Recent Topics

Ads

BW damage feels underwhelming

Let's talk about... everything else
Jabba

Re: BW damage feels underwhelming

Post#51 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:41 pm

Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:26 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:00 pm if anything BW needs a NERF. 1 in 2 players on order are a bw or have a bw and they all do the same shitty thing of spamming rof (which stacks) and are fine getting 3 invader from a fort because they are too garbage to function in city.
Did you just confirm my post? You're basically saying that BW's are suboptimal for anything else other than spamming RoF, which is exactly my point.
He's saying the players are garbage, not the class. Much like you. /thread
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
sixmoons48

Post#52 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:41 pm

Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:07 pm What I'm saying is that BW damage is outdated and surpassed. While some other classes got buffed to heaven and back, BW and Sorc remained largely the same as they were in 2010.

I don't feel the need to post my damage, because everyone already know how much damage BW does.
1000+ damage is what BW fireball does. It requires 3 seconds to cast. Meanwhile, some shaman routinely deals the same amount of damage with a channel tick.
Thats wack considering my fireball does closer to 1.7 to 2k

Arsanist

Post#53 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:46 pm

I remember the old days with the improved close quarters tactic - I'm sure it played a part in a 6.3k fireball crit on a Shammi in a 6v6 tourney, that was just the one fireball, not the rest of the burst combo (can't remember any of the rest of it, he died funnily enough). I think I remember LoTD buffs and all sorts of magic power boosts being used, so long ago I can't even remember what kind of steroids Arsanist was on that day.

I only have a lowbie BW at the moment in the 30's but it sure is different to live, but then again it might just be gear / stats that holds it back.

A.
Arsanist - BW on live.

Jabba

Post#54 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:53 pm

Toggle wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:58 pm
wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:50 pm Well mostly because i got curious to see the timestamp burst on Costructs, since someone posted a high number in the Meatball topic, i did 3 timestamps on the constuct and then for absolute meme value tested what a pure RoF would look like.

Knock yourselves out with this if we are aiming for 10pages.
https://imgur.com/a/OA2wzlN
You’re full sov, correct? I want to test out dps shammy when I get home today. Just want an idea of the difference I will be looking at gear wise. Thanks!
Did a few tests on dps sham

Pretty average for what I was getting, although obv there's far more variance compared to BW as your crit is much lower.

Could have cheesed it and run crap like the extra damage on shield rather than run away, or just respeccing points away from Puddle to boost tooltip on damage skills for better, but what's the point.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Nishka
Suspended

Post#55 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:02 pm

sixmoons48 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:41 pm
Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:07 pm What I'm saying is that BW damage is outdated and surpassed. While some other classes got buffed to heaven and back, BW and Sorc remained largely the same as they were in 2010.

I don't feel the need to post my damage, because everyone already know how much damage BW does.
1000+ damage is what BW fireball does. It requires 3 seconds to cast. Meanwhile, some shaman routinely deals the same amount of damage with a channel tick.
Thats wack considering my fireball does closer to 1.7 to 2k
Non-crit?
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Collision

Post#56 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:18 pm

Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:07 pm I don't feel the need to post my damage, because everyone already know how much damage BW does.
Do you really play the game ? My lvl15 BW full combu fireball hit at 1000+

vanbuinen77

Post#57 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:40 pm

The topic poster is plainly a very poor player, but not a troll i think.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Keula

Post#58 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:58 pm

You original screenshot has you mitigating only ~7.5% of the shamans damage. So if i would guess whats happening here is that you are solo so no guard, no kotbs auras/other resist buffs, they have used the 40ft range resist debuff, your don't have winds impervious equipped, might even have a bloodlord weapon equipped and are in melee range for reasons unknown.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#59 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:31 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:23 pm
emiliorv wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:41 pm
nuadarstark wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:28 pm Didn't Bombling literally hit 2.7k dps on the training dummy? That's the highest number we saw I think. BW is fine.
Yes, unbeated atm.
I mean, that was a pve-only build i threw together for that exact task of bursting down the dummy. it involved prebuilding combustion, morale, fishing for a onslaugh proc and replicating the test for quite a few times to get a sample where i had only crits and alot of damage procs. If this topic is even supposed to go any further i can go grab some more realistic pvp screenshots of timestamps on players or on dummies for a better data collection than the dummy build :D
Sure mostly ppl made the same and still didnt reach that dps score

Klozje

Post#60 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:38 pm

Hold on just a minute, isnt this the guy who said that Teefz cant comment on Squig Herder balance because he plays that class which means that his input is biased by default?

I sure hope you've never created and / or played a BW my good sir.