Slayer / choppa class mechanic

Let's talk about... everything else
nebelwerfer

Slayer / choppa class mechanic

Post#1 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:51 am

Hello Forum!!

"Please nerf rampage" you all heard it so many times

I told them to spec into shatter enchants and they said that was futile, it was not that easy because slayers can only parry it. Especially with WS stacking and IB buffs making it an unreliable and bad strat to counter even WITH pierce defences and Pulverizing Strike it was too much investment for unreliable results.

This is true and fair argument, shattering is too hard, even if you knock him down he will likely stay down for just half of the kd duration..

So my proposal is this;

Change the class mechanic to not reduce RESISTANCES / ARMOR by 50% but to reduce AVOIDANCES by 50% in a red state: would make the rampage-buffed berserked slayer wayy easier to shatter so counterplays are more effective.

Other benefits are less frustrating to play, less being seen as a renown pinata by premades etc. If any class mechanic is truly deserving of a buff, it's the slayer / choppa's.

It does make sense. Do slayers get softer as they fight harder and harder? No!
Spoiler:
Well yes, techically they do take off their armor in a bloodthirsty rage for death
BUT!! in the cinematic we see them take quite the beating there! And even fight back after! Not even a pocket guard and healer around to be seen :o

Im not the first to say it, but perhaps it's never been said with the argument to nerf rampage :lol: ofc not a direct nerf, that would be silly. But making counterplays more effective AND the drawback for slayer in red less obvious and directly punishing is a good thing.

Please share your thoughts, and thanks for reading! :!: :!:

Ads
Elemint

Re: Slayer / choppa class mechanic

Post#2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:02 pm

It's not broken. Don't fix.

Gurf

Re: Wow I just had the best idea

Post#3 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:09 pm

So in Beserk it would have Parry/Dodge/Disrupt reduced by 50%? I think that may be a buff to the Slayer to be honest, because then its racial tactic Ancestral Inheritance could actually be useful so you would have heavily armoured fully Beserk Slayer. Not sure that will go down well with the classes which struggle with armour pen, plus it could stack resistances as it barely disrupts anything as it is right now.

I'd like to see the evidence that Rampage is even that bad in the state it is currently in.
Slayer is worse than SW in 6v6 and probably about the same level as Mara.
In WB vs WB last City I saw at the weekend was an 80% win rate for Destro, Slayer ball meta seems to be a bit of a myth as far as I can see and certainly isn't dominating in Warband play
Fort attack Slayer melts in 5 seconds without enrage in 2 seconds when Beserk
Fort defence seems to be the only place Slayer can find the sweet spot of being safely in Beserk and using Rampage with aoe spam, so the "problem" seems to be limited to one place.

Sofong

Post#4 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 pm

so they still do 50% more dmg, but without the punishment, hahaha lol

Ysaran

Post#5 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:49 pm

is this a troll? i'm totally serious, if you tell me you are not trolling i'll write a proper post explaining why this is a terrible idea
Zputadenti

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:13 pm

Fixing Rampage is easy:

Remove UNDEFENDABLE and make it X/X* to Parry/Block Strikethru.

*Exact numbers can be tested/balanced for.

CountTalabecland

Post#7 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:21 pm

Rampage is not broken, it is performing as intended. Pls no fix.

Secondly, why would you lable this thread "Slayer/Choppa" but you are just once again asking for Slayer nerf? How does your proposal effect Choppa? Why does Choppa need this change too? How would this effect the destro meta like the IB/Slayer one? I know critical thinking isn't everyone's strong suit, but come on.

Just another trash nerf rampage pls thread.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:23 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:21 pm Rampage is not broken, it is performing as intended. Pls no fix.
Just because it is performing as intended doesn't mean it is not broken.

A low-tier Slayer ability (first ability in the right tree. FIRST.) that makes it so Destruction essentially has no tanks for Fort/Keep sieges.

The most hilariously broken thing in the history of this game.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Rampage isn't broken per se. Problem is that it is too low on mastery tree. It should be at 13pt, not at 5
Zputadenti

CountTalabecland

Post#10 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Spoiler:
Oglaf wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:23 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:21 pm Rampage is not broken, it is performing as intended. Pls no fix.
Just because it is performing as intended doesn't mean it is not broken.

A low-tier Slayer ability (first ability in the right tree. FIRST.) that makes it so Destruction essentially has no tanks for Fort/Keep sieges.

The most hilariously broken thing in the history of this game.
The devs said they looked at the data they have for it and it is performing as they want it to, or at least at a point where it is not high priority on the change list. If that's not working as intended/not broken, then IDK what more you want from them other than just changing the game to make it easier for you with nerfs?

Broken means buggged, explain to me how it is bugged? Because to me "working as intended" literally means that its not broken. Or if by broken you mean over-performing, I still don't see how it is given the other limitations of the class and the ability. There's a whole list I could type but its been said before and you wouldn't listen if I did. But if you move or remove rampage, give Slayer something for losing such a good ability.

Oh and now you're saying its Slayer wiping you at forts and not the "PLS NERF RAIN OF FIRE" bright wizards? Make up your damn mind and at least be consistent with your whines.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.