Recent Topics

Ads

SoR change

Let's talk about... everything else
GimmiMoar

Re: SoR change

Post#11 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:26 pm

normanis wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:20 pm i think removed sor numbers is best patch. atherwise rvr was not playable . ppl looked on numbers and ef they have + 2 than noone even scratched dorrs
You are wrong. You cleary play destro. Order pushes zones even without numbers. Destro wont push a zone unless they have double the order numbers.

Ads
carthagerising

Post#12 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:29 pm

just curious, why is this change specifically going to **** order?

as for the change itself it is indeed painful and is requiring some adjustment but has been badly needed in the game for a long time. its way too much to have insane radar in this game and know exactly where people are in the game. now hopefully after some adjustment we will have more surprises in the game.

but yeah its painful, but its for the best.

normanis

Post#13 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:34 pm

GimmiMoar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:26 pm
normanis wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:20 pm i think removed sor numbers is best patch. atherwise rvr was not playable . ppl looked on numbers and ef they have + 2 than noone even scratched dorrs
You are wrong. You cleary play destro. Order pushes zones even without numbers. Destro wont push a zone unless they have double the order numbers.
;) depends on time zone about pushes. we all are too much adopted to sor addon and cant live without it. because now we feel like trowed out of boat. byt its just make ppl communicate to get tracking allie wb, what zone are they and ppl have fingers to write in global chat ''' destro inc'' or arrived in zone
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Lithenir

Post#14 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:39 pm

I don't know in which timezone you are playing but for EU and as I am playing 95% order I can tell you you are wrong.
Countless times have I seen in order chat "we cant do anything. we dont have the numbers"
Thats why I made the thread "the problem with SoR" and seeing the real time population was just bad for the game.
Now you should be able to do more in small scale and it should dezerg the RvR. Just give it some time and check it out a while

Kragg

Post#15 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:46 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:39 pm
I don't know in which timezone you are playing but for EU and as I am playing 95% order I can tell you you are wrong.
Countless times have I seen in order chat "we cant do anything. we dont have the numbers"
Thats why I made the thread "the problem with SoR" and seeing the real time population was just bad for the game.
Now you should be able to do more in small scale and it should dezerg the RvR. Just give it some time and check it out a while
But now the goal will be like it was before; warbands will go out of their way to avoid fighting and push zones fast for forts and city. It will be like the dreaded PvE-Door days. People want easy, and in case of a zerg like tonight. They have so many more people that they can take two zones and the same time without the other being able to put up more then one defense. And with no respawn in the keeps, keeps will be empty. Log on, and see it happen.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Zilinia

Post#16 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:48 pm

I think this change is garbage because it does nothing good for the servers population, so this change do I think not will help the server at all ;D

Hugatsaga

Post#17 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:56 pm

I like this change. I'm not an expert when it comes to zone pushing but I feel like this is probably correct solution when it comes to walking a fine line between too much and too little information since apparently too much info leads to highter chance of ppl giving up pushing zones without even trying and too little information makes it hard to find good fights.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Lithenir

Post#18 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:11 pm

Kragg wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:46 pm
Lithenir wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:39 pm

But now the goal will be like it was before; warbands will go out of their way to avoid fighting and push zones fast for forts and city. It will be like the dreaded PvE-Door days. People want easy, and in case of a zerg like tonight. They have so many more people that they can take two zones and the same time without the other being able to put up more then one defense. And with no respawn in the keeps, keeps will be empty. Log on, and see it happen.
They could siege two zones at the same time with population showing and order couldn't do anything about it because "we dont have the numbers". So please tell me where the difference is.
You can see nearly everything in SoR including AAO and the keep process. So you can pretend where the enemy would be sieging by just looking at the numbers.
And ofc destro now has even more ppl because everyone wants to see how the new SH works.

Don't forget it's just a test for a week now, just try it out a little bit. And I am online since around 2 hours and see it. It's like always just without you see the population.
I still think it could help the game and dezerg it. Just give it more time than just a couple hours.

Ads
volantis

Post#19 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:16 pm

The problem now is Order is just noping out because they see 200% aao

Kyraith

Post#20 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:19 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm Internally there's never been a strong proponent for displaying zone populations. For the most part it was implemented in one way, knowing there would be some concerns with how a real-time population counter affects morale and player behavior.

This change is to explore whether AAO updates are enough information to give you an abstract idea of what population is like in each zone. Without the more granular details of specific populations, we hope to see decisions based on actual battlefield states rather than a real-time population tracker.
AAO is nice, but you will probably want to consider additional non-granular and non-realm specific gauges such as “light” and “heavy” pop to go with the AAO.

I am excited to see what additional scouting and coordination comes out of this, but that burden is placed on the defenders, not the attackers.

My fear is that the biggest winner from this change is the zerg.
Kiyon - RR 81 Swordmaster of Hoeth