Recent Topics

Ads

Is Magus really useless in high-level ?

Let's talk about... everything else
tejas69

Is Magus really useless in high-level ?

Post#1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:48 am

Hi there ! I just reached lvl 40 with my Magus, and I really like this class. But then when I began to look for PVE and open PVP groups or apply with guilds, and most of the time they told me Magus are not the best and refused without any further test.

This is not my first MMO, so I understand some classes or spec are not meant for all situations. Could you please tell me what kind of games are "better" for Magus, PVE, open PVP, SC, and with wich spec ?

https://192168o1.com.br/
https://19216801login.com.br/
https://logintplink.com.br/
Last edited by tejas69 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Goriy

Re: Is Magus really useless in high-level ?

Post#2 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:11 am

I have an 85 Magus with full Sov. Those players telling you that magus is not useful are very narrow sighted. Magus burst in ST is just as good as Sorc .. it just take a little more setup. Magus AOE is really strong for City and Fort (if Destro ever tried to defend). Rift spec is fun and can be useful if supported correctly.

PVE I would say Magus is probably the best DPS class to bring on Destro simply bc of the AP pet. You and the group will literally never run out of AP.

Use the Single Target spec with AP pet for PVE and just AOE the trash mobs. When you get to a boss you change rotation and just do Single Target.

The pet can be annoying but you will get used to it. Having multiple Magus in a city is generally not a great idea but I would never kick a Magus outa bed from a City group.

I have played on ROR for a very longtime and almost never come to the forums. Your post compelled me to post for the first time :)

Crumbs

Post#3 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:18 am

Goriy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:11 am I have an 85 Magus with full Sov. Those players telling you that magus is not useful are very narrow sighted. Magus burst in ST is just as good as Sorc .. it just take a little more setup. Magus AOE is really strong for City and Fort (if Destro ever tried to defend). Rift spec is fun and can be useful if supported correctly.

PVE I would say Magus is probably the best DPS class to bring on Destro simply bc of the AP pet. You and the group will literally never run out of AP.

Use the Single Target spec with AP pet for PVE and just AOE the trash mobs. When you get to a boss you change rotation and just do Single Target.

The pet can be annoying but you will get used to it. Having multiple Magus in a city is generally not a great idea but I would never kick a Magus outa bed from a City group.

I have played on ROR for a very longtime and almost never come to the forums. Your post compelled me to post for the first time :)
Don't listen to this guy. Magus is not short, cute and fat like a little dwarf engi
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Goriy

Post#4 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:47 am

Crumbs wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:18 am
Goriy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:11 am I have an 85 Magus with full Sov. Those players telling you that magus is not useful are very narrow sighted. Magus burst in ST is just as good as Sorc .. it just take a little more setup. Magus AOE is really strong for City and Fort (if Destro ever tried to defend). Rift spec is fun and can be useful if supported correctly.

Don't listen to this guy. Magus is not short, cute and fat like a little dwarf engi
Mmmkay ... I dunno what you talking about Magus with 3rd eye is the hottest looking model in the game. However if you want to be short, fat and angry there is always the Dorf option. They do get a cool pipe to smoke :)

Fey

Post#5 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:06 am

Oh lord, don't get started on models. The magus disk deamon is the stupidest looking thing I've ever seen in any MMO, and I've played FFXIV.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

catholicism198

Post#6 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 am

Not useless, but not desirable.
A WB might take one rift bot to morale dump, but that’s about it.
The garbage mechanic makes it difficult to do any real damage because your pet/buff dies before you can even build 4-8 stacks. Bye bye damage.

Play what you want but know that it’s not going to get better anytime soon because the guy in charge thinks it’s great as is.

Arthem

Post#7 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:46 am

Some guilds like to run their meta and don't know how to fit in a Magus. Magus shines a lot in 6 man single target (Havoc), 1v1 (Havoc), warband aoe (Changing), warband utility (Daemonology). Magus is one of the classes you need in order to complete PvE dungeons in the fastest possible time due to their insane damage and group buffs.

Goermsi

Post#8 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:25 am

U are the only range DD on destro who ... has the range ... and does not nuke himself to death. What could be better?
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Ads
Shanell

Post#9 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:06 am

Fey wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:06 am The magus disk deamon is the stupidest looking thing I've ever seen in any MMO
Apologose immediately! Magus have one of the best appearence between classes. He's got a pimp cane and a ride with him all the time. Only the absolute CHAD of a Chosen can compete.
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

XsorrowerX

Post#10 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:08 am

It's so amusing to see threads like this and then in another thread see people saying destro need range dps and that magus is one of the only viable ones. So, which is it?