Recent Topics

Ads

Scenarios misery

Let's talk about... everything else
Gurf

Re: Scenarios misery

Post#51 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:09 pm

Or maybe do a Premade weekly event as well as a Pug one, with slightly better rewards for the Premade one.

Personally I generally don't bother with them very often, as usually Premade vs Pug is boring

Ads
Jusva321

Post#52 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:25 pm

we have this post every weekend so .... can we try to make the weekend sc a pug one just one time ?

or look ad what you need to do to get that one crafting item or rr pot hard to get 100 kills if the last 10 sc your pug got 0 vs the full solv 2 premades

lyncher12

Post#53 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:35 pm

pug talabec dam warfront please

Sofong

Post#54 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:35 pm

fact is sc envoirment very unhealthy, always end up 1 sided stomping, grp or no grp.

liwop

Post#55 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:47 pm

I play RoR for 2 months now and SC is an unpleasant experience a majority of time.
When we ding lvl 40 with a full premade group we just stop doing SC with our annilator toons. Every 80+ just insta delete you.
The problem is that we are the people we need the most to catch up RR and gear but you cant do it.
Guess i will enjoy SC & noob farming when i will be 80+ sov myself.

CountTalabecland

Post#56 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:05 pm

blondgelockt wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:47 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:24 pm Reroll a Wl or Slayer if you want to dps, WL more so if you want to solo DPS. Or play WP or Knight and you’ll be wanted in all grps. SM, IB, and RP are also near meta.

Warrior Priest might be the all around easiest Pug class since your heals and tankiness bring a lot of value to any group. Trying to make it alone in this game as an RDPS is about as fun as sticking your **** in an electrical outlet.
Yeah man, just stop playing if you're not playing the very narrow order meta. That's the solution for this game.

Some of you people... seriously. Unfortunately, the people in charge obviously really see it this way.
It is what it is, take it or leave it. Order meta is narrow. Either play hard mode by rolling weak classes or find a grp that will help you. Sorry I don’t want easy mode where my competition is hard capped by the devs so I can roll solo on my legolas roleplay and be viable in a grp based combat game.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

mathousalix6

Post#57 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:06 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:05 pm
blondgelockt wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:47 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:24 pm Reroll a Wl or Slayer if you want to dps, WL more so if you want to solo DPS. Or play WP or Knight and you’ll be wanted in all grps. SM, IB, and RP are also near meta.

Warrior Priest might be the all around easiest Pug class since your heals and tankiness bring a lot of value to any group. Trying to make it alone in this game as an RDPS is about as fun as sticking your **** in an electrical outlet.
Yeah man, just stop playing if you're not playing the very narrow order meta. That's the solution for this game.

Some of you people... seriously. Unfortunately, the people in charge obviously really see it this way.
It is what it is, take it or leave it. Order meta is narrow. Either play hard mode by rolling weak classes or find a grp that will help you. Sorry I don’t want easy mode where my competition is hard capped by the devs so I can roll solo on my legolas roleplay and be viable in a grp based combat game.
Excuse me sir, but I want to play the "shittiest" class and fight against something equal. I dont want to feel that I will never win a scenario but that there are chances. And fighting something equal means fighting something that it is not organized

mathousalix6

Post#58 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:08 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:50 am
Nishka wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:44 pm
jennahazee wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:34 pm

B-but... what will be left for sov premades in that case? Doubt they will be glad to fight each other.
What if you do want to play the event sc with your friends/guilldmates though.
Better solution would be pug and non-pug versions of the same sc, as it has been proposed many times
Event scenarios will lean into the intended path of the game. Group up. It's not a pug scen.
If the game is intended for group play then why don't you completely remove solo queue from scenarios?...

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#59 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:15 pm

mathousalix6 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:08 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:50 am
Nishka wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:44 pm

What if you do want to play the event sc with your friends/guilldmates though.
Better solution would be pug and non-pug versions of the same sc, as it has been proposed many times
Event scenarios will lean into the intended path of the game. Group up. It's not a pug scen.
If the game is intended for group play then why don't you completely remove solo queue from scenarios?...
Baby steps?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

kmark101

Post#60 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:18 pm

I like PuG scenarios a lot because it's always entertaining to see that what class setups are happening out of control. It's great fun but only if both sides have this.

When one side has a sweaty 2-2-2 double-DoK premade you can form all your made-up six mans as you want, you still have zero chance. Now the tendency of these premades is to play for 6-8 hours a day, making it an unpleasant experience for everyone (even themselves, it's not fun to stomp pugs after a bit, we usually just disband our preamde or go roaming to orvr when we keep facing pugs only for a couple SCs).

Playing PuG SC has the magical "anything can happen" factor, thats why so many people like it, despite that they could form and play optimized parties. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker