Recent Topics

Ads

SoR change

Let's talk about... everything else
GimmiMoar

SoR change

Post#1 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:56 pm

The SoR change was not necessary. Just another way to make sure destro gets wins. Order is just now getting better, and then the devs go and listen to one destro complaint about SoR and its changed the same week in the patch notes.

I mean, how much more are destros going to cry and how much more will the devs continue to give into them?

There are so many order not happy with this change if you read our chat... but does anyone on the dev team care?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: SoR change

Post#2 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Internally there's never been a strong proponent for displaying zone populations. For the most part it was implemented in one way, knowing there would be some concerns with how a real-time population counter affects morale and player behavior.

This change is to explore whether AAO updates are enough information to give you an abstract idea of what population is like in each zone. Without the more granular details of specific populations, we hope to see decisions based on actual battlefield states rather than a real-time population tracker.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

sjemen

Post#3 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm

great changes
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR

Satius

Post#4 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:16 pm

I like this change. I have always said that showing zone population is a legal cheat and must be disable. Happy that developers think the same.

JarlBerzirk

Post#5 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:18 pm

GimmiMoar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:56 pm The SoR change was not necessary. Just another way to make sure destro gets wins. Order is just now getting better, and then the devs go and listen to one destro complaint about SoR and its changed the same week in the patch notes.

I mean, how much more are destros going to cry and how much more will the devs continue to give into them?

There are so many order not happy with this change if you read our chat... but does anyone on the dev team care?
Both sides whine and complain. Stop acting like only destro whine when you're literally doing the same thing you claim only the other side does, right now...Order have had 4 straight months of buffs while destro has had that in nerfs...so tell me, which side are the devs really giving into?

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Now the dominant realm (Des as usual) and the weaker realm (ORder as usual) do some blindfolded boxing with completely obvious outcome. Sometimes I wonder what the devs are thinking. I think you guys are pretty lucky you have a monopoly on PvP MMOs with a strong brand.

Sofong

Post#7 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:24 pm

whats the difference, ppl will do what they usually do anyway, sor was great for 5 rs or so, cant see y have to change it.

billyk

Post#8 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 pm

JarlBerzirk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:18 pm
GimmiMoar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:56 pm The SoR change was not necessary. Just another way to make sure destro gets wins. Order is just now getting better, and then the devs go and listen to one destro complaint about SoR and its changed the same week in the patch notes.

Both sides whine and complain. Stop acting like only destro whine when you're literally doing the same thing you claim only the other side does, right now...Order have had 4 straight months of buffs while destro has had that in nerfs...so tell me, which side are the devs really giving into?
Difference is: Destro whines even when they're dominating, Order whines when there is a reason to whine.

Ads
JarlBerzirk

Post#9 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:45 pm

billyk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 pm
JarlBerzirk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:18 pm

Difference is: Destro whines even when they're dominating, Order whines when there is a reason to whine.
Order have been absolutely destroying for 2 months now...youre completely blind if you dont see this. 96% winrate in fort attacking and have started to win cities now as well. And most posts just today are order players whining. So i ask you, are we really playing the same game? Because most of my friends who mained destro have quit because they got tired of being completely stomped by order NA.

normanis

Post#10 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:20 pm

i think removed sor numbers is best patch. atherwise rvr was not playable . ppl looked on numbers and ef they have + 2 than noone even scratched dorrs
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"