Recent Topics

Ads

removing 160+ mainstat tactics

Let's talk about... everything else
Onigokko0101

Re: removing 160+ mainstat tactics

Post#41 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:28 am

Sure, if we buff gear to cover said mainstat.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
Dabbart

Post#42 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:42 am

Expand the 160 tactics so every class can choose either; INT, STR, BS, or Toughness(no wounds or ini). Then, make tactics providing stats/armor NOT stack with ability/pot. Finally, only allow 1 pot/liniment to be active at once.

That'd still give everyone choices in how they build their toon, with actual choices to make in terms of min/maxing, as well as making dozens of abilities actually useful. It would help to alleviate with the "armor meta" some feel is an issue(not active enough to say if it is or not). I feel like the "cookie cutter spec/gear" would be wildly altered as well.

Would it be seen as a positive change? Doubtful. Players like their goodies, whether it's balanced or not...

Obviously, this large of a change would require some gear/abilities to be rebalanced. It'd also make the double wp/dok meta return with a passion... Edit: This would also separate organized groups from PUGs that much more though...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Duukar

Post#43 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:00 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:46 pm Add the 160 baseline stats into the stats you get from leveling and rip em out. Actual tactics for tactic slots.
Yeah I like this idea actually.

Mez

Post#44 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:06 am

BW has crap tactics, i struggle daily with what to run for a 4th. Lately it's morale gain. Don't make this harder on me than it already is.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

nebelwerfer

Post#45 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:40 am

I don't think any class have a hard time finding interesting tactics to prefer over the stat one. If the power gap is too great for certain classes then this could be a good way of exposing this, because that should warrant a balance change then! :o

I am very content with the suggestions for solutions raised in this thread, maybe a combination of them is the way to go. I don't know, but I think the team got something more to work with here if they so wish!

Thanks a lot for all your contributions ! :D

Snowhawk

Post#46 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:01 pm

Good Idea.

Sofong

Post#47 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:15 pm

and also auras and those +240 -120toughness tactics

XsorrowerX

Post#48 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:18 pm

I can't think of one class that I play where this isn't a good idea. The amount of times I have thought to myself "if only I had one more tactic slot" is astounding. My WH for instance is pretty much stuck with 2 slots because of stats and crit damage, which are mandatory or the damage drops too low to be a threat.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#49 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:53 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:52 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:42 pm
Spoiler:
lyncher12 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:35 pm so mid tier armour gets 1100 and a freed up tactic slot and end game gear gets a little extra stats above the soft cap (diminishing returns, btw). i fail to see the problem here.
Diminishing returns are stats/2 over 1050 but *power still transfers 1:1. We can go back to this discussion if Wargrimnir's idea ever gets implemented.

I'm not terribly enthusiastic about it, just something I've heard suggested before. Some of the super basic tactics like that might was well be rolled into the class since people feel the need to take them by default, which in turn reduces choice in a way. I can definitely see how at the high end you don't really need a +160 stat tactic when you have other options to pick from and gear has you softcapped. Another idea floated was removing these flat tactics and implementing renown tactics that have different stats on them and you could pick one of each, I think this would be interesting too. Instead of being able to take 160STR for example, having to pick between two 80pt stats instead. Using the two renown tactic slots for these also frees up the career tactics for more interesting effects and builds.

Don't expect everything I comment on to be implemented, there's a lot of other people on the team that have hands in this stuff as well.
I like the idea of utilizing renown tactic slots for extra stat options (main stats and block/parry/dodge&disrupt maybe?), this would open up whole new level of builds. Renown tactics could also change according to renown rank to avoid power creep when mixed with high end gear and level out the field... Yes, lots of possibilities here!

If I come out too strong sometimes it's due to my passion for the game but I know how r&d work looks like since that's what I do in rl job ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Spellbound

Post#50 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:18 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:46 pm Add the 160 baseline stats into the stats you get from leveling and rip em out. Actual tactics for tactic slots.
Would require more balancing all over again. Example slayers use one of them and now would only need Wild Gambit, so essentially it’s like having 5 tactics in use now for more damage. BW I rarely use the Int one, but if that’s added it’s a free 160 int buff and maybe more gear changes to focus around 1050.

More classes will have more damage or defense if they didn’t use them before and starts a chain of balancing over the year.

It’s a huge stat jump so players should have to choose much higher stats or ability boost. It’s also nice for lower RR to achieve 1050 using the tactic. So gives a goal to hit 70+ and give room for another tactic.

(I haven’t read the whole thread comments yet)