Recent Topics

Ads

Who's next?

Let's talk about... everything else
Pkunk

Re: Who's next?

Post#51 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:36 am

Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:42 pm I'm just happy with more flat number increase on the dmg of WH, don't touch anything else, thanks.
I play mainly WE now and I agree with this. Feel like it works well for solo assassin playstyle, with plenty of specs and gear
choices so it don't get stale. The last stealth change was just what was needed and its fine now. Only thing I would like
changed is the timer on postern bypass. 30 sec would be nice so you don't have to just stand and wait after you get past
outer walls. The wait does not add anything to the gameplay.

Ads
Earthcake

Post#52 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:53 am

As far as IB is concerned, the problem isn t armor stacking in my oppinion, it is that IB is the only class in the game having to spend 46% (best case scenario, in reality it s much more than that) of it s time buffing ppl, not doing anything else (if u wanna keep all buffs that are not tied to attacks with a 100% uptime).

So u may look at IBs skills and say "oh, that s VERY strong, IBs do not need any buff!", but u r forgetting that the IB is only using these skills half the time compared to other classes, and that s a HUGE difference.
If u r using skills only half the time, then they shld be stronger than other classes skills, period. Problem is balancing this so that IBs do not get overpowered...

Gurf

Post#53 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:26 am

Some basic fixes would be nice, for example making speed training default on the White Lion without it needing a tactic is an obvious change, without the tactic the Lion can't even keep up when you are mounted or to give half a chance to fetch, so you have to use a tactic slot to even make the Lion half viable, which should be innate. Then you have to use another tactic if you want the Lion to receive group heals, which should also be innate.

Giving IB's the ability to gain Grudge on hit should be possible without tactic, as every IB has to slot that effectively meaning they only have 3 tactic slots while I believe it is built into the Black Guard.

I'm sure there are other classes with tactics which should be built into the class mechanic itself

Twohandernoob

Post#54 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:30 am

Gurf wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:26 am Some basic fixes would be nice, for example making speed training default on the White Lion without it needing a tactic is an obvious change, without the tactic the Lion can't even keep up when you are mounted or to give half a chance to fetch, so you have to use a tactic slot to even make the Lion half viable, which should be innate. Then you have to use another tactic if you want the Lion to receive group heals, which should also be innate.

Giving IB's the ability to gain Grudge on hit should be possible without tactic, as every IB has to slot that effectively meaning they only have 3 tactic slots while I believe it is built into the Black Guard.

I'm sure there are other classes with tactics which should be built into the class mechanic itself
Like +50% crit damage to stealth assassination classes. Indeed.

Sundowner

Post#55 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:53 am

Making +50% runspeed tactic for WL passive is great idea tho. Almost all utility is tied to the pet and without this tactic it is completely useless. for comparison:

kd- requires pet to be in melee range. Squig does not need pet for kd, can pounce+kd instantly
pull- needs pet to be in melee range, mara pull- can be casted from range

Atropik

Post#56 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:20 pm

Sundowner wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:53 am pull- needs pet to be in melee range, mara pull- can be casted from range
ok, 65 ft 2 sec animated cast time pull for WL pet, with check on Disrupt, sold.
Nicelook | Obey

Sulorie

Post#57 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:22 pm

kmark101 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:53 pm
Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:48 pm Are you sure you are not making this up? I've never felt such issue and I've never had problem dealing damage, even with my SH (before change)
Why would I make this up? :) This is irrelevant from factions or classes.
You just hit the wrong targets. Players become tough because groups buff and support each other. There are several armor debuffs to even stack with each other on top of armor penetration. When you deal low dmg against robe/light armor classes, then it's not because of armor pots but because of certain buffs/debuffs and teamplay.
Dying is no option.

Sundowner

Post#58 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Atropik wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:20 pm
Sundowner wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:53 am pull- needs pet to be in melee range, mara pull- can be casted from range
ok, 65 ft 2 sec animated cast time pull for WL pet, with check on Disrupt, sold.
wl pet checks on parry. if lion speed tactic is not equipped lion won't even reach target. with speed tactic two skills are not exactly equal, but stand on roughly the same level. difference is, with wl u need tactic slot, with mara you dont :P

Ads
Gurf

Post#59 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Atropik wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:20 pm
Well the pet has all sorts of pathing issues, and can be cc'd and killed. The fact that it relies on pet at all means you never even get to use the pull in any big RVR or City Play as Lion is insta killed. Even in 6v6 Lion is pretty useless as it is a free way for a DOK to generate its Essence
If you had to use a tactic to make the Mara pull even half viable would you bother with it? Maybe some would but you would sure miss that other tactic you could possibly use. Maybe when the Guardian WL was OP they needed to limit its tactical options but since it has been continually nerfed and now can barely do much except Spin around in circles doing aoe a small change like making the pet speed tactic passive it could go a long way to helping its quality of life and providing variation in its builds, without doing anything to improve its aoe build.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#60 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:17 pm

Sundowner wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:35 am
Nishka wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:43 am
Mystry wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:57 am

Correct. Light armor should get squished in melee. Under no circumstances should a sorcerer/bright wizard/shaman/archmage/other light armor wearer be able to sit there and tank being hit in the face with an axe or sword because a potion makes their robes harder than diamond.

Also bring WH/WE up to medium armor.
This can work both ways. Under no circumstances should a mara/choppa/WE be able to keep going after being hit in the face with molten plasma
Have u seen ranged dmg? it much much much more than melee
This is not true. MDPS deals more damage than RDPS. That's why we have melee trains.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld