Recent Topics

Ads

MSH -

Let's talk about... everything else
Hardkoar
Suspended

Re: MSH -

Post#101 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Most of the people replying here weren't even around during Torq's era, they don't realize that this has been seen before with White Lions and the few that were around at the time, they probably play MSH now and claim ''everything is fine''. I'm gonna stop replying here, I said my piece and I'm sure the eyes that count have read the concerns, they see the data and can do with it as they see fit.

@wargrim u can close the thread if you want.

Ads
Orontes

Post#102 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:22 pm Most of the people replying here weren't even around during Torq's era, they don't realize that this has been seen before with White Lions and the few that were around at the time, they probably play MSH now and claim ''everything is fine''. I'm gonna stop replying here, I said my piece and I'm sure the eyes that count have read the concerns, they see the data and can do with it as they see fit.

@wargrim u can close the thread if you want.

I read through this thread. It is void of substance. The vacuousness is because the would be critique is based on ignorance. The thread never moves beyond the emotive. It's clear the complainer hasn't played the class, and does not understand the class. The class has options, but each choice of focus removes other possibilities. For example, a mSH can we very tanky, but looses damage output. A mSH can focus on single target burst, but is squishy and forced to use a set of specific tactics. A mSH can focus on AOE, but then has no burst, disarm, armor debuff or class healing options. The impetus of this sad and uninformed extended rant thread is likely its source and confederates got killed and can't deal with that. The thread is a case study in projection.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#103 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:46 pm

Merely a page before your attempt at sounding educated.
CeeJay89 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:20 pm I'm not saying to nerf mSH, but the class as it stands very much resembles a spec widely considered broken by Destro and even many Order.

If it was an issue then, it's an issue now. Even moreso because mSH is viable in every format of the game while still being a terror in smallscale roaming, and having vastly more utility than said other class had. Order players who played it used the EXACT same excuses for why the class was fine, verbatim, that Destro is now. It wasn't.

It's not that mSH can be ridiculously tanky. It's not that mSH has more utility than any other class in the game. It's not that SH has more mobility than every other class in the game. It's not that their burst is marginally smaller, if not higher than WL. It's that the class has all of these at the same time.

If this is no longer an issue, then I'd like to request Torque's version of Guardian WL be reimplemented, and CS be reverted to its original Str scaling to go with it.

Also, the next time Macc hits me for 5k with a single "Git Em!", I'll screenshot it for you.