Recent Topics

Ads

Who's next?

Let's talk about... everything else
CeeJay89

Re: Who's next?

Post#11 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:26 pm

Sponn wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:09 pm I would like to see WH get poisons considering the orginal vision for the two classes was the WH could finish at a semi range with the gun while WE had poisons but they gave WE a 25ft finisher on live which carried over to here with all the other changes but WH are kind of left in the dust?

Also maybe give both WH and WE a tactic high in a tree like "You deal 90% of your total dmg, 60% of it on your main target but you deal the remaining 30% dmg to 9 enemies within 25 feet of your original target."

I dunno
I disagree. There needs to be more variety in this game than "spec AoE, join warband and mash".

Personally I think they need to make single target specs either hit much harder, or nerf AoE specs considerably. The fact that AoE does nearly as much damage as single target is silly.

The problem with empowering single target specs is that people cry a river in smallscale, and then the specs are completely useless for largescale. If I had my way, which I probably never will, there should be more powerful single target specs to more efficiently deal with healers; hit groups if you will. It would give those individuals a purpose in largescale, and would also remedy the plague that is healers and DPS healers in smallscale. Healers are way too effective and efficient in this game for little effort, and it shouldn't take 3 or 4 DPS 20s of beating on one with a 75% heal debuff just to kill one (a geared one), Guarded or otherwise.

Ads
Jabba

Post#12 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Gurf wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:25 pm DPS Rune Priest and Zealot should be next.

They shouldn't do anything which touches their healing at all as right now that is in a good place and balanced, just some tweaks to a few things to make the DPS specs at least slightly viable
So, any rework will most certainly affect their healing.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Atropik

Post#13 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:33 pm

I vote for sorc, it cant be any worse.
Nicelook | Obey

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#14 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:09 pm

Jabba wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:10 pm Whoever it is, I'm pretty sure whoever plays that class is terrified.
Being targeted for changes at this point is like making a wish to an evil genie who will find a way to twist your words and corrupt your wish in the end.

Whyumadbro

Post#15 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:13 pm

I would wish that 2h Slayer / Choppa would get some attention or maybe a slight rework because they sacrifice to much dmg to get more dmg

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:16 pm

Sorc aoe has some low hanging fruit
2h specs for Slayer and Choppa could use some work
Sham/AM has been on the list for a while, but their mechanic requires a fair amount of coding
DPS RP/z would probably result in reworking their mastery trees entirely

Not in any particular order. Two week guarantee as per usual.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Nezeb

Post#17 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:22 pm

2H Kotbs he ugly

Twohandernoob

Post#18 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:59 pm

Need to buff we/wh ST spec.

Someone has to deal with immortal healers right?

+ 50% crit damage dmg as base for class will get them half way there. Then for WH increase str contribution to executions and make BAL elemental damage (its fire c'mon)

Ads
Nishka
Suspended

Post#19 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:05 pm

I hope KOTBS gets a rework. We've been promised a rework since like... Forever. Even got a glimpse of the new class mechanic interface at some point
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Fenris78

Post#20 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:16 pm DPS RP/z would probably result in reworking their mastery trees entirely
TBF, I think simply replacing all heals in one tree, all damage in another and all "mixed" shield/support in a third should be a very good start to begin with.

The main issue with RP/Zealot being abilities all over the place and not logically allocated unlike every other class.
Devs from Mythic thought it will be original to not be like other 2 healers, resulting in a big mess of masteries.

I'm working on a first pass for skill allocation (no really big change yet) but I'll wait a bit for the heat of SH rework to steam off before submitting... :p