Lack of Order in ranked

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: What would encourage you to play more ranked?

Improved gear
26%
Reduced gear cost
20%
Higher rewards per sc
17%
Ability to duo q (I know the obvious problem with this one)
2%
Other (please specify)
35%
Total votes: 81

carthagerising

Lack of Order in ranked

Post#1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi all,

Id like to talk about that most maligned of content modes, ranked and specifically the lack of order players giving it a try.

Id like to encourage you to q and give it a shot, i can promise there are tonnes of terrible dps shamen, poorly geared maras, chosen without auras and low level squig herders who can smooth your way to easy wins q'n almost every day. So lets get some more order in there and get some games going!

In all seriousness thou...this is an insane grind due to lack of players and its a real shame that more on both sides dont try it more often. For me the "active" times are ONLY between 1 and 6 am and as u can imagine that makes functioning as a normal human being pretty challenging and it would be nice if more people gave it a shot. I know its often viewed rather poorly due to bad experiences but honestly iv come to enjoy this content (when i can get games) and found it quite beneficial to my game play.

Just ensure you prepare yourself for it, spec and equip your character correctly and give it a shot. You may be surprised.

I also hear from many that the gear is worthless to them, which is a shame as obviously with such a grind you need to be motivated to see it through and im fortunate (a double edged sword) that the gear for me is good and its a shame more dont see it that way. perhaps the devs could take a look at some of the sets and fine tune them to make them more appealing. I know there was quite a bit of work done on this content some time ago but clearly the mode is in dire straights with its appalling activity. so perhaps its time to take another look.

In the mean time, WTB order in the Qs, hell ill take consistent losses at this point over the ages between qs if theres any at all.
Last edited by carthagerising on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
tlitschye

Re: Lack of Order in ranked

Post#2 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:05 pm

Nice post, i can second that.
It improves your playstyle a lot and you see a lot of mistakes you make, if you reflect.

Maybe a question towards order side, why is the queue mostly filled to staff 3 or more scenarios on destro side but empty on order?

Bignusty

Post#3 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Dont have any problem for queuing yesterday night the ranked solo queue was excellent not many win but not a problem and i play destro .

carthagerising

Post#4 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:39 pm

yeah dont get me wrong there are some days better than others, but are you going to disagree that we couldnt do better? Sunday night is often a good time for sure, it would just be nice to have it a little more active than it currently is and the road block (at least recently) seems to be order numbers.

VindicoAtrum

Post#5 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:06 pm

That mode is the single largest vector of toxicity in the game. If you dare queue as anything less than perfect gear perfect spec perfect class you get abuse. Double pot, invader-geared rr70 asw? Nah, I'm "useless cause ur not a slayer" (actual quote) from the weekend just gone.

I'd queue more if the toxic **** toned it down but heaven forbid their mmr go down a bit in return of reckoning private server's 50-person ranked community.

carthagerising

Post#6 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:10 pm

interesting, obviously i can only speak from destro and my own personal runs but its quite tame on destro..unless u do something mental like rock up in dominator with monstro spec (there was a certain mara who plagued the q for a while...) but yeah i could see how that would make it pretty ****.

mickeye

Post#7 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:40 pm

I give enormous thumbs up for this activity in general. I'm not very active on RoR, but boy if this would be on live!

I have poorly geared toons here, but I'd love to play some 6v6. So my sugestion would be open new ranked bracket for low lvl players with max rr up to let's say rr70 with gear rewards which would work towards playing in higher rr queue.

If lower rr players with conq/domi gear would have chance to play ranked from fresh lvl 40 it could help them gain some practice in proper group environment and of course help them gear up. Once they would get invader level gear or higher they'd be moved to big boys league.
Fionne WL | Burlok > Karak Eight Peaks > Eltharion > Karak Azgal > Karak Norn

Aethilmar

Post#8 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:45 pm

+1 on the toxicity complaint for Order players. I've had the nastiest "conversations" on Order side in ranked. Not just things like "You suck" but persistent messaging afterwards about all my perceived failings both in and out of game.

Relatively rare, but still enough to make me not bother regardless of the rewards.

Not so much on Destro side. But, of course, the problem there is it doesn't pop ;)

Ads
gebajger

Post#9 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:46 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:06 pm That mode is the single largest vector of toxicity in the game. If you dare queue as anything less than perfect gear perfect spec perfect class you get abuse. Double pot, invader-geared rr70 asw? Nah, I'm "useless cause ur not a slayer" (actual quote) from the weekend just gone.

I'd queue more if the toxic **** toned it down but heaven forbid their mmr go down a bit in return of reckoning private server's 50-person ranked community.
That is not the case in my experience.
If you do your job, and don't run around like an idiot not assisting, you wont have any problem.
Just last night we won several scs with the 2nd dps being rr5x sw and such.
I'm talking about soloranked ofc
Rioz

Krima

Post#10 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:00 pm

I wish order would que up more often. Everyday is like 12 dps from destro and 0 from order in que.
They have all the tools, slayers, godmode mSW.

Would help also add new weapons with different stats for ranked currency.
Example: keep the same 56 dps for a purple dagger but give it % parry or % dodge. all the weapons for dpsers its too much focused on crit %.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek: