Ads

Scenarios misery

Let's talk about... everything else
Hardkoar
Suspended

Re: Scenarios misery

Post#61 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:34 pm

mathousalix6 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:08 pm
If the game is intended for group play then why don't you completely remove solo queue from scenarios?...

Who am I gonna farm then?
Spoiler:

Ads
blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#62 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:00 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:05 pm It is what it is, take it or leave it. Order meta is narrow. Either play hard mode by rolling weak classes or find a grp that will help you. Sorry I don’t want easy mode where my competition is hard capped by the devs so I can roll solo on my legolas roleplay and be viable in a grp based combat game.
Lol, are you okay?

nuadarstark

Post#63 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:22 am

No matter what you set up and what you do system-wise, you'll always run into issues. Why?

Cause if no one plays support classes, the 6 engis and 5 whs won't win against absolute destro solo q garbage either. They just won't. And for some reason on Order side, you rarely get into balanced or close to balanced groups in solo q these days (mostly cause the realm is filled with solo pew pew mentality people again).

So in the end just get your own group, either in /g, /a or /5, it will increase your chances greatly. It's not that hard, even among the normal players. There are tons of little remnants of small, dead or near dead guilds that will be more than happy to join you. Can't get into a group cause of your class/spec (ie you're an solo Engi, WH or loldps AM), then I'm sorry but you're better off re-rolling in general or finding a spec that is better for group play. Sucks but that's the reality.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Talladego

Post#64 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:30 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:15 pm
mathousalix6 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:08 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:50 am

Event scenarios will lean into the intended path of the game. Group up. It's not a pug scen.
If the game is intended for group play then why don't you completely remove solo queue from scenarios?...
Baby steps?
If so it's pretty much game over for ppl like myself who neither have the time nor the interest in forming or joining premades.
You get what you pay for I guess.

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#65 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 am

Talladego wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:30 am If so it's pretty much game over for ppl like myself who neither have the time nor the interest in forming or joining premades.
Apparently, that's the way it is. Sad to see my once-favorite game go that way.

Ysaran

Post#66 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:18 am

blondgelockt wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 am
Talladego wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:30 am If so it's pretty much game over for ppl like myself who neither have the time nor the interest in forming or joining premades.
Apparently, that's the way it is. Sad to see my once-favorite game go that way.
Maybe it's because of the time slot I play, but as far as I remember it has always been like this
Zputadenti

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#67 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:25 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:22 am No matter what you set up and what you do system-wise, you'll always run into issues. Why?

Cause if no one plays support classes, the 6 engis and 5 whs won't win against absolute destro solo q garbage either. They just won't. And for some reason on Order side, you rarely get into balanced or close to balanced groups in solo q these days (mostly cause the realm is filled with solo pew pew mentality people again).

So in the end just get your own group, either in /g, /a or /5, it will increase your chances greatly. It's not that hard, even among the normal players. There are tons of little remnants of small, dead or near dead guilds that will be more than happy to join you. Can't get into a group cause of your class/spec (ie you're an solo Engi, WH or loldps AM), then I'm sorry but you're better off re-rolling in general or finding a spec that is better for group play. Sucks but that's the reality.
Are you really trying to sell the idea that Pug wont win vs Pug because people don't play support, therefor they should just accept to get farmed by premades :D :D :D :?:

nuadarstark

Post#68 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:38 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:25 pm
nuadarstark wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:22 am No matter what you set up and what you do system-wise, you'll always run into issues. Why?

Are you really trying to sell the idea that Pug wont win vs Pug because people don't play support, therefor they should just accept to get farmed by premades :D :D :D :?:
Nope, you're putting your own biases into my text.

I'm saying you should just try group up in all cases, as even with completely solo q Weekend Warfront brackets (if they would be created by the dev team), you'd get into 9 dps scenario groups that you still have zero chance of winning more often than not. Even against incompetent Destro solo q, as long as they have more balanced group than you do.

People barely play support classes/builds anymore and even less of the ones that do play SCs. But over last 2 WWs, the amount of times I got into near no tank/heal or outright no tank/heal (aside from me) SCs on the Order side has been staggering. Dunno of it's the fairly recent engineer changes, but nearly everyone seems to be playing them or some sort of a "solo warrior" build now. Hell I had 1 tank, 11 engineers SC this weekend.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#69 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:48 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:02 pm 1) It's a game, many play to have fun, log in and queue for 30m /1h and log off. They don't need to get better at the game, they play to de-stress from real life and getting farmed by try-hards is hardly an incentive to queue.
If play for fun just queue the .PUG sc and enjoy vs other pugs.

instead, OP want the rewards behind the weekly event, so its not "only for fun"...its for the reward. dunno whats the problem in put some effort (lol /5 forming grp) if you expect a reward...

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#70 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:10 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:48 pm
Hardkoar wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:02 pm 1) It's a game, many play to have fun, log in and queue for 30m /1h and log off. They don't need to get better at the game, they play to de-stress from real life and getting farmed by try-hards is hardly an incentive to queue.
If play for fun just queue the .PUG sc and enjoy vs other pugs.

instead, OP want the rewards behind the weekly event, so its not "only for fun"...its for the reward. dunno whats the problem in put some effort (lol /5 forming grp) if you expect a reward...
You would know if you ever pugged in your life with a class that is not welcome in the 2-2-2. I don't know what the OP plays him, and many others (literally every week end someone comes and makes a similar post, imagine how many don't even bother with it), have issues with it.
The problem is a fact. For you to just discard it '' CuZ LoOk mA' I hAvE A pReMAdE AnD I dOnT cArE bOuT aNyOnE ELse'' is just a blatant selfish behavior.