Recent Topics

Ads

Is Magus really useless in high-level ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Crumbs

Re: Is Magus really useless in high-level ?

Post#21 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Panodil wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:46 am As officer in a guild, i would not recruit a Magus ever. I would allow one of the trusted dps to roll Magus and if they perform equal i dont mind.
Same on both sides, would not trust a engie
”main”
Good dps players is what guilds want, those are rare. class dont really matter but with experience good dps dont play engie and magus because they are so immobile.
Nah
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
Starx

Post#22 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:06 pm

tejas69 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:48 am Hi there ! I just reached lvl 40 with my Magus, and I really like this class. But then when I began to look for PVE and open PVP groups or apply with guilds, and most of the time they told me Magus are not the best and refused without any further test.

This is not my first MMO, so I understand some classes or spec are not meant for all situations. Could you please tell me what kind of games are "better" for Magus, PVE, open PVP, SC, and with wich spec ?
Its been explained to death why magus doesn't perform as well, devs don't see it that way so don't expect any big changes although from some recent patch notes someone on the team is trying to give us and engineer a little something. It pretty much boils down to the pet, and the fact you deal half damage without it, and how easy it is to die, and how much of a pain in the ass it is to move around even if its not dead.

Perfect situation magus has the best single target delayed/timestamp damage on destro, but thats sitting out 100+ ft with your pet with LoS and no one near to 2 shot your pet or put pressure on you. Even if the magus pet was invincible I don't think they would have the AoE damage to compete against other destro classes in city, sure you can scum amazing scoreboard DPS but the reality is a sorc is just dealing more impactful damage.

I play magus in a pretty decent NA guild, like people have said I can get away with it because these guys know me and been around for years. Would I be doing better on sorc? Of course, no question. But this game is about having fun and most cities me being on magus instead of sorc doesn't really matter. As for you looking into getting into group or guilds as a fresh/new guy ya they arent going to want you on a magus, you need to play healer/tank to get in easily, and if guilds are looking for DPS they want meta city DPS classes.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#23 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:36 pm

Lets put is this way: yes, magus doesn't deal the same damage as sorc under other-than-perfect circumstances.
But do you really want a class with pretty much all forms of cc available in the game to deal the same damage as the class who sacrifices survivibility and nearly all cc for damage? Don't you see a problem with that?
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Crumbs

Post#24 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:12 pm

Like I've said before magus is THE single highest aoe damage dealer in the game in BIS. Nothing will match it in city. In open rvr that changes a little
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

ChicagoJoe

Post#25 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:47 pm

Magus can be REALLY strong in an organized city wb and can top the chart in kills. Seen it many times. Sometimes they are the biggest threat. The issue for you is that WBs will only look for one, as some of their AOE damage doesn't stack like melee stacks, and they will probably be more geared and experienced than you for now but maybe you are the future GOAT some day so play what you enjoy.

The class requires a lot of skill and pet management. They tend to have some better tools for survivability in city too than Engis because kegs take too long to drop and a stationary engi that is landing deathblows in a city gets spotted targeted and killed pretty quickly.

I think destro may look for city meta more than order which is why order gets farmed so much in city.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.