Recent Topics

Ads

Lack of Order in ranked

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: What would encourage you to play more ranked?

Improved gear
26%
Reduced gear cost
20%
Higher rewards per sc
17%
Ability to duo q (I know the obvious problem with this one)
2%
Other (please specify)
35%
Total votes: 81

Keula

Re: Lack of Order in ranked

Post#31 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:39 am

kmark101 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:27 pm I think there would be a lot more Order que to rankeds if there would be a limit of 1 of each class. Examples like double-triple DoK parties are unbeatable, whatever you do, hence less ppl que once you see them.
Huh? Double heal dok is terrible for solo ranked as you don't have curse dispel so all you need is 1 IB and you have 50% outgoing healdbuff on at least 1 of them constantly, also kotbs perma triple snare. Shield+heal dok is a bit better but its still not the best healer duo.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Ads
Lyckansost

Post#32 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:48 am

VindicoAtrum wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:06 pm That mode is the single largest vector of toxicity in the game. If you dare queue as anything less than perfect gear perfect spec perfect class you get abuse. Double pot, invader-geared rr70 asw? Nah, I'm "useless cause ur not a slayer" (actual quote) from the weekend just gone.

I'd queue more if the toxic **** toned it down but heaven forbid their mmr go down a bit in return of reckoning private server's 50-person ranked community.
Haven't played it my self but seen alot of different streams play it, and hearing/seeing the toxic people is not fun. I do want to play some ranked but all my "high RR" chars are in vanq/invader.

And since it is basically impossible to get sov now if you aren't playing odd hours (playing eu-prime time done 1 City the last month), add a bolster effect to ranked so people can try it out. I understand ranked isn't a high priority but would be fun to see how many more (perhaps less) that would queue if bolster/debolster was a thing. A test period of 2-4 weeks perhaps?

Pandastyle

Post#33 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:31 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:36 am It's pretty obvious that it is mostly order, who stay away from ranked for some reason I don't really get. It's not like destro has better classes for ranked.
Not sure, if you're being sarcastig here tbh. Because destro definitely does not have the better classes for ranked (at least concerning dps which I am more familiar with as with the other two archetypes)

First I queued ranked for the gear because I want to try different builds of gear and imo two pieces is part of BiS setup.
Then I noticed that it improved my gameplay. I got better map awareness, paid more attention to guards being swapped and to people being overextended or wrong positioned.

And its sad wanting to play ranked and getting the gear when on mondays you get mail with a whooping 2 emblems weekly bonus because you only managed to play 2! ranked matches because enemy didnt queue. So maybe what can be taken into consideration is how the weekly bonus works
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Foltestik

Post#34 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:43 am

btw if you play with half brain and 2hand you dont need to be scared by toxicity, but if you play like retard then, ... :D

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#35 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:57 am

oaliaen wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:30 pm
GamesBond wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:26 pm
Spoiler:
There is a new version of ranked that is being worked on, I expect the implementation date would be early 2021.

I can't share specific details yet because they could change, but I'm sure the new version will satisfy the majority of you.

Potentially, there should be less gear grind and more unique rewards. An increased incentive for players to participate in ranked. And a proper value of competitors' time investment and skills.

The poll is a bit unrelated, since we're handling gear reward in another way.
Will you keep the same medalions or will it be a new one ? Pls answer , thx.
I wouldn't give an answer for this, as I said lots of stuff will change.

But what I'm sure of is that we're pushing for a more cosmetics/unique rewards/special mounts rather than a pure gear grind of a set barely anyone is interested in having.

In my opinion: Your time, skills and efforts will be much more valued when something is so rare that only you (or you and your team) have it, on the whole server.

Bozzax

Post#36 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:39 am

My .2$

High MMR players tend to abandon ship quickly if they sense weakness in their Q side. It typically snowballs into a onesided stompfest that die off quickly. For a long time order has been loosing more so now no Q.

Nature of competetive play and salt
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

MedV

Post#37 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:58 am

GamesBond wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:57 am
oaliaen wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:30 pm
GamesBond wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:26 pm
Spoiler:
There is a new version of ranked that is being worked on, I expect the implementation date would be early 2021.

I can't share specific details yet because they could change, but I'm sure the new version will satisfy the majority of you.

Potentially, there should be less gear grind and more unique rewards. An increased incentive for players to participate in ranked. And a proper value of competitors' time investment and skills.

The poll is a bit unrelated, since we're handling gear reward in another way.
Will you keep the same medalions or will it be a new one ? Pls answer , thx.
I wouldn't give an answer for this, as I said lots of stuff will change.

But what I'm sure of is that we're pushing for a more cosmetics/unique rewards/special mounts rather than a pure gear grind of a set barely anyone is interested in having.

In my opinion: Your time, skills and efforts will be much more valued when something is so rare that only you (or you and your team) have it, on the whole server.
Please Please dont make a reward that only 6-12 people on each faction will get even if its a mount for a week. You will have the same "Im not the best so why que ill never get that reward" as you have now. Im obviously taking a guess at how you wrote your sentence but thats the inflection im getting, that there will be a mount/special appearance item only a couple ranked solo and a couple group ranked people will get.
The King.

Jollyjoker

Post#38 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:38 am

You might no realize this but it's not only ranked that lacks order but SCs in general. In a full 6man on destro you will sometimes be waiting an hour for a pop in primetime only to get matched to the same order group over and over meanwhile on order you will get instapop which speaks for itself.

As for all the reward talk, it honestly makes me cringe. Why not just play the mode and the game in general because you enjoy it, you like getting a group going and getting some kills and fun fights. It's like people will literally not bother doing anything but afk unless there is an incentive in the form of a reward. What are you going to do when you have all the gear? Stand around in city or make another character and start the process again? This mentality is so backwards it blows my mind. Ofc then you have people in full sov that are garbage at the game and can't even play their char because they barely actually play besides leech and mindlessly run in a pug wb.
Sturmovik/Crisp/Saluco

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#39 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:39 am

GamesBond wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:57 am rather than a pure gear grind of a set barely anyone is interested in having.
This is false statement. Vanq/opp design was close to ideal. Everyone would actually want to have their hands on ranked gear. Ranked gear is part of BiS (or BiS for niche build/role in few cases) mix&matches on every class.
Why dont people bother tho is because difference between this "dream gear" and sov/invader/pve is negligble but in terms of time/effort ranked gear is hellish grind.

Xergon

Post#40 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:21 am

idc about any kind of rewards, what i do care is quality of each match and not waiting 1-2h to make it pop, and even then to find out either side is stomp cuz either someone queued by mistake or someone is griefing in green gear.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube