Recent Topics

Ads

removing 160+ mainstat tactics

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Re: removing 160+ mainstat tactics

Post#51 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Wargrimnir ideas seems... suspiciously appealing. I can't really figure out how the game would change if these were implemented. Actually I'm a bit worried
Zputadenti

Ads
Ysaran

Post#52 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:28 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:52 pm
I'm not terribly enthusiastic about it, just something I've heard suggested before. Some of the super basic tactics like that might was well be rolled into the class since people feel the need to take them by default, which in turn reduces choice in a way. I can definitely see how at the high end you don't really need a +160 stat tactic when you have other options to pick from and gear has you softcapped. Another idea floated was removing these flat tactics and implementing renown tactics that have different stats on them and you could pick one of each, I think this would be interesting too. Instead of being able to take 160STR for example, having to pick between two 80pt stats instead. Using the two renown tactic slots for these also frees up the career tactics for more interesting effects and builds.

Don't expect everything I comment on to be implemented, there's a lot of other people on the team that have hands in this stuff as well.
Talking about real stuff: there is any plan about implementing renown tactic slot?
Zputadenti

adapter
Suspended

Post#53 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:33 pm

It could be a good idea if sets stats get buffed, everyone would have a free tactic slot to create new specs
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Alubert

Post#54 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Why only stat tactic? Why not remove all tactics that raise crit chance to classes that have access to 50% more crit dmg or greater? This makes more sense than taking the usual base stats. Taking anything can only discourage people from playing, not encourage them. If you have a problem with this, just don't use them. Problem solved. Next time, think twice before making such a proposal, because someone else not very smart will pick it up. As was the case with the removal of Cleansing Wind and Resolute Defense (worst change in the game) from the game. Every aspect of the game should offer as much choice to players as possible, not restrict them.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#55 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Honestly? Yes. I kind of agree.

I kinda wouldn't mind seeing them go in the name of build diversity. To free up a tactic slot since they're pretty much mandatory for 99% of characters. It would be a fun experiment.

Plus, if everyone (all classes) lost them it would just be a slight power adjustment across all classes and roles and not a targeted nerf to a single one.

So yeah, while its not really something I ever think would happen, it is something that I would fine quite interesting. Just to see what builds people come up with.

nebelwerfer

Post#56 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:51 pm

Alubert wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:46 pm Why only stat tactic? Why not remove all tactics that raise crit chance to classes that have access to 50% more crit dmg or greater? This makes more sense than taking the usual base stats.
I agree simply removing it might not be the best idea, but if you read the thread there have been other and better options posted
Alubert wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:46 pm
Taking anything can only discourage people from playing, not encourage them. If you have a problem with this, just don't use them. Problem solved.
I disagree, if I don't use the main stat tactic I will be at a huge disadvantage because most will. There are few tactics as strong for the longest part of the game as this. It's double the difference of playing without main stat potions!
Alubert wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:46 pm
Next time, think twice before making such a proposal, because someone else not very smart will pick it up. As was the case with the removal of Cleansing Wind and Resolute Defense (worst change in the game) from the game. Every aspect of the game should offer as much choice to players as possible, not restrict them.
Again I disagree, if I never posted this there would be no discussion. As a result of this thread some old ideas has been brought back up and people get to share their opinion on them, which is always good.

And I am sure the devs were to change it they would reserve the option of reverting it should it be a disaster. Btw, seeing your last sentence of your post I would think that you'd agree to what some posters suggested as it would increase the amount of choices you get to make regarding your tactics by one fourth! :mrgreen:

Shalktonin

Post#57 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:01 pm

NO
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene