Recent Topics

Ads

SoR change

Let's talk about... everything else
Mez

Re: SoR change

Post#161 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:13 pm

I like the new change. The old SoR you could quickly say, 'they went to Black Crag.' So you know when the other realm leaves to go defend or something. Despite RoR having strict policies against colluding with an enemy realm, SoR does it for you and in real time. Current state is the best state.

I like seeing AAO and BO's as it gives you an idea of some movement, but you don't know your own realm populations, so, it's just a general idea. Which is kind of cool as you make decisions on hunches or from experience.

Last night I wasted 5 minutes running through DW only to conclude it was empty, but I reported the info in /t4 and went back to the action. It wasn't that painful, and I was scouting, and I only did it once last night. This new system isn't really that brutal. People also have War Report.

I wouldn't bring back too much too fast. But I would maybe look to add some things like the guild claim system where it reports to a guild how many enemies are on a keep (old school daoc/war). This info is only shared if someone is on and chooses to, which gives more dynamics to realm war.
Last edited by Mez on Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#162 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:14 pm

Battlefield information should not be hidden it changes nothing if you turn up and find you are outnumbered you will leave anyway. What a pointless change remove it altogether or reimplement this half way house is more annoying than helpful. It will create a more fluid battlefield model with more spontaneous battles. What brightspark thought that up and what were they smoking at the time. I honestly dont know what people are doing in the dev team seems a bit trial and error and we are guinea pigs. Sor wasnt broke but it sure as hell is now.

TreefAM

Post#163 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:24 pm

I don't see the problem, you can still afk in keeps waiting for a siege, you just need to afk a bit longer :D

lifeson

Post#164 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:36 pm

I thought I liked the change.
But I'm playing less orvr now, especially when I have limited time to play.
Be interested to see if the actual numbers in the lakes have dropped since the change.