As you will be behind many of the tanks then

Question: The tooltip shown above is the old one. HTL doesn't apply on allies anymore but is a debuff on attackers, range is unknown.
Dalen: it is still a buff on allies. But the buff only works against attackers that are in front of the tank

Question: Will Hold the Line still only work against spells and ranged attacks, or all attacks?
Dalen: only ranged attacks just like before
Last edited by Lilim on Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Qwack

Post#4 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:03 pm

Ok so that diagram appears to keep the area as 180. Thanks.

Qwack

Post#5 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:05 pm

But if I may, what if an AE affect is beyond the 180 line? It didn't matter before, does it now? This is important for pushing blobs in Cities and Forts. I assume if the AE is dropped before the 180 line it will be affected by Hold The Line, but what about, just behind the 180? Can it back hit with no affect from Hold The Line, it couldn't before.
. But if it does, that is a nerf, but makes sense. Hold The Line without positional change was a bit iffy and weird, but has been long term. It will change the game, but it makes sense. As in, as a SNB tank, I could hit Hold The Line and run away from ranged opposite players but it still worked.
Last edited by Qwack on Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oaliaen

Post#6 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:13 pm

So..Tank needs to get hit by RoF to imply the debuff

Qwack

Post#7 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:16 pm

oaliaen wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:13 pm So..Tank needs to get hit by RoF to imply the debuff
Respectfully, I am just trying to understand the new directional changes. I have to admit as a long time SNB player, Hold The Line was a bit weird for being able to hit it in the back, run away and get hit the back and it still works. Not saying that is good, not saying that is bad.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#8 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 pm

Hey,

so I updated my whole post with all questions that Dalen answered about the HTL rework on Discord.

Ads
Qwack

Post#9 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:32 pm

I have played SNB tanks since Live and my main on ROR is an SNB tank, Krakken. While the directional change will challenge and nerf my main toon... I will not make this debate. I agree that it has always been weird to hit Hold The Line, run away, show your back and it still works. I defer to other SNB tanks to argue this :)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:35 pm

Qwack wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:05 pm But if I may, what if an AE affect is beyond the 180 line? It didn't matter before, does it now? This is important for pushing blobs in Cities and Forts. I assume if the AE is dropped before the 180 line it will be affected by Hold The Line, but what about, just behind the 180? Can it back hit with no affect from Hold The Line, it couldn't before.
. But if it does, that is a nerf, but makes sense. Hold The Line without positional change was a bit iffy and weird, but has been long term. It will change the game, but it makes sense. As in, as a SNB tank, I could hit Hold The Line and run away from ranged opposite players but it still worked.
I believe when it was explained the vectors are based on the positioning of the players. Where the AOE is positioned wouldn't matter provided the defended player is inside the half-circle behind the tank, and the casting player is in front of the tank somewhere. Once you cross the plane behind the tank, they are no longer defending against you. Primarily this would affect funnels where tanks using HTL can turn their back to a door and give people running through the door a buff, despite the ranged attacks coming through the doorway. No more holding the line with your ass.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog