Recent Topics

Ads

SoR change

Let's talk about... everything else
TreefAM

Re: SoR change

Post#61 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:41 am

Shanell wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:36 am I don't see at all how this is a problem either for order of a destro. It's a global problem of addon being useless now.
Players just want to rush solo into a random keep and start crying for an open wb before the siege starts, with the addon up they can't afk in Altdorf while waiting for a siege.

Ads
Nameless

Post#62 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:38 am

Sounds good for me. On live there were ppl famous for scouting and reporting about the enemy movement. The game felt more alive, more realm based, like you are really part of enormous army, where everyone matters much or less. If that change bring some of that, it is worth it
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Orgruk

Post#63 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:41 am

Sounds awesome to me : back to the live era where you had to communicate and have scouts on zones !

Thumbs up for this change !!!
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

lifeson

Post#64 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:22 pm

I like the change.
Don't agree with the op, it is not biased towards a faction (I play order btw)
However, some sort of vague flag on there showing high/medium/low pop for the zone would be nice to save some time deciding where to go.
Otherwise might as well just uninstall the mod and reduce the lag.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#65 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:00 pm

SoR population location made this game alive during off times. Now it's a dead snooze fest outside of prime time. It will cost player base to want to do something better with their time than roam empty lands.

Consider removing the pop numbers only during EU and if needed NA prime times, if that's even something possible to do automated.

Sofong

Post#66 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:00 pm SoR population location made this game alive during off times. Now it's a dead snooze fest outside of prime time. It will cost player base to want to do something better with their time than roam empty lands.

Consider removing the pop numbers only during EU and if needed NA prime times, if that's even something possible to do automated.
exactly this.... off hours normally 50vs50 in 1 zone, now is 15vs15 in 3 difference zones, i guess some ppl enjoy the so called small action.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#67 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Can probably do a compromise with approx player strings instead of numbers on a 5 min update timer, like: "some", "large" , "massive" population etc...
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Kragg

Post#68 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:11 pm

JarlBerzirk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:45 pm
billyk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 pm
JarlBerzirk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:18 pm

Both sides whine and complain. Stop acting like only destro whine when you're literally doing the same thing you claim only the other side does, right now...Order have had 4 straight months of buffs while destro has had that in nerfs...so tell me, which side are the devs really giving into?
Difference is: Destro whines even when they're dominating, Order whines when there is a reason to whine.
Order have been absolutely destroying for 2 months now...youre completely blind if you dont see this. 96% winrate in fort attacking and have started to win cities now as well. And most posts just today are order players whining. So i ask you, are we really playing the same game? Because most of my friends who mained destro have quit because they got tired of being completely stomped by order NA.
Hop on sometimes at EU Prime, the timezone with the highest population numbers. :D
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Lithenir

Post#69 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:55 am
Lithenir wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:24 am
jackripper34 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:21 am nothing to do with order or dessi this change,last 6 hours i see mostly empty rvr maps and people running in the one spot that you see swords,they tend to stay there not knowing if there is more players around,that is exactly what happen,getting lower pop by the hour, as we speak 3 zones open and nothing happen,one spot that they rage rvr and that's it,till now this move it is a disaster.
Since hours there is nothing happening, because 6 hours ago people noticed that the forts are bugged. So nothing serious will happen till the fix is out. Has nothing to with SoR.
That is incorrect, even during prime time the only thing that went down was KV zergfest from destro, an attack that order managed to turn around miraculously with a Keep defence, luckily the Keep was close to their warcamp or it would've been a faceroll before people even got to notice it.
Your defence of this change, which you have promoted, is highly biased.
First of all around 19h Altdorf time the first fortress opened in Reikwald shortly after the second opened in Shining Way.
In Reikwald the doors were bugged - not opening after stage 1 and you also couldn't use the postern as defender. Same happened in Shining Way.
Deffs had to force fortresses into stage 2 at least then the timers were running but doors still broken.
Many people left these fortresses, hoping that the devs could fix it soon, for preparing/attacking KV. With the Announcement from the devs that they cannot fix it right away the majority of people lost motivation for RvR because it has no sense. There was no goal besides smashing each others head.
KV preparing/attack must have started around 19:30/20h altdorf time iirc.

Believe it or not but this is the truth.

As I said in this thread before, I can be wrong with my proposed change but if we don't try it we never find out.

mogt

Post#70 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:56 pm

sullemunk wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:44 pm Can probably do a compromise with approx player strings instead of numbers on a 5 min update timer, like: "some", "large" , "massive" population etc...
nice and cool idea, in my opinion