Recent Topics

Ads

SoR change

Let's talk about... everything else
AxelF

Re: SoR change

Post#91 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:21 am

I mean, how is my 6 man expected to be able to gank any soloers without being able to see pops. This is an outrage I tell you. An outrage!

Ads
Specialpatrol

Post#92 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:38 am

I like the change.

Sure, SOR was/is a helpful tool in anticipating the opposition's next move etc. But removing the more exact data brings back a bit of the original tactical game, where you could catch the opposition off-guard in a given zone and thus push the campaign forward.

Whenever this team does anything that brings us closer to - rather than further from - the original game, it should be applauded, really. It's a rare event.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

GimmiMoar

Post#93 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:18 am

It's funny how everyone order player saying the like to SoR change isn't in any type of organized wand. It's literally NA prime time on a Saturday night, all there is only ONE organized order Warband compared to 4+ Destro warbands.

I don't care what you all say. This change did NOTHING but benefit the destro side.

Order players are not making any type of warbands, but I guess the devs aren't in-game monitoring that... right?

You ruined this game for me and are pushing many more players away.

Congrats on the game change that killed order.

GimmiMoar

Post#94 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:21 am

I don't know in which timezone you are playing but for EU and as I am playing 95% order I can tell you you are wrong.
Countless times have I seen in order chat "we cant do anything. we dont have the numbers"
Thats why I made the thread "the problem with SoR" and seeing the real time population was just bad for the game.
Now you should be able to do more in small scale and it should dezerg the RvR. Just give it some time and check it out a while
[/quote]

Clearly you have not played since the change. Its been 100% a destro zerg, and order isnt making warbands due to this.

Destro did NOTHING but benefit from this change, while order is suffering.

Thanks for suggesting the SoR change that killed the game for many players- I hope you are happy.

TreefAM

Post#95 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:30 am

Some order players who actually play the game for the fun of RvR ARE making warbands and finding fights, it's just the rest of you zerglings that just want a fast def when you see numbers that suffer.
Why would not seeing the numbers stop order leaders from making their warbands, please explain because it's really hard to understand the pug tears behind this.

Toonman

Post#96 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:01 am

GimmiMoar wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:21 am and order isnt making warbands due to this.
Yea, it's the SOR change. Doesn't have anything to do with order WBs being 10 engis, 10 sw, 3 healers and 1 tank.........

horuson

Post#97 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:08 am

today NA time is good with this SOR change, people fight and try to siege, they dont get demoralized by numbers.

seems like most people complaining after only 1 day of change are also the same that were complaining abour rsh change before even testing it lol and finally most of them are irrelevant lowbies. I dont like the elitist stuff usually but when you look at those crying the most in order chat or destro chat and forum, that keeps telling stupid narrative about bias, zerg or balance are very often players with low experience from retail and RoR, and/or not playing in any organized guild/wb.

WAR was pretty fine without numbers.

you could atleast wait a week or two before asking to remove the change no ?

Dury

Post#98 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:23 am

I like this change - instead of knowing exact numbers and jumping in to specific zones, this brings back the uncertainty/unknown status of enemy realm movements. The AAO and BOs status is a good indicator - however, this brings back need for scouting (stealthers) etc.

I do wonder if we have the population for this robust game play - ignoring the fact that the removal of numbers suddenly makes us all a bit blind compared to what we were used to, which is normal and needs to be adapted to.

Ads
Onigokko0101

Post#99 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:43 am

blondgelockt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:21 pm Now the dominant realm (Des as usual) and the weaker realm (ORder as usual) do some blindfolded boxing with completely obvious outcome. Sometimes I wonder what the devs are thinking. I think you guys are pretty lucky you have a monopoly on PvP MMOs with a strong brand.
Quick question, how is the realm with a 75% overall Fort winrate, and a higher city winrate the weaker realm? Just curious, asking for a friend.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Aethilmar

Post#100 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:08 am

Let's not get too holier than thou here. A lot of folks who like this change are enjoying fast zerg flips with PvD and ganking massively outnumbered defenders as they desperately scramble towards a keep. And, to be clear, I don't really care about this change one way or the other. It doesn't really affect my playstyle.

There are different tradeoffs to be had though. When numbers are even, having a less expressive SoR helps break deadlocks. It also prevents the PvE reinforcements from jumping in at the last second. And those are generally good thing. However, when there is a zerg going it tends to exacerbate it by allowing the more numerous side to more easily snatch zones with little or no opposition i.e. it perversely it tends to reduce the main fight since the undermanned side cannot, in almost all situations, get into position to defend. And since there is literally no counter play that does not involve a keep you are hosed when the AAO is sitting at 60% or higher.

As it stands, I pretty much just tell folks to gank, get their contribution and take the flip since that is how the game rewards are set up anyway. If that's how we want this to go then fine by me as I get more rolls and roughly the same set of fights I'm looking for anyway. OTOH, it is most likely discouraging for some others who buy into the whole "Realm Pride" thing.

Guess we'll see in a couple of weeks once the SH rush calms down.