Recent Topics

Ads

Lack of Order in ranked

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: What would encourage you to play more ranked?

Improved gear
26%
Reduced gear cost
20%
Higher rewards per sc
17%
Ability to duo q (I know the obvious problem with this one)
2%
Other (please specify)
35%
Total votes: 81

kmark101

Re: Lack of Order in ranked

Post#21 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:29 pm

I tell you one reward that would alone revitalize the whole scene: 2nd or 3rd jewel slot set item. Ranked would be a good contender to PvE (as PvE mode is the undisputed king of gear in the game right now, ranked could challenge it).
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
oaliaen

Post#22 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:30 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:26 pm There is a new version of ranked that is being worked on, I expect the implementation date would be early 2021.

I can't share specific details yet because they could change, but I'm sure the new version will satisfy the majority of you.

Potentially, there should be less gear grind and more unique rewards. An increased incentive for players to participate in ranked. And a proper value of competitors' time investment and skills.

The poll is a bit unrelated, since we're handling gear reward in another way.
Will you keep the same medalions or will it be a new one ? Pls answer , thx.

Pkunk

Post#23 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:39 pm

Easy fix; make solo ranked the weekend event sc.

Twyxx

Post#24 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Pkunk wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:39 pm Easy fix; make solo ranked the weekend event sc.

Click here to watch on YouTube

DirkDaring

Post#25 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:46 pm

Nothing really could make me que for, or do Ranked, or Scenarios in general.
I already grinded scenarios on live, as well as several other MMOS, I don`t play Warhammer to do instanced pvp, I`m here for castle sieges.

On live the only thing that was in scenarios were weapons, all the armor even alternative sets were mostly in normal RVR, and some in dungeons. Apparently someone that took over Mythic game here, really likes Scenarios, and changed all the armor sets from live, and placed alternative sets into scenarios , to force people to do them.

There's is nothing a lot of us need that's in Scenarios as it should be, Scenarios are nothing but a mini side game, nothing more. If I want to grind instanced pvp, I wouldn't be playing warhammer, good luck scenario grinders.

I remember a couple years ago you had people forming, a premade all on voice, but only grouping as duos, then queuing as a way to bypass the mechanic, and only for the pug scenario, and reforming the premade if they all got in the same scenario, so they could farm actual pugs, with a premade, and talk about how great they are lol.

Gargis

Post#26 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:00 pm

If this thread is about Solo ranked, for me its just not worth it. Its its about 6 man premade ranked, its still not worth it.

Why? Defensive speced s/b tanks are not as good in 6 man as 2H. I'm not interested in spending 10 gold to respec renown and back just to play some 6 man action. The majority of pvp is wb action and large scale. With the changes to guard, there is limited role for 2H tanks in city and even less in forts.

I don't like the differences between Destro and Order as far as CC goes and lets not even get started about punts. Among the things I can directly influence with my character, I still don't see it as optimal.

When it comes to solo ranked, there is no way in hell I will ever que up for it again. Too many dps AM, bad SW and BW. Order does not play tanks like destro and for good reason. Figure it out.

ChicagoJoe

Post#27 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:56 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:45 pm +1 on the toxicity complaint for Order players. I've had the nastiest "conversations" on Order side in ranked. Not just things like "You suck" but persistent messaging afterwards about all my perceived failings both in and out of game.

Relatively rare, but still enough to make me not bother regardless of the rewards.

Not so much on Destro side. But, of course, the problem there is it doesn't pop ;)
+2 on toxicity quote. Not worth it unless you QUE in a guild 6 man, because solo ques are pretty horrible unless you are near BIS or BIS and are good. A lot of finger pointing.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Alucard2010

Post#28 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:08 am

You know, I should bring back the 2h KOTBS so I can smash people with heavens fury elemental dmg and win the matches.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#29 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:36 am

It's pretty obvious that it is mostly order, who stay away from ranked for some reason I don't really get. It's not like destro has better classes for ranked.
Dying is no option.

Toshutkidup

Post#30 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:15 am

I refuse to do ranked. One is I’m “solo” spec not a grp spec slayer and I’m not gonna solo roam in a 6 man spec. 2nd it just isn’t fun to me. It’s either ur up against a “premade” and get stomped or the enemy is all green gear and stomp them. So I just don’t do it as haven’t for several months.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup