Lack of Order in ranked

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: What would encourage you to play more ranked?

Improved gear
26%
Reduced gear cost
20%
Higher rewards per sc
17%
Ability to duo q (I know the obvious problem with this one)
2%
Other (please specify)
35%
Total votes: 81

oaliaen

Re: Lack of Order in ranked

Post#61 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:12 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:24 pm
oaliaen wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 pm *Hype mode on* As a 600+ matches player, yea..Cant wait for the unique rewards ;)
How do you even get so many ranked pops?
Queue no matter what ..

Ads
Kragg

Post#62 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:15 pm

Maybe I will my Q my RR84 glass cannon sniper tonight, and wait for the responses to measure the amount of abuse that will be coming in. :D
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

nebelwerfer

Post#63 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:29 pm

I think the biggest deal is that people have a very low tolerance for losing and big egos so they always pick someone to blame to feel better about themselves.

This makes doing ranked solo quite unsufferable sometimes :cry:

Paxsanarion

Post#64 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:43 pm

Once I get to 40 and acquire gear and then actually learn to be a good Ironbreaker tank......then I would love to try :-)

Jabba

Post#65 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:59 pm

The problem with ranked is that it's a catch 22 situation, most issues stem from the pops being too slow which is simply a result of there being too few people queuing, which only exacerbates the problem as it makes the pops slower as people don't want to queue when pops are slow, further lowering the potential population . Groundbreaking stuff I know.

As this thread shows:
Because the pops are slow, people don't even bother queuing in the first place as they will be sitting in queue for ages. Leads to a lower population.
Because the pops are slow, if a game ends up being bad when you finally get a pop, it is infinitely more frustrating because you waited so long for it only for it to end up being a shitshow. People therefore stop queuing, resulting in a lower population.
Because the pops are slow, the emblem gain is glacially slow, which makes already expensive gear, even more of a chore to get. People see how long it will take to acquire said gear, and stop queuing, thus the population is lower.
Because the population is low, people stop queuing to avoid getting into games with people who would lead to a perceived guaranteed loss.

Therefore the solution seems rather easy:
1st.
People need to want to just queue up in the first place, this requires some reasonable incentive to get the ball rolling.

The groundwork is already there, with the addition of ranked gear and the event items. It requires some changes though imo, The gear is simply too expensive. Because the gear is so expensive, you don't want to spend your carefully accumulated tokens on the event items, which only last 3 days, as it will only prolong the grind for the gear you want.
To fix this:
The gear should be made cheaper. (Doesn't require a big reduction)
The event item shouldn't only be available through tokens. Award it from a quest; x number of ranked games/week lets you pick a 7d duration event slot item with the same stats as those available already from the merchant.
The possibility of other rewards would also be welcome (cosmetics/crafting materials/sent ring talis etc)
Also, have the end of the week rewards scale better with games played. As it is now, you get around 200 odd tokens for 5 games at the end of the week, give or take a few depending on your mmr and whether you won those 5 games. You can play 50+ games and only get 400 odd. Obviously you shouldn't be 2k tokens as a weekly reward, but 400 is just measly.

2nd.
When games are popping, they need to stay popping, this requires people to want to requeue regardless of the result of the last match.

Alot of this would be fixed if the population was higher and the pop rate was faster. Less frustration from waiting long periods of time only for **** matches etcetc.
Another problem with this is simply the MMR system. People, for some unknown reason, really care about maintaining their MMR and will stop queuing if there are people in queue (good players on the other side or bad players on their side) who threaten their MMR. As if it means something in a game with this small a population.
Simply remove it. It is an indicator of nothing. If people don't have to worry about their pointless MMR and they know they can get another pop quickly, alot of the toxicity problems with ranked would also disappear.

If people requeue after a loss, and ranked maintains a steady population, then pops will be consistent and quick.
If the pops are fast, more people would queue as they would know they wouldn't be wasting their time waiting for a pop.
If the pops are fast, a **** game would be far easier to put behind you, you wouldn't have waited 30+ mins for a shitshow, you can just brush it off and jump straight back in to another match.
If the pops are fast, you would actually be able to accumulate emblems and get your weekly rewards reliably, getting the gear would become a viable and attainable goal on multiple chars.
If the population was higher, it would be far more unlikely that you would have multiple games in a row with the same people.
Obviously, this isn't all on the devs to fix. The players also have to just suck it up and queue, and accept that you will get some **** games. You can't win them all.

Also, remove it from queue all.

Pretty disjointed rambling on my part so have a TL;DR

Make gear cheaper
Make event slot item possible to get without the currency required to buy the gear.
Maybe include some other rewards (cosmetics etc)
Remove MMR, or at the very least hide it.
People will queue, then be more likely to requeue again after a game even if they lost. If people queue, people will get pops. People see other people getting pops, those people queue. Happy times.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ithiel

Post#66 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:43 pm

I am readying all the replies to this thread and I am starting to get worried about the future of ranked sc tbh. I think people need to remember that ranked sc are (apart from cities) the most competitive content in this game. So people that play them should want to take the challenge and improve.

Adding ranked sc into the grind fest will only make people not interested in the competitive part of it join and kill the mode for the real audience of this kind of content. I have had several instances of people joining and staying in the warcamp or leaving after the sc has started to get the emblems. I have also had several occasions of clearly ungeared and careless people join and ruin the match for the rest of the team – this is what makes the players stop queuing and unfortunately it has been quite common in the last month on order.

I think making a lower tier for ranked sc may make sense – i.e rr40 dominator/conqueror - and then do vanquisher+ for the current one or just increase the requirements to vanq+ so people that join at least have played their character a bit more and there will be one less reason for toxic players to blame anyone.

yoluigi

Post#67 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:54 pm

the whole 6v6 alwas end up been a 15min stalemate. they need to put 2 point or 3 point capture point would be 10x more fun. ATM we got Sov gear but not the weapons soo the lack of dps makes it alot easier for healers to do their jobs

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#68 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:54 pm

Needs better class balancing or it will be always meh and avoided by 1 faction and dominated by the other.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#69 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:22 am

oaliaen wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:12 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:24 pm
oaliaen wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 pm *Hype mode on* As a 600+ matches player, yea..Cant wait for the unique rewards ;)
How do you even get so many ranked pops?
Queue no matter what ..
Sure but to get those numbers I have to sit in queue for years. :lol:
Dying is no option.

marafado
Suspended

Post#70 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:30 pm

i have voted in other, ill try to explain why :)

if we read with attention wat the op posted (carthage), we can see all picture. he talks about "bad" shamams, "bad" maras... to motivate the "good" orders to join and kill the "bad" destro players. Ok the good orders join and win the fight against the op team. Wat he do to justify the loss of the precious tokens, he blames the bad maras/shamans ofc.

Many of the ror players are adults, that after a day of work wana relax, drink a beer and play a bit, dont think this ppl are interested or have patience to read insults from our fellow op.

Guess in order side you have 2 or 3 times more ppl like the op ;)

ps: "In all seriousness thou..."---> its for sure a dev problem.