Recent Topics

Ads

Who's next?

Let's talk about... everything else
Atropik

Re: Who's next?

Post#31 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:07 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:06 am I've said for years that armor potions need to be removed from the game. Probably nerf armor talismans too.
So any light armor class should stay with negative dmg mitigation when fighting mara/wl? Got you!
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#32 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:08 am

Atropik wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:07 am
Mystry wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:06 am I've said for years that armor potions need to be removed from the game. Probably nerf armor talismans too.
So any light armor class should stay with negative dmg mitigation when fighting mara/wl? Got you!
I, for one, welcome our new tank overlords. :lol:

Sulorie

Post#33 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:14 am

Atropik wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:07 am
Maybe some formula bugs out, if you go negativ and those classes become invincible. ^^
Dying is no option.

XsorrowerX

Post#34 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:12 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:06 am
kmark101 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:51 am I think instead of certain classes, the one who need most help right now are physical damage classes. Armor meta totally pushed them out of any options or possible future changes.

Armor potions, armor values of items,armor talismans, armor debuffs, armor penetrations, along this line. Numbers should be tweaked on these, before any other class balance change, because most classes would be totally fine if their numerical values of their skills would be tweaked a little bit.
I've said for years that armor potions need to be removed from the game. Probably nerf armor talismans too.
How am I going to make gold? =P

Sulorie

Post#35 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:15 am

XsorrowerX wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:12 am
Mystry wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:06 am
kmark101 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:51 am I think instead of certain classes, the one who need most help right now are physical damage classes. Armor meta totally pushed them out of any options or possible future changes.

Armor potions, armor values of items,armor talismans, armor debuffs, armor penetrations, along this line. Numbers should be tweaked on these, before any other class balance change, because most classes would be totally fine if their numerical values of their skills would be tweaked a little bit.
I've said for years that armor potions need to be removed from the game. Probably nerf armor talismans too.
How am I going to make gold? =P
Sell ressurection.
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Post#36 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 am

Never really got this "armor meta" issue. I've never got problem dealing damage, even with tank
Zputadenti

kmark101

Post#37 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:23 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 am Never really got this "armor meta" issue. I've never got problem dealing damage, even with tank
It's a massive issue, mostly caused by the "overflow" armor of armor potions on the top level gear's increased armor values. Because of such high value, flat value armor debuff skills are not working anymore and these are backbone of most physical damage classes. IB is a fine example: while you could do great under conq level gear, against sov level gear you are tickling because of the high armor values. Decreasing the armor value of each item is silly and time consuming, the easiest solution would be to remove armor potions from the game as that 660 armor value is typical problem that causes the overflow.

Compare physical mitigation levels to magic damage mitigation, and you can see that the gap is bigger than ever, which pushes the balance to the advantage of magical dps dealing classes (or classes that have armor ignore skills) vs the classes who rely on armor debuff to do damage. So it's quite hard to balance the classes if the very basic difference is this big, hence armor meta need to be fixed first, because then you could see that actually a lot less classes need to be balanced, they work fine, they operate fine.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ysaran

Post#38 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:48 pm

kmark101 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:23 pm
Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 am Never really got this "armor meta" issue. I've never got problem dealing damage, even with tank
It's a massive issue, mostly caused by the "overflow" armor of armor potions on the top level gear's increased armor values. Because of such high value, flat value armor debuff skills are not working anymore and these are backbone of most physical damage classes. IB is a fine example: while you could do great under conq level gear, against sov level gear you are tickling because of the high armor values. Decreasing the armor value of each item is silly and time consuming, the easiest solution would be to remove armor potions from the game as that 660 armor value is typical problem that causes the overflow.

Compare physical mitigation levels to magic damage mitigation, and you can see that the gap is bigger than ever, which pushes the balance to the advantage of magical dps dealing classes (or classes that have armor ignore skills) vs the classes who rely on armor debuff to do damage. So it's quite hard to balance the classes if the very basic difference is this big, hence armor meta need to be fixed first, because then you could see that actually a lot less classes need to be balanced, they work fine, they operate fine.
Are you sure you are not making this up? I've never felt such issue and I've never had problem dealing damage, even with my SH (before change)
Zputadenti

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#39 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:49 pm

Please no more reworks
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

CountTalabecland

Post#40 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:50 pm

Slayer is 100% fine, please don't rework us.

Same goes for IB, ok maybe another mini-rework but thats it!
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.