Recent Topics

Ads

SoR change

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Collision
Posts: 70

Re: SoR change

Post#71 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Best change ever. Now wb/alliance have to communicate ! And that great.

Ads
blondgelockt
Suspended
Posts: 47

Re: SoR change

Post#72 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:00 pm

JarlBerzirk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:27 am
So you mean like you and a couple other new posters to the forum lately? :P
That's your argument? "No U"?

I guess it shows what kind of people like this change then.

Hardkoar
Suspended
Posts: 242

Re: SoR change

Post#73 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Lithenir wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:23 pm
Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:55 am
Lithenir wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:24 am


Since hours there is nothing happening, because 6 hours ago people noticed that the forts are bugged. So nothing serious will happen till the fix is out. Has nothing to with SoR.
That is incorrect, even during prime time the only thing that went down was KV zergfest from destro, an attack that order managed to turn around miraculously with a Keep defence, luckily the Keep was close to their warcamp or it would've been a faceroll before people even got to notice it.
Your defence of this change, which you have promoted, is highly biased.
First of all around 19h Altdorf time the first fortress opened in Reikwald shortly after the second opened in Shining Way.
In Reikwald the doors were bugged - not opening after stage 1 and you also couldn't use the postern as defender. Same happened in Shining Way.
Deffs had to force fortresses into stage 2 at least then the timers were running but doors still broken.
Many people left these fortresses, hoping that the devs could fix it soon, for preparing/attacking KV. With the Announcement from the devs that they cannot fix it right away the majority of people lost motivation for RvR because it has no sense. There was no goal besides smashing each others head.

KV preparing/attack must have started around 19:30/20h altdorf time iirc.

Believe it or not but this is the truth.

As I said in this thread before, I can be wrong with my proposed change but if we don't try it we never find out.
You mean when destro zerged and facerolled their way to both fortresses while Order didn't even know what was happening? Yes. The few of us that actually got to fort ended up getting a free tick / bag out of it and the destro outcry on discord was above 9k.
Kaelang was right beside me when he forced stage two, people did not hope they would fix it soon as Kaelang wrote in both Destro AND Order chats, as well as on Discord that there was no easy/fast fix, it would take time and that a push to city was not gonna happen.
In fact, the decision was made to let fortresses timer run out and gain some extra time out of it.

The issue is not prime time, it's off hours as today for example from 14:00 till now 18:30 as I write this post, it has been an empty game throughout the zones. Destro again facerolling with their 2-3wb's vs barely 1x order scattered.
Shiningway pushed again, while the keep is on fire the war report claims ''Etaine'' is the place to be lmao.

As for testing out the change, there was no need for it, we have it before. People wanted them for a reason, to avoid zergs during prime time enabling guellilla/small scale pvp and to allow people to find fights during off hours.
Now we are back to ninja PVDoor and zerg wave riding or empty lakes.

User avatar
Akalukz
Posts: 1037

Re: SoR change

Post#74 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:07 pm

sullemunk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:44 pm
Can probably do a compromise with approx player strings instead of numbers on a 5 min update timer, like: "some", "large" , "massive" population etc...
This would be helpful. Even on a delay
-= Agony =-

User avatar
Baaldr
Posts: 24

Re: SoR change

Post#75 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Think this change is great! ppl gave up way to easily when they saw that the numbers were not in their favor.

User avatar
Lithenir
Posts: 270

Re: SoR change

Post#76 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:05 pm

Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:36 pm
Lithenir wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:23 pm
Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:55 am
Spoiler:

That is incorrect, even during prime time the only thing that went down was KV zergfest from destro, an attack that order managed to turn around miraculously with a Keep defence, luckily the Keep was close to their warcamp or it would've been a faceroll before people even got to notice it.
Your defence of this change, which you have promoted, is highly biased.
First of all around 19h Altdorf time the first fortress opened in Reikwald shortly after the second opened in Shining Way.
In Reikwald the doors were bugged - not opening after stage 1 and you also couldn't use the postern as defender. Same happened in Shining Way.
Deffs had to force fortresses into stage 2 at least then the timers were running but doors still broken.
Many people left these fortresses, hoping that the devs could fix it soon, for preparing/attacking KV. With the Announcement from the devs that they cannot fix it right away the majority of people lost motivation for RvR because it has no sense. There was no goal besides smashing each others head.

KV preparing/attack must have started around 19:30/20h altdorf time iirc.

Believe it or not but this is the truth.

As I said in this thread before, I can be wrong with my proposed change but if we don't try it we never find out.
You mean when destro zerged and facerolled their way to both fortresses while Order didn't even know what was happening? Yes. The few of us that actually got to fort ended up getting a free tick / bag out of it and the destro outcry on discord was above 9k.
Kaelang was right beside me when he forced stage two, people did not hope they would fix it soon as Kaelang wrote in both Destro AND Order chats, as well as on Discord that there was no easy/fast fix, it would take time and that a push to city was not gonna happen.
In fact, the decision was made to let fortresses timer run out and gain some extra time out of it. [/spoiler]

The issue is not prime time, it's off hours as today for example from 14:00 till now 18:30 as I write this post, it has been an empty game throughout the zones. Destro again facerolling with their 2-3wb's vs barely 1x order scattered.
Shiningway pushed again, while the keep is on fire the war report claims ''Etaine'' is the place to be lmao.

As for testing out the change, there was no need for it, we have it before. People wanted them for a reason, to avoid zergs during prime time enabling guellilla/small scale pvp and to allow people to find fights during off hours.
Now we are back to ninja PVDoor and zerg wave riding or empty lakes.
Your so called Guerilla/small scale pvp was as much happening during prime time yesterday as pre-patch. Meaning it was not really existend. You could go into a more empty zone with a 6-man when the zone was like 0vs10. But after fighting the mostly solo/duo/trio preparer 2-4 times they either left the zone or called big brother and you could see numbers increase up to 2 WBs destro. So small scale parties were also doomed to roam in the zerg zone until another occasion occured. And that was on repeat til the 6-man loggs.

Ninja PvDoor happened before, as we did it multiple times because we don't care about the numbers as much as the rest of the order does. Oh sorry, I was told we "didn't ninja ****" on these keep takes... Destro had just let us take the keeps... Well anyway we had low numbers in the zone and started to siege anyways and got it.
Also ninja PvDoor without numbers also happens because the other faction lets you take it. Everyone should know how RvR works. After a faction reached two stars they are able to spawn a ram and siege the opponents keep. There are no really surprises. If the other faction has two stars in a zone you should be aware that they might siege. Meaning you, as a faction, have every opportunity to stop your opponent. You don't need to see stupid numbers. Besides the numbers make it worse imo because it just demotivates people thinking they cannot do anything because they don't have the numbers. Seeing uncountable times.

I am sorry that my proposal got you out of your comfort zone and you actually have to pretend you are playing a RvR-based MMORPG with 2 factions which actually needs you to communicate with your realm members instead of looking at some numbers.

Hardkoar
Suspended
Posts: 242

Re: SoR change

Post#77 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:52 pm

Spoiler:

Your so called Guerilla/small scale pvp was as much happening during prime time yesterday as pre-patch. Meaning it was not really existend. You could go into a more empty zone with a 6-man when the zone was like 0vs10. But after fighting the mostly solo/duo/trio preparer 2-4 times they either left the zone or called big brother and you could see numbers increase up to 2 WBs destro. So small scale parties were also doomed to roam in the zerg zone until another occasion occured. And that was on repeat til the 6-man loggs.

Ninja PvDoor happened before, as we did it multiple times because we don't care about the numbers as much as the rest of the order does. Oh sorry, I was told we "didn't ninja ****" on these keep takes... Destro had just let us take the keeps... Well anyway we had low numbers in the zone and started to siege anyways and got it.
Also ninja PvDoor without numbers also happens because the other faction lets you take it. Everyone should know how RvR works. After a faction reached two stars they are able to spawn a ram and siege the opponents keep. There are no really surprises. If the other faction has two stars in a zone you should be aware that they might siege. Meaning you, as a faction, have every opportunity to stop your opponent. You don't need to see stupid numbers. Besides the numbers make it worse imo because it just demotivates people thinking they cannot do anything because they don't have the numbers. Seeing uncountable times.

I am sorry that my proposal got you out of your comfort zone and you actually have to pretend you are playing a RvR-based MMORPG with 2 factions which actually needs you to communicate with your realm members instead of looking at some numbers.
[/quote]

Right, so how exactly was SOR population display an issue a hindrance that u wanted it removed so bad if everything was happening with it too?

Your proposal was unnecessary and it only benefited exactly what the type of game play I described above, you might want to look up the description of MMORPG, it mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Not '' lets get social because we are lonely online ''. If you need to make new friends use the /6 channel, don't force everyone to play the way you see fit to suit your needs.

User avatar
whitebeardcz
Posts: 20

Re: SoR change

Post#78 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:00 pm

For me this is worst change in this patch. SoR was usefull, for smaller guilds very usefull. If you don´t have the chance to communicate with bigger ones, then you simply look at SoR and you know what to do. Now it is about searching for enemy. Couple of minutes just running and searching and wondering, if Iam really in active zone or not. For no lifers and nerds may be super, but for someone, who wants to log for couple of minutes and to play intensivly rvr, this is disadvantage and not a good change.
Gudmunnd Silverbeard, RR81 dwarf engineer
Guudmund Bronzebeard, RR60+ dwarf slayer
Guudmundia, RR40+ human bright wizard

Ads
User avatar
JarlBerzirk
Posts: 151

Re: SoR change

Post#79 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Kragg wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:11 pm
JarlBerzirk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:45 pm
billyk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Difference is: Destro whines even when they're dominating, Order whines when there is a reason to whine.
Order have been absolutely destroying for 2 months now...youre completely blind if you dont see this. 96% winrate in fort attacking and have started to win cities now as well. And most posts just today are order players whining. So i ask you, are we really playing the same game? Because most of my friends who mained destro have quit because they got tired of being completely stomped by order NA.
Hop on sometimes at EU Prime, the timezone with the highest population numbers. :D
Would absolutely love to if i didnt work all the time

User avatar
JarlBerzirk
Posts: 151

Re: SoR change

Post#80 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:12 pm

blondgelockt wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:00 pm
JarlBerzirk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:27 am
So you mean like you and a couple other new posters to the forum lately? :P
That's your argument? "No U"?

I guess it shows what kind of people like this change then.
You understand both sides have been advocating for this change for months now correct? How long have you been playing? Fights happened just fine without SoR and fights will continue to happen with it being gone...stop getting so defensive and spouting HURR DURR DESTRO BIAS at every little thing anyone says to you...you're making yourself look ridiculous...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lykenwar1 and 53 guests