Recent Topics

Ads

Open RvR misery

Let's talk about... everything else
Rapzel

Re: Open RvR misery

Post#11 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:57 pm

mathousalix6 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:08 pm
Rapzel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:23 pm Why do sov organized players play ORvR for? What can they earn from this ? I am really sick of getting 10 medallions in total in 1 hour
I don't think your irony towards my scenario thread is very polite but anyways...

I am pretty sure you have enough brain to recognize why scenarios are different from rvr
You mean that in this game, open RvR fights are not supposed to be balanced, while in instanced RvR it's supposed to be?
You don't think that you contradict yourself in saying that in ORvR it is okay to be imbalanced and having PUG wbs run up against Premade WBs, while it is not okay in Scenarios?

So what is this big difference between Scenarios and Open RvR? The core rules of killing your enemy and taking a battle objective still applies, is it more legit because there's a ram minigame or a button on the oil that you need to press?

Ads
retekelek

Post#12 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:09 pm

I dont understand whats the problem whit Orvr, if u dont enjoy it, just go do pve. Thats what i do, and its fun, also dont need full sov to beat the shet out of those poor level 39-40 freaks of the false emperor. (Or whatever side u playing)

mathousalix6

Post#13 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:13 pm

Rapzel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:57 pm
Rapzel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:23 pm Why do sov organized players play ORvR for? What can they earn from this ? I am really sick of getting 10 medallions in total in 1 hour
I don't think your irony towards my scenario thread is very polite but anyways...

I am pretty sure you have enough brain to recognize why scenarios are different from rvr
You mean that in this game, open RvR fights are not supposed to be balanced, while in instanced RvR it's supposed to be?
You don't think that you contradict yourself in saying that in ORvR it is okay to be imbalanced and having PUG wbs run up against Premade WBs, while it is not okay in Scenarios?

So what is this big difference between Scenarios and Open RvR? The core rules of killing your enemy and taking a battle objective still applies, is it more legit because there's a ram minigame or a button on the oil that you need to press?
In RVR I have the FREEDOM to be solo or join a PUG warband and still get decent contribution by doing what I like. As for scenarios I am doomed to suffer unless I decide to group up. Some us don't have the ability and time to do that or don't like the meta classes. It's very simple. I have never talked about balance but only about the freedom of choice and the enjoyability of scenarios. Also, ORVR is OPEN. That means I am going to face both organized warbands and unorganized low-geared people and still have fun. Magical right?

Please take some time reading carefully before troll-posting with an ironic intention.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:28 pm

mathousalix6 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:13 pm
Spoiler:

In RVR I have the FREEDOM to be solo or join a PUG warband and still get decent contribution by doing what I like. As for scenarios I am doomed to suffer unless I decide to group up. Some us don't have the ability and time to do that or don't like the meta classes. It's very simple. I have never talked about balance but only about the freedom of choice and the enjoyability of scenarios. Also, ORVR is OPEN. That means I am going to face both organized warbands and unorganized low-geared people and still have fun. Magical right?

Please take some time reading carefully before troll-posting with an ironic intention.
The "FUN ARGUMENT" fails when you have the option to queue the .PUG sc to fight others pugs but instead you join the SC event....

mathousalix6

Post#15 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:30 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:28 pm
Spoiler:

The "FUN ARGUMENT" fails when you have the option to queue the .PUG sc to fight others pugs but instead you join the SC event....
Yeah you are right, I should play the Reikland Factory for the rest of life. Thank you! :)

retekelek

Post#16 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:33 pm

mathousalix6 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:30 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:28 pm
Spoiler:

Yeah you are right, I should play the Reikland Factory for the rest of life. Thank you! :)
Pug sc rotate

Rapzel

Post#17 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:35 pm

You have the freedom to join a PUG sc, if you meet a premade in PUG sc you can report them to a GM, AFAIK people have at least temp banned for abusing the system.
You do have access to this magical fun and PUGGY PUG scenario, magical right?
mathousalix6 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:30 pm fails when you have the option to queue the .PUG sc to fight others pugs but instead you join the SC event....
Yeah you are right, I should play the Reikland Factory for the rest of life. Thank you!
It changes once every month AFAIK, you're allowed to vote for another one.
Here you go, tomorrow seems to be Caledor Woods, one of the best.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20218

mathousalix6

Post#18 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Rapzel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:35 pm

You have the freedom to join a PUG sc, if you meet a premade in PUG sc you can report them to a GM, AFAIK people have at least temp banned for abusing the system.
mathousalix6 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:30 pm fails when you have the option to queue the .PUG sc to fight others pugs but instead you join the SC event....
Yeah you are right, I should play the Reikland Factory for the rest of life. Thank you!
You can find the contradicting points for the existence of only one pug scenario in the other thread, I don't want to repeat things. But here I have to repeat that there was no point on making this ironic thread, you could peacefully comment on the other one. But your intentions are to discourage people and newcomers to the game and not talk seriously I guess. I am not the only one having this problem as you have already seen in the last few months!

Ads
Ysaran

Post#19 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:57 pm

I see no contradiction in just one pug SC. The reason of this choice is simple and it's the same of merging T2-T4: there aren't enough players, queue time would be too long/ppl would be too much spread all over the map.
Also, IMHO, since this is an MMO I think Devs should incentivize group play rather than solo
Zputadenti

Rapzel

Post#20 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:19 pm

mathousalix6 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:49 pm
Spoiler:
Rapzel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:35 pm

You can find the contradicting points for the existence of only one pug scenario in the other thread, I don't want to repeat things. But here I have to repeat that there was no point on making this ironic thread, you could peacefully comment on the other one. But your intentions are to discourage people and newcomers to the game and not talk seriously I guess. I am not the only one having this problem as you have already seen in the last few months!
No my point with the thread was to point out how absurd your original question is and that the validity of the question of why full sov premade groups/wbs play ORvR is just as valid as your question about why the play SCs, as they have nothing to gain from neither.
Then in this thread you drop knowledge bombs such as
mathousalix6 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:49 pm In RVR I have the FREEDOM to be solo or join a PUG warband and still get decent contribution by doing what I like. As for scenarios I am doomed to suffer unless I decide to group up.
You have the FREEDOM to join as a solo for SC or a PUG sc group (there exists a /5 and it's used frequently during the weekends), the event SC the last few weeks has only required ONE 500 point win. Why is it fine to join a PUG wb but not a PUG group?
mathousalix6 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:49 pm That means I am going to face both organized warbands and unorganized low-geared people and still have fun. Magical right?
You are going to meet pretty much the exact same people you meet in ORvR as you're going to meet in SCs because that's how low the population in this game is, magical right?

In your own thread you start bringing up certain careers that are not "Meta" and there for will not be brought to premades, and I'll agree rift engi won't probably ever be brought into ranked 6vs6 unless someone is meme'ing, but in ranked 6vs6 (notice I don't write solo ranked) I've played against every single career, because you know what?
You can respec into a path intended for Scenarios, there's several streamers that play or have played non meta careers (Goriy are you okay?) that still have found groups for SCs, and they've done just fine, so stop playing the victim card.
Every time someone posts this thread the same solutions are presented, you get the same answer from devs that they want to incentivize group play.

The best part is that there is very few premade 6 mans running during the weeks and weekends, most of the 6 man premade groups know each other well, and at least 60-70% of the so called premades that get called out are not premades, it's just better players on the other team.