Recent Topics

Ads

Is Magus really useless in high-level ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Gurf

Re: Is Magus really useless in high-level ?

Post#11 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:12 am

You know on Order people generally play what they like and most guilds will take an active player no matter the class, do guilds really not want you if you play a Magus?

Ads
Panodil

Post#12 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:46 am

As officer in a guild, i would not recruit a Magus ever. I would allow one of the trusted dps to roll Magus and if they perform equal i dont mind.
Same on both sides, would not trust a engie
”main”
Good dps players is what guilds want, those are rare. class dont really matter but with experience good dps dont play engie and magus because they are so immobile.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Przepraszam

Post#13 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:57 am

Panodil wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:46 am As officer in a guild, i would not recruit a Magus ever. I would allow one of the trusted dps to roll Magus and if they perform equal i dont mind.
Same on both sides, would not trust a engie
”main”
Good dps players is what guilds want, those are rare. class dont really matter but with experience good dps dont play engie and magus because they are so immobile.
I didn't know they are "so" immobile, can u explain why??
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Panodil

Post#14 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:10 pm

If you move you lose damagestacks.
Its all about dps, ofc utility is good, but not if you do 50% less damage than any other dps
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#15 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:29 pm

XsorrowerX wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:08 am It's so amusing to see threads like this and then in another thread see people saying destro need range dps and that magus is one of the only viable ones. So, which is it?
Both. Magus is an amazing class, both solo roaming and withing warbands. The issue is that most guilds want the cookie cutter 2-2-2, the 2 in the dps spots are either Mara/Choppa or Slayer/WL, any other dps class is mostly refused. This sometimes extends to pvE , Scenarios etc.

To the OP: Just find a guild that is not filled with meta riding noobs and they'll love to have you, the class is really good and strong

Panodil

Post#16 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Guilds recruit archetype players, dps are a hard spot to get, need to prove yourself before recruitment compared to other archetypes
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Glorian

Post#17 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:29 pm
XsorrowerX wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:08 am It's so amusing to see threads like this and then in another thread see people saying destro need range dps and that magus is one of the only viable ones. So, which is it?
Both. Magus is an amazing class, both solo roaming and withing warbands. The issue is that most guilds want the cookie cutter 2-2-2, the 2 in the dps spots are either Mara/Choppa or Slayer/WL, any other dps class is mostly refused. This sometimes extends to pvE , Scenarios etc.

To the OP: Just find a guild that is not filled with meta riding noobs and they'll love to have you, the class is really good and strong
The only problem is then that the 2 tanks and 2 healers also aren't in the cookie cutter specs. ;)

On Magus:
Great ST magic damage to kill anything you target. Not only squishies. Also you aren't hinderered by the armor arms race. Great AOE Damage also, but as said Top guilds will not take you to a Premade WB. Maximum the one Rift Magus.

It is pretty much the same on Order with Engis. There are several top Engis that could put out the same AoE Damage as a slayer. Sadly their damage doesn't stack like on a Slayer. Still the armies of Engi noobs repell some warbands to take them as a main DPS. We tried this is in the past and it needs the warband to change its playstyle and get more a jumping approach to make stops for turrets, stacks, and remount. Something you doesn't need to do on a pure Melee Train WArband.

Conclusion:
Get yourself an RDPs friend, Sorc or Better another Magus and experience assisted target melting.

carthagerising

Post#18 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:37 pm

magus are outstanding and i personally love them and will always be happy to have one in my city wbs and possibly more out in orvr.

The whole line about them being bad is frankly from noobs who dont know a good thing when they see it. Its absolute garbage and the class can do wonders in city and other types of game play. Does it have its problems? sure it does like many classes and yeah it does take a certain type of player to get the most out of it but when u do get a good one they are an immense asset to the team. hell the wither proc alone makes them worth their weight in gold in stages 2 and 3 of city and the large dps they can bring is always nice.

Dont listen to the ppl claiming they are poor, they simply havent found a good one or are stuck in old beliefs. Destro can also certainly use more good ranged firepower out in the lakes and forts.
Carthage 91 Chosen
Macedonia 83 Kotbs

Ads
paperclipdog

Post#19 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Magus is a great class but it does have its weaknesses, some of which can be overcome, some of which can't.

Magus will perform fine solo and in 6man roam groups as well as most scenarios.
Ranked SC however is a different story.

For WB/City you generally don't need more than one magus as their dmg doesn't stack well. Their mobility is ok with the flamer pet but you will need to learn extremely good pet positioning to keep it alive as much as possible.
Magus also offers great utility for city. Daemonic Withering on the PvE lords and well timed staggers on healers for example can win a city.

If you're having trouble finding a guild you might have to try less "Elite" ones who aren't stuck in their meta.

Since more than one magus is not desireable and a lot of people still think magus AOE is "fluff" you should be prepared to fight for spots :(

Magus is PVE king. Just make sure you spec right for it.

teiloh

Post#20 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Destro: lol no Magus

Also Destro: lol why we always lost fort :' (